Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith on CBS Sunday Morning *EDIT* Look at first post
Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: October 24, 2010 17:42

[www.cbsnews.com]

EDIT FOR OUR EUROPEAN FRIENDS

I ghetto youtubed it..I recorded the show with my camera so you can see it.

Pt II

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-24 23:58 by Bingo.

Re: Keith on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 24, 2010 17:49

Thanks.
Notice that the cigarette seems to be a prop!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 24, 2010 17:52

This guy loves to spin it - who knows what's true and what's made up!! I don't think Keith knows!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 24, 2010 17:54

spin indeed...I felt dirty watching it..a little too much dirty laundry again....back to ripping Jagger...tired....my take away was that he sounded a little bitter.... Enough already...either play man or get off the stage.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 24, 2010 18:04

great guy, love him !!
Jeroen

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 24, 2010 18:08

Rip This
spin indeed...I felt dirty watching it..a little too much dirty laundry again....back to ripping Jagger...tired....my take away was that he sounded a little bitter.... Enough already...either play man or get off the stage.

Err, What are you on about?
Did you get hijacked and watched a different interview?

perhaps you have problems with your washing machine? there usually are manuals to be found on the net.

Thanks Bingo. I liked it and had a chuckle.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: October 24, 2010 18:19

I didn't detect any vibe from him whatsoever regarding Mick - just that they're different, they don't hang like they used to, but the band will always bring them together.

Loved the profile, though - especially the shots of him roaming around the Connecticut estate (and the lemons - "They're like hand grenades! hfhrrr hrffrrr hrfrrrr!").

He didn't seem as sober as on the Today Show or Fallon a few months ago... he looked pretty baked, actually. Them eyes were red!

And any suspicion of him getting botox or a facelift should be thrown out the window. He looked weird on the Today Show - must've been lighting and makeup. He was back to his usual tattered self on CBS.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 24, 2010 18:24

I've seen many interviews with Mick Jagger lately while promoting re-release of Exile. He spoke about music, Stones,times.
Keith is only asked about gossip and he is ready to dig into dirty laundry. Why is that?

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: October 24, 2010 18:27

JuanTCB
I didn't detect any vibe from him whatsoever regarding Mick - just that they're different, they don't hang like they used to, but the band will always bring them together.

Loved the profile, though - especially the shots of him roaming around the Connecticut estate (and the lemons - "They're like hand grenades! hfhrrr hrffrrr hrfrrrr!").

He didn't seem as sober as on the Today Show or Fallon a few months ago... he looked pretty baked, actually. Them eyes were red!

And any suspicion of him getting botox or a facelift should be thrown out the window. He looked weird on the Today Show - must've been lighting and makeup. He was back to his usual tattered self on CBS.

thumbs up as Keef said on Fallon "What you said"

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Date: October 24, 2010 19:10

proudmary
I've seen many interviews with Mick Jagger lately while promoting re-release of Exile. He spoke about music, Stones,times.
Keith is only asked about gossip and he is ready to dig into dirty laundry. Why is that?

You hit the nail on the head - Mick was promoting the Exile reissue, so he was talking about that record and the early '70s Stones. Keith is promoting a personal account of his life, so that's what he's talking about. And who has he shared his entire life with? Mick. So it's really only natural. And to the general public, Keith talking about Mick on TV is a hell of a lot more interesting than him talking about Anita, who 99% of them have never heard of, or Brian, who's been dead for 40 years.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 24, 2010 19:19

This is just classic Keith. I love it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-24 19:20 by ryanpow.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 24, 2010 19:24

JuanTCB
proudmary

You hit the nail on the head - Mick was promoting the Exile reissue, so he was talking about that record and the early '70s Stones. Keith is promoting a personal account of his life, so that's what he's talking about. And who has he shared his entire life with? Mick. So it's really only natural. And to the general public, Keith talking about Mick on TV is a hell of a lot more interesting than him talking about Anita, who 99% of them have never heard of, or Brian, who's been dead for 40 years.

Yeah, it seems the public never tires of reading about the sub-gay matrimonial life of Mick and Keith."I used to love Mick, but I haven't been to his dressing room in 20 years," Keith says, like a wife who's still hanging on, keeping the marriage together for the sake of the kids.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 24, 2010 19:24

Watching from the UK, I can only see 2 short clips - re the "ashes" and the "vampire rumour". From what's been posted on here about lemons, the Connecticut estate, dirty laundry and ripping Jagger, it sounds as if there is possibly more available to US viewers?

Date: October 24, 2010 19:28

Yeah, the full U.S. segment was a solid 10 minutes, at least.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 24, 2010 19:31

proudmary

Talk is cheap, and a cheap way to promote a book.

