Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: OT: why all this negativity and bad energy?
Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: August 5, 2010 21:54

StonesTod
marchbaby
I'm just saying we should be positive and no so negative.

but we live miserable lives and it's only gonna get worse, so if we can't slag our ageing heroes, we really have no reason left to exist....

sorry to hear your life is miserable. you only get one life in this world...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 5, 2010 22:04

marchbaby
StonesTod
marchbaby

but we live miserable lives and it's only gonna get worse, so if we can't slag our ageing heroes, we really have no reason left to exist....

actually, i was given 3, but i traded a couple for a set of stones bobbleheads....

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 5, 2010 22:18

A few words from Helen Healer:

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: August 5, 2010 22:22

StonesTod
chastizing folks for posts made a few years ago?

hmmm...well, i'm really peeved about something leonard said about mick taylor in 2006 myself...yeah, it's good to get that off my chest

Are you kidding????

His 2004 and 2005 comments were much worse.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: August 5, 2010 23:05

DELETED

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-06 01:31 by misterfrias.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 5, 2010 23:12

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 5, 2010 23:13

marchbaby
just went back a few years reading some old posts. Alot of pop shots and deragatory comments made about the Stones, alot on Mick Taylor vs. Ron Wood. WTF?

Ya know you catch more flies with honey?

just don't understand bashing the stones on this forum. go away and dont' come back if you dont' have anything nice to say about these guys.

God bless them for even the possibility of another tour.

The Rolling Stones are the best.

Happy now?

If you're going to go through the effort of using an apostrophe, at least do it correctly. And "God" "blessing" them has nothing to do with anything. It's all up to them, and not anyone - real or not real - else.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 5, 2010 23:16

marchbaby
StonesTod
marchbaby

Life's too short.

But not short enough.

Re: STONES FANS VERY NEGATIVE
Date: August 5, 2010 23:31

Really - what does the amount of time with your life have to do with The Rolling Stones? Get a grip. It's just a band. In the end it means nothing. It doesn't put food on your table or pay for your roof. You want to pay $500 to hear Sympathy For The Devil done in an awful way along with quite a few others, by all means, have it and enjoy it. That's the problem with the Stones going on and on and on for so long - they CAN NOT live up to what they used to be. But they continue to act/think like they are/can. They do not affect my life one way or the other. I'm just a fan of the music, whether it's exceptional albums like Beggars, Bleed, Fingers, Soup, Girls, Tattoo or all the others that are good enough, like ER and Undercover and IORR and BAB and Bridges and blah blah blah.

It means nothing if I listen or don't listen - for a day, a week, a month or a year. But if I was to pay a ton of money to go see them "because I could" and they stunk, I'd be pissed.

And I would not do it again, no matter the legacy. So there are those who will pay for the "privilege" and those who won't. Why that is viewed as negative I don't understand. I'm not some dumb blind deaf Stones fan.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: August 5, 2010 23:56

skipstone
I'm just a fan of the music, whether it's exceptional albums like Beggars, Bleed, Fingers, Soup, Girls, Tattoo

did you just forget exile or did you intentionally leave it off that list???

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 6, 2010 01:37

skipstone
Really - what does the amount of time with your life have to do with The Rolling Stones? Get a grip. It's just a band. In the end it means nothing. It doesn't put food on your table or pay for your roof. You want to pay $500 to hear Sympathy For The Devil done in an awful way along with quite a few others, by all means, have it and enjoy it. That's the problem with the Stones going on and on and on for so long - they CAN NOT live up to what they used to be. But they continue to act/think like they are/can. They do not affect my life one way or the other. I'm just a fan of the music, whether it's exceptional albums like Beggars, Bleed, Fingers, Soup, Girls, Tattoo or all the others that are good enough, like ER and Undercover and IORR and BAB and Bridges and blah blah blah.

It means nothing if I listen or don't listen - for a day, a week, a month or a year. But if I was to pay a ton of money to go see them "because I could" and they stunk, I'd be pissed.

And I would not do it again, no matter the legacy. So there are those who will pay for the "privilege" and those who won't. Why that is viewed as negative I don't understand. I'm not some dumb blind deaf Stones fan.

