Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

You Am I (feat. Jet and Vennetta Fields and more) to perform "Exile" in full (Sydney, Aust)
Posted by: Chris85 ()
Date: August 25, 2010 03:45

[www.fasterlouder.com.au]

This September, an all-star lineup will unite under the same roof in Sydney for The JD Birthday Set, a unique performance of The Rolling Stones’ 1972 classic Exile on Main St. in its entirety.

Often cited as one of the most important albums in the history of rock and roll, Exile on Main St. is the perfect choice for a live performance tribute to whiskey king, Jack Daniel. With a total of 18 songs, the album features a mélange of musical stylings. From the gospel-blues ballad of Let It Loose to the rockabilly-tinged Rip This Joint, the 1972 classic would be no easy feat to recreate live.

Thankfully, the right people are on board. With Aussie-rock legends You Am I acting as house band, the night will feature a delightful medley of Australian talent. Joining the lads on stage will be recent success story Washington, the front-men from Jet and The Panics (Nic Cester and Jae Laffer ), Tex Perkins and Adalita ( Magic Dirt ). Also joining the aforementioned on stage will be the legendary Venetta Fields, who provided backing vocals for Exile on Main St.

The JD Birthday Set will take place on Wednesday 15th September at the Oxford Art Factory, Sydney.

Tickets on sale Tuesday 24th August from www.TheJDSet.com.au

Re: You Am I (feat. Jet and Vennetta Fields and more) to perform "Exile" in full (Sydney, Aust)
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 25, 2010 08:40

First Phish, and now this...and somehow the Stones themselves are incapable or unwilling to treat us to an "Exile" performance. Ditch Darryl, bring in Bill and Bill Plummer, Taylor, Keyes. The entire Rolling Stones line up that created Exile is alive, and these guys don't have the ambition to bring it off (either that or there's not enough money in it). For shame.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1535
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home