Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rolling Stones Burnout?
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: September 20, 2010 04:59

Just curious, do any of you ever get tired of listening to the Stones, or having discussions about them? Every once in a blue moon I have to take a break from them.

Re: Rolling Stones Burnout?
Posted by: CBII ()
Date: September 20, 2010 05:03

Never! Too much great material.

CBII

Date: September 20, 2010 05:11

CBII
Never! Too much great material.

You are a better Man (fan) than I!

Date: September 20, 2010 05:57

I'm always listening to the boots I download from Hot Stuff. It keeps my intersest in the band fresh.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: September 20, 2010 06:53

There are always periods where I don't listen as much (or at all) to Stones music as I use to.

Posted by: 2000man2000 ()
Date: September 20, 2010 07:11

I still listen to them everyday and really enjoy the "B" sides and stuff you don't hear on radio... Just started getting back into the early stuff.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: September 20, 2010 07:18

You mean 1973? We took a breather.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 20, 2010 08:00

Absolutely. It's good to leave it alone. I'll go for months without listening to them.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: September 20, 2010 08:03

skipstone
Absolutely. It's good to leave it alone. I'll go for months without listening to them.
amen

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 20, 2010 08:29

Well, nowadays, instead of listening to them, you can play monopoly or trivial pursuit.
BTW, just got my monopoly game. Waiting for TP now...

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: September 20, 2010 08:39

You must listen to other things. during a tour it is natural to listen to more Stones boots and studio too.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: September 20, 2010 08:41

Take lots of breaks. There's so much good music out there that I would miss if I only listened to the Stones. Always come back, though. Usually via Exile or a boot.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 20, 2010 08:53

I have never overdosed on the Stones, purely because I don't listen to them frequently enough to do so. The last disc in my CD player was the Exile bonus disc - and how many months ago was that released? They get a spin in the car occasionaly, but their output is pretty much restricted to whatever pops up on the i-Pod these days.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: September 20, 2010 09:53

Well i had an overdose,i traded lot of stuff between 1996-2004,and again in 2005.
Then i started download stuff,,,,i got so much everything that i had nearly a 3 year long break.I did listen occasionally,,but it didn´t give me anything.
Now i´m back and probably will be until next tour ends.You do get overloaded if you get 10-30 shows/per month for 7 years in a row.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 20, 2010 12:05

skipstone

Same for me.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: September 20, 2010 12:11

I take breaks from them now and then

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 20, 2010 12:35

35 years break. Still in shock.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 20, 2010 12:49

15 years break after the marriage.My husbund didn't like rock'n'roll at all. But couple of years ago I came back to my Stones,taking him with me. Now he is real fan

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 20, 2010 13:19

Man it is a compulsion and I can never go too long without listening to something from The Stones... I mean maybe a week??? Then something comes up that has to be played!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 20, 2010 13:28

I've never taken a break from The Stones. But I have had Beatles burnout. Maybe sometime in the future it will be the other way around, who knows.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: September 20, 2010 14:44

Yes. In a burnout period now. If I hear anything from Bridges to Babylon I will puke.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: September 20, 2010 14:47

Never, never, never, never, never be...

Posted by: stonesseventytwo ()
Date: September 20, 2010 15:12

Yeah, I know what you mean. It can become an unhealthy obsession and not befitting someone who is in their 50s. And all the irrelevant discussion threads here burn me out sometimes. I mean who cares if Mick Jagger eats granola or pop tarts for breakfast. But I have been a fan since I was 12 and I never burn out on the 69 or 72 tours. Can't get enough of that period.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: September 20, 2010 16:51

I've been 'out' since the beginning of the eighties. Discovered Mozart at that time. Still bought the new releases, but still not able to tell if ABB was before or after VDL or SW. 'Back' since about a year. Rediscovering especially the 'real Stones period' (Jones/Taylor era) and collecting the audio/video boots from those eras (mostly Taylor era live). Also got Handsome Girls (78 tour), a bit of the 81/82 tour, Atlantic City (89), SAL dvd etc., but only parts of the Kansas 81 concert with Taylor are interesting to me. The influence of Mozart leads automatically to the most musical, authentic and emotional-dramatic Stones period.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 20, 2010 17:21

I would say I've become even more obsessed since joining this blog. It's made me aware of certain audio and DVD boots and now I know a place to find them. There are so many periods to the Stones that you can be listening to an entirely different sounding band in different decades. After listening over and over to every scrap of music the Beatles ever made, I got burned out on them. I rarely return to them. The Remasters I listened to once, and then the novelty wore off. The Stones, nope.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: September 20, 2010 17:34

24FPS
I would say I've become even more obsessed since joining this blog. It's made me aware of certain audio and DVD boots and now I know a place to find them. There are so many periods to the Stones that you can be listening to an entirely different sounding band in different decades. After listening over and over to every scrap of music the Beatles ever made, I got burned out on them. I rarely return to them. The Remasters I listened to once, and then the novelty wore off. The Stones, nope.

I can relate to being more into the Stones since discovering this forum, although I was already into them a lot

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: September 20, 2010 20:30

as much as i love the stones, i can't imagine listening to them every single day. that is just overkill.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 20, 2010 20:40

skipstone

of course. no different than any other band/act. always good to take a break and comeback for a refresher. there's waaaaaay too much great music out there to spend too much time listening to any single artist.

Date: September 20, 2010 20:55

T&A
skipstone

of course. no different than any other band/act. always good to take a break and comeback for a refresher. there's waaaaaay too much great music out there to spend too much time listening to any single artist.

Agreed. Saw Neil Young on television last night, some beautiful and moving music. Also, love the Grateful Dead (instrumentals only) especially when I am writing. Probably listen to Bob Dylan as much as I do the Stones. I actually enjoy the Stones more live on their various DVD's then I do their studio recorded CD's.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: September 20, 2010 21:13

Definitely have burned out on a lot of the old Rolling Stones hits, songs that I have heard hundreds if not thousands of times.

My solution? Open an account on Pandora.com and start a new station buy typing in Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones and they will play lots of Stones songs along with similar hits from other artists . . even new groups of the modern era.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home