Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Whats Mick saying??
Posted by: boston99 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 20:41

Need some help; For years I've been listening to these songs and can't decipher whats being said.

1. Going to A Go Go (Still Life) at the end of the song Mick says "Thank you very much, you're very kind" Then what does he say after that??

2. Respectable; what's Mick shouting just before each guitar solo? The 2nd one sounds like "ok Ronnie Wood?"

3. Sympathy for the Devil - just before the first verse there's a woman's voice deep in the mix at 0:20 seconds. Anyone know what she says??

Bonus question - On the new "Ladies and Gentlemen" DVD - during Happy there seems to be a different audio to what Mick and Keith are singing. Several times you hear one or both their voices with no one at the microphone. Was there someone else singing back-up during that show? Towards the end of the song as Keith charges through the last hectic guitar parts Mick's on the mic and, it appears, his lips don't match the audio.

Thanks

Re: Whats Mick saying??
Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 21:00

Happy in L&G is an overdub, or maybe the audio from another show was used.

In Respectable he says "Alright boys" before Ron's solo, but before the first one I can't really tell...Something like "What say" but it's unintelligible for me.

After Going To A Go Go he says "Thank you very much you're very kind, I can see you (something)"

On SFTD it sounds like laughter mainly. But probably someone with a better ear might tell what the woman is saying.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 17, 2010 21:00

>> "Thank you very much, you're very kind" Then what does he say after that?? <<

i can't see you - i'm blind

bonus answer: L&G was compiled from four gigs, and there are times (like during Happy) when it shows
(Keith changes guitars during a couple of numbers as well)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-17 21:07 by with sssoul.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 17, 2010 22:41

On the 78 tour Mick was in the habit of saying "sister" alot like "alright, sister". Don't know why...

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: October 17, 2010 23:38

At the end of Going To A Go Go, I think he says, "Thank you very much, you're very kind. I want to come and see you but I'm blind".

Are these his own words or is he quoting a few lines from someone else? Either way, what does he mean by it?

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 18, 2010 00:46

Harlem Shuffler
At the end of Going To A Go Go, I think he says, "Thank you very much, you're very kind. I want to come and see you but I'm blind".

I always thought it was:

"Thank you very much, you're very kind. I could probly sing all night long."

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 18, 2010 00:52

Harlem Shuffler

Are these his own words or is he quoting a few lines from someone else? Either way, what does he mean by it?

It's 'I cant see you, I'm blind'.

A reference to the onstage lights being in his eyes or else the audience being in darkness.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 18, 2010 03:48

There is the giggling bit and then someone says something very very fast right before Mick starts the lyrics in SFTD. I've never been able to decipher it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1386
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home