Date: October 24, 2010 19:33

Green Lady
Watching from the UK, I can only see 2 short clips - re the "ashes" and the "vampire rumour". From what's been posted on here about lemons, the Connecticut estate, dirty laundry and ripping Jagger, it sounds as if there is possibly more available to US viewers?

Maybe try it through their facebook link? I hope it works for you.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 24, 2010 19:50

>> Maybe try it through their facebook link? I hope it works for you. <<

just the short bits on facebook as well - thank you, though!

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: October 24, 2010 20:41

here's the article related to the video:

[www.cbsnews.com]

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 24, 2010 22:05

Yup, same ole Keith, saying things for shock value and for the laugh...it did seem forced, and yes, he was juiced. I noticed the glass was refilled a few times during the 15 minute segment. Nice house though. The biggest thing about him is his selective memory....oh, he was angry with Mick for abandoning the band and going off on his own...BO HOO! Funny he didn't get into WHY Mick wanted to do a solo project....like maybe he'd had enough of Keith refusing to WORK! Maybe Mick was ambitious and wanted to make new music and with Keith snorting and shooting everything in sight,it was impossible to motivate his partner. It's really not hard to read between the lines if you know Stones History. At least MIck HAD an ego at that time, Keith basicly flat-lined.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 24, 2010 22:23

I seem to recall Keith wanting to go on the road to support Dirty Work and Mick refused to do so. Mick went out and did She's the Boss and played Japan with Stones songs. Charlie, Bill and Ronnie were pissed at Mick for going off on his own as well. Mick was correct in not touring at the time Charlie was at a low point in his life. But Keith wanted to go.
Keith is Keith he is always going to run his mouth. Who cares. Just don't distort the facts around the time of Dirty Work. Mick was pretty unbearable at the time and then he went off on his own and did some really crappy albums (She's the Boss and Primitive Cool which included the worst song associated with any part of the Stones, Let's Work) and realized he needed the band as much as they need him. Mick without the Stones is lame (Wandering Spirit the exception) and Keith without the Stones sounds like unfinished Stones songs.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 22:38

Nice irreverent interview. He seemed reasonably sober to me, and when the hell has a cigarette ever been a prop for Keith???? I read Patti often asks him, "Why are you lighting up another one so soon?" Keith: "Because the last one wasn't long enough."

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 22:52

marchbaby
here's the article related to the video:

[www.cbsnews.com]

Thanks for that print version of the fuller interview. So Keith was called "Ricky" as a boy. I learned something today!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 24, 2010 23:00

Slew, you are right about one thing; they were correct in not touring behind Dirty Work but I'm saying that maybe Mick being " unbearable" according to the Keith camp was Mick's built up reaction to putting up with an addict for YEARS and all of the special problems that created for the band! And Keith's comment about Mick not liking his friends....DUH! Keith's friends were junkies who threatened the existence of the band. Maybe, Mick being the practical Mick that everyone finds fault with was correct in chasing away that negative element. How many busts did they avoid because Mick was smart enough to discourage that negative element? I hardly think Mick was " jealous" of these creeps! More like wary.
I won't dispute the fact that perhaps Mick was thinking of his options back in the 80's. If his solo career had been more of a success what might have happened to the Stones? Who knows? Keith deserved a bit of a shake up, IMO, due to the crap he put the band through during the height of his addiction!! I'm not a big fan of She's The Boss, but the rets of Mick's solo material is very decent, and in many folks' opinion, quite good.
You can defend Keith all you want but have you no appreciation for the guy that REALLY has held this band together for almost 50 years??

Date: October 24, 2010 23:03

To our European friends.....see the first post, I youtubed it for you.

Re: Keith on CBS Sunday Morning *EDIT* Look at first post
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: October 25, 2010 00:23

Thanks Bingo!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 25, 2010 00:25

......My job is ta turn Mick on .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 25, 2010 00:27

Rockman
......My job is ta turn Mick on .....

Well, I'd wish he'd flip that switch.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 25, 2010 01:44

Thanks for posting--missed it this morning.

His words about the current relationship with Mick is pretty clear. "We don't see each other much when we're not working." "We're not friends but we'll always be brothers." Case closed, me thinks.

Posted by: melvin ()
Date: October 25, 2010 03:53

Questions I would ask Keith. How much acid did you take in the 60s?
Why did you let your tooth rot out of your head in the early 70s? (see L&G DVD)
Is it true that you were so out of it physically that you had to be bodily carried from gig to gig in the late 70s? Why were you so upset with Mick doing a solo tour in the 80s when you ended up doing the same thing for 2 years? Why do you have to change your guitar after every song during a concert? Since the Blind Date concert, how much charity work have you done? Just asking!

Posted by: kittypoo ()
Date: October 25, 2010 04:14

Keith can be so charming ! I loved the small tour of his house . His fingers look okay . I think he's just the cats meow . Has anyone on this forum ever met him ?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home