Well said, the bashing from The Emperor's New Clothes crowd to anyone who dares point out that half the band can't play anyomore has gotten really out of hand lately.

Date: August 6, 2010 04:43

stoneswashed77
skipstone
I'm just a fan of the music, whether it's exceptional albums like Beggars, Bleed, Fingers, Soup, Girls, Tattoo

did you just forget exile or did you intentionally leave it off that list???

I forgot to put it on there. Not sure why.

Date: August 6, 2010 04:45

71Tele
skipstone

Well said, the bashing from The Emperor's New Clothes crowd to anyone who dares point out that half the band can't play anyomore has gotten really out of hand lately.

I prefer chocolate malts over chocolate shakes actually.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 6, 2010 22:38

skipstone
71Tele
skipstone

I prefer chocolate malts over chocolate shakes actually.

Not to disparage your soda fountain favorites, but huh?

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: August 7, 2010 01:33

My favorite is Cashew Nuts

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 7, 2010 01:49

Hi Jan, we already discussed this Cashew Nuts thing winking smiley

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: August 7, 2010 01:53

Shake up the set list and the die hard fans will be happy.The shows are too predictable and after seeing them tour after tour, it is the same old song and dance. Ron Wood looks bored stiff at times cranking out the same three or four chords song after song, tour after tour.
The Stones feel the need to play "Satisfaction" etc... because they think we expect it because they are charging a ton of money for a ticket and that they should play the hits. What the band fails to realize is that their catalog is huge and that there are many gems that have never, and will never, see the light of day performed live.Thank goodness Chuck brings it to their attention when he can.
"Moonlight Mile" live might not have been as nice as the studio recording, but who cares, at least they gave it a shot.
Stones songs, for the most part, are quite easy to play. If i can duplicate every Mick Taylor riff note for note with 100% accuracy, they can do it better than me and they wrote the freaking songs."Doo Doo Doo Heartbreaker" lead by Woody was butchered so badly, I wanted to cry.
Hearing "Miss You" live one more time, might make me pull my hair out. I would prefer something else and not "Love Train". Leave "Love Train" to Rod Stewart for crying out loud.
As far as age, no one rags on Dylan,Clapton,MACCA, Ringo,Aerosmith,BB King and Buddy Guy when they hit the road. As long as they can play,keep playing whether or not their faces are full of wrinkles or not. Rock and roll aint no freaking beauty contest.

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: August 7, 2010 01:57

Ladies and Gentlemen, what ever happened to LOVE? ? Lets be thankful for the GREAT music THE ROLLING STONES have given us. If you didn't LOVE The Stones music, you probably wouldn't be hear in the first place....now go play your favorite STONES song and relish in brillance.....'LOVE AND ONLY LOVE'............

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: August 7, 2010 02:03

"Flower power was just a load of crap, wasn't it? There was nothing about love, peace, and flowers in 'Jumpin' Jack Flash, was there?" - Mick Jagger

(sorry rainhog, couldn't resist)

this thread reminds me of a typo I saw in a thread here months ago..the word was "megative". Sums it all up nicely, doesn't it?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-07 02:04 by Keefan.

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: August 7, 2010 02:07

Keefan, thats ok, hope you are lovin' life and diggin'The Rolling Stones in some way or another. smiling smiley

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: August 7, 2010 02:15

^^^^ Abso-freakin'-lutely. Me, I'm just glad that the Stones are still rollin'. I'm looking forward to their 50th anniversary. Of course I wish they were still as good players, or inspired song writers, as they used to be, but I ain't complaining. The core of the band is pushin' 70, so what do people expect? Playing rock 'n' roll is very physical. Whenever the Stones play, its still the biggest and best party on the whole planet.

Date: August 7, 2010 03:00

In Foley, Alabama there is a fantastic peanut butter milkshake at the pharmacy. It's excellent.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: August 7, 2010 13:11

Thanks guys lots of postive messages,yea stones will be rocking again.
ITS ONLY ROCK-ROLL,BUT I LIKE IT

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1722
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home