Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stephan Remmler reading Keith Richards biography
Date: October 23, 2010 23:42

It does not seem to have been mentioned until now but German rock star Stephan Remmler is reading the German text of Keith's autobiography on an audiobook which can be bought at Amazon.de: [www.amazon.de]

I did already order it but it hasn't arrived yet.

Most of you won't know Stephan Remmler - he led some cover bands around Bremen (Germany) in the mid-1960s which were also doing Stones stuff and those days (still with long hair) he was known as "Mick Jagger der Unterweser". He later became known as the singer of the worldwide TRIO hit "Da da da I don't love you you don't love me aha aha aha" (1982) before becoming successful in German schlager and later rock. The exceptionally gifted TRIO guitarist Kralle Krawinkel was said to only tolerate Keith Richards on the rock'n'roll throne. There was also a TRIO song called "Ich lieb den Rock'n'Roll" (1983) which contained the riff of "(I can't get no) satisfaction" zu hören. The cover of the TRIO album "Bye bye" (buy buy...) (1983) was made up of ads - EMI bought one ad to promote the new Rolling Stones album "Undercover".

However, Remmler has a real cool voice and I hope he's reading Keith's bio really well. Of course, as I expect, he will read the stuff in German... I'm not sure if it's the whole book or just excerpts.

Re: Stephan Remmler reading Keith Richards biography
Posted by: kait ()
Date: October 24, 2010 00:22

German ROCK STAR confused smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 24, 2010 00:24

Never heard of him....

Date: October 24, 2010 00:36

kait
German ROCK STAR confused smiley

Yes rock star, if you have heard the first TRIO album of 1981 and especially Remmlers albums "Vamos" (1993) and "Hüh" (live, 1994) where he had an excellent band playing with him. Of course it's GERMAN rock, but if Marius Müller Westernhagen is rock, Stephan Remmler is rock at least! We're not talking about hard rock here, though.

Date: October 24, 2010 00:40

he was "big" in the eighties (i was a victim of the
neue deutsche welle) with trio, and they played
something else but nothing which comes near rock.
but, i like his version of "da da da" with sido

Date: October 24, 2010 00:48

The first TRIO album is definitely rock, sometimes even punk rock. Just check it out. The stuff on it didn't sound like "Da da da" at all - the song was only added later editions.

Then "Da da da" was a worldwide hit and everybody thinks that's TRIO. It is NOT. But they took the money anyway.

But otherwise TRIO was only "big" in Germany. Later Remmler had some considerable success with his schlager efforts. But at the beginning of the 1990s he returned to rock which wasn't commercially successful but which was real good GERMAN rock.

Date: October 24, 2010 00:51

i should check out the later stuff, but your're right:
remmler has a real cool voice

Date: October 24, 2010 00:59

Remmlers live album "Hüh" is just great. Also I think Kralle Krawinkels one and only solo album "Kralle" (1993) is great and shows he was a much finer guitar player than you'd assume when listening to "Da da da". Of course Remmler also did some stuff that is not so very great, but how else to pay for a villa on Teneriffa, a house in Basel and to feed three children?

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 24, 2010 01:55

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-24 15:48 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:22

Trio was a cool 3-piece rock group.
Great guitar work and drums.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:43

it was a big " scandal" as i took this single to school...winking smiley

Date: October 26, 2010 00:27

I did see Trio live at a "Unifest" (University Summer Festival) in a not so big city.... before the whole German speaking nation was singing their Da Da Da and I considered them as a "kind of punk band with Dada..ism efforts..." Folks didn´t understand, but at least they made some kind of money with the non-undertanding..... I always liked their song "Kummer"

(I don´t know how to post the youtube video - it always appears twice and with a lot of silly signs)

But the concert long ago was okay.... (nothing to compare with the Stones, but nevermind)

Anyway - Stephan Remmler is quite a good choice for the reading !

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-26 00:36 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Date: November 5, 2010 01:50

Just for the record: Today the CD arrived. I payed € 17.99 at Amazon.de and in fact it's a set of six CD's but just one small little paper in it (no booklet) with no forther explanations. The six CD's contain a total of 400 minutes and the cover says it's a shortened, authorized version (of the original book).

Of course I haven't heard the whole stuff yet, only the first CD which spans Keith's life span from birth up to meeting Mick Jagger and Ian Stewart. He says in his younger years he preferred things that one can do alone - "like jerking." Of course all the stuff is read in German and Stephan Remmler is a real talent as a narrator, it's fun to listen to the stuff.

The following Youtube-Video is no real video but features the Trio song "Ich lieb den Rock'n'Roll" which contains guitarist Kralle Krawinkels hommage to his one and only Rolling Stones - the main riff of "Satisfaction" (at 00:50). Hey - just one electric guitar with only one pickup, one voice and one drum!

Date: November 5, 2010 23:26

CD 2 covers the time from about 1963 to mid-1966. Sometimes it seems Keith doesn't really rememember but his ghost writer just compiled some stories he found elsewhere and connected them with some Keith-sims... well. Still, most of it sounds funy and/or interesting (if only I hadn't heard so many times before).

The most interesting things on this 2nd CD (of 6) are
* Mick is nearly not existing (not to speak of Charlie and Bill)
* Brian made a deep impression on Keith - there are long passages muttering about Brian (and at this stage Keith hasn't yet taken Anita away from Brian!). To me it seems Keith has somehow the urge to explain his bad feelings towards Brian, there seems to be more than bad conscience. Probably Keith wouldn't like it - he says the Stones were Stu's band (a joke!) - but I got the feeling when Keith talks about Brian, he just doesn't like to admit that Brian did so many things before Mick and Keith even thought about them. But they were always quick to follow and claim it was their own idea.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home