Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tuscaloosa '72
Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: August 31, 2010 08:46

I am recalling a quote of some type that I read years ago that somebody once asked Keith what he thought was the best show the band had ever done or else it was the best show the band had done on the '72 Tour and that Keith supposedly responded somewhere along the lines that the Tuscaloosa show in '72 really stood out to him.
In thinking about this and in consideration that all of us spend a lot of time discussing what the supposed best shows from that particular tour were (and the Taylor Era in general), I would hope that someday that this show gets some kind of an official audio release if Mick and Keith have it stored away in their tape storage facility.
Can anybody recall anything that Keith specifically said about the gig itself to warrant his bringing up that Tuscaloosa was so special?

Re: Tuscaloosa '72
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 1, 2010 16:54

You're shure about that quote? Never heard of it.
Has anything said about it in R. Greenfield's 72 tour book?

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: September 1, 2010 17:06

Knowing Keith and his "hazy" memory - bet he was thinking of: Charlotte N.C.
Boot: DRIPPING HONEY

they were so melodic that night!

MLC

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 1, 2010 17:17

MCDDTLC
Knowing Keith and his "hazy" memory - bet he was thinking of: Charlotte N.C.
Boot: DRIPPING HONEY

they were so melodic that night!

MLC

I love that Charlotte is the show that is often singled out, from '72..love the boot too. Just wish I could have gone to the SHOW!! I was in the 10th grade and lived 2 hrs drive away at the time. Didn't get to my first Stones show till Greensboro '75! that was a good one too.

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: September 1, 2010 17:25

72stones
I am recalling a quote of some type that I read years ago that somebody once asked Keith what he thought was the best show the band had ever done or else it was the best show the band had done on the '72 Tour and that Keith supposedly responded somewhere along the lines that the Tuscaloosa show in '72 really stood out to him.
In thinking about this and in consideration that all of us spend a lot of time discussing what the supposed best shows from that particular tour were (and the Taylor Era in general), I would hope that someday that this show gets some kind of an official audio release if Mick and Keith have it stored away in their tape storage facility.
Can anybody recall anything that Keith specifically said about the gig itself to warrant his bringing up that Tuscaloosa was so special?

Greenfield seems to be MIA for much of the southern swing of the 72' tour.Only a few paragraphs even mention that part of the tour. Maybe he was holed up gathering his notes.

Posted by: kingkirby ()
Date: September 1, 2010 18:14

Does anyone know if "Dripping Honey" has been posted on here? I can only find links to hungercity when I search (which I can't access) and I'd love to hear it!

Any nods in the right direction would be much appreciated...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 1, 2010 18:19

"Dripping Honey" isn't the best source nor is the recent DAC tile "Goin Back To The Roots". The best is the offered-for-free torrent described here :

VENUE/DATE:
Coliseum, Charlotte, North Carolina
July 6th 1972

PERFORMANCE:
More fantastic than you'll ever be

COMMENTS #1:
This is a reseed of Watchit's great share of his tape.
Torn And Frayed (mjake) also shared this tape, which was very much alike the Watchit tape.
Thanks to both these gentlemen.

COMMENTS #2:
I bought DAC's recent release "Goin Back To The Roots" which features the Norfolk and the Charlotte show of 1972. The *Charlotte disc* is taken from Watchit's torrent; but they EQ'd it a bit. But the EQ-work they did NOT make it a better listen. It's more muffled and buired! It's not a *major difference* but still.....it's NOT for the better. And this is coming from a guy who actually is quite tolerant to EQing and remixing.....I like what VGP did with Charlotte 1972 on "Drippin Honey" for instance.
So - what you get here is the best version/source of the best audience recording of 1972.

ARTWORK:
Selfmade artwork included.
Therefor I had to make a new MD5 file.
Apart from that; no changes made to the files.

to Watchit !

Erik_snow

Posted by: kingkirby ()
Date: September 1, 2010 19:25

Thanks for the info dcba, but unfortunately I can't download from torrents. I was hoping someone had put it up here as a fileshare on megaupload or similar; I've never heard this performance and it seems to get a lot of raves - anyone know if I can grab it from anywhere?

Thanks again...

Date: September 3, 2010 07:14

Jesse1960
72stones

Greenfield seems to be MIA for much of the southern swing of the 72' tour.Only a few paragraphs even mention that part of the tour. Maybe he was holed up gathering his notes.

Little Bobby Greenfield quit the tour in a fit of pique because Jann Wenner, his boss, decided to put Truman Capote on tour w/the band. Greenfield was MIA Tuscaloosa - NYC.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 3, 2010 15:49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home