Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Youtube & Google Accounts
Date: July 5, 2010 03:55

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-31 13:25 by rollingstoneschick92.

Re: OT: Youtube & Google Accounts
Date: July 5, 2010 04:57

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-31 13:26 by rollingstoneschick92.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: July 5, 2010 16:25

i ran into the same problem with my old account ghostryder8567 and made another jaggermorrison2009 then youtube blocked the 2009 so i made jaggermorrison2010 but i was able to use another gmail account to get back in to the ghostryder but by that time i was so fustrated that i've hardly made any new videos in months. youtube is going downhill big time

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 5, 2010 16:31

Google actually owns YouTube. But shouldn't you be able to have a YouTube account with having G-Mail?

No matter - I've never been able to get to comment on a video on youtube. No matter what I've done. It just doesn't work.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 5, 2010 16:43

Normaly I didn't have any problems to comment on a video but the the last time it didn't work, had go a lot of screens so no comment for me again.....

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 5, 2010 17:15

NICOS
Normaly I didn't have any problems to comment on a video but the the last time it didn't work, had go a lot of screens so no comment for me again.....

maybe it has to do with this:

...Although YouTube is owned by Google, the exploit did not allow access to Google accounts. Google initially deactivated comments over the weekend and has now fixed the vulnerability. However, comments remain disabled for some of the affected videos. It's still unclear how long the vulnerability has been present. Google is looking into the problem to ensure it does not happen again.

[www.h-online.com]

Date: July 5, 2010 18:20

Thanks open-g looks like this is the problem

Date: July 5, 2010 20:13

Date: July 5, 2010 20:36

Looks like your not the only one rollingstoneschick92

[www.google.com]

Date: July 5, 2010 20:41

RSchick, did you open the YouTube account on it's own and only later merged it with the gmail account?
if so, your initial password should still be active.

I've un-tangled my account that way. it's gettin rediculous, same with Facebook!eye rolling smiley

Date: July 5, 2010 21:06

Date: July 5, 2010 21:13

I just read into Nicos link - looks like YT messed it up real big.

sry, too bad.

Date: July 5, 2010 21:22

I just read some of the posters on YouTube, try to delete your cookies rollingstoneschick92 and try it again (looks like YouTubes checks you cookies and the decide which account it will use

Date: July 5, 2010 21:39

Date: August 9, 2010 00:51

Don't want to make a new Thread so I'll will use this one:

GOOGLE Search engine S-UCKS.......at least what they change in the picture search section.

So I'll we use my old search engine that I used before Google Altavista

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: August 9, 2010 06:12

NICOS
Don't want to make a new Thread so I'll will use this one:

GOOGLE Search engine S-UCKS.......at least what they change in the picture search section.

So I'll we use my old search engine that I used before Google Altavista

I agree about their new images search, I hate it, it really sucks. Why are these tech companies always f-ucking up stuff like this, fixing things that aren't broken.

Date: September 25, 2010 12:48

YouTube again svcks at least I think it's ABCKO this time

Because of copyrights they blocked/deleted "Ventilator Blues The Rolling Stones at Nellcote 1972" from my account

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: September 25, 2010 16:01

Yeah, you never can tell NICOS. Been a member there since march 2006, was always very careful about uploads, but still got one vid deleted - it was 30 seconds of Pete Townshend at Woodstock '69 kicking a cameraman in the ass. B&W footage, it was just another Who bootleg at the time of the upload, but in 2009. the person who filmed it ( [www.woodstocktapes.com] ) appeared on the scene and got it removed (my clip and lot of others, you won't find any of that footage online now). But it was interesting coz I've contacted him and he turned out to be quite a cool guy, shared his memories and explained how he missed to film the Pete/Abbie Hoffman incident (but managed to capture 45 minutes of 60 min. that The Who played). Still my fav Who footage, better than all the pro-shot stuff; filmed from Pete's side of the stage, it's just like... being there. Sorry for the rant. smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-25 16:09 by Milan.

Date: September 25, 2010 22:45

I still got two related Stones video's on you tube, I wander how far they can go with the copy right thing.............

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 26, 2010 12:00

So can you have a youtube account without have a Gmail account? I've totally given up on youtube as far as commenting - it has never worked. And right, there is no help at all in terms of actually talking to someone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1516
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home