Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

2003 short interview with Stones about Brian...
Posted by: tay66 ()
Date: August 7, 2010 00:23

kind of interesting.

didnt know if everyone has seen this (i assume most of you have).

the same thing is usually said about brian by the rest of the boys, but i haven't seen anything this recent...

Re: 2003 short interview with Stones about Brian...
Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: August 7, 2010 11:49

nice.

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: August 7, 2010 18:34

Same old, tired comments about Brian. Zzzzzzzzzzz . . .

Posted by: ThankGod ()
Date: August 7, 2010 18:53

Zzzzzzzzzzz.....neptune....same old tired response from you.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 7, 2010 20:23

Not nice comment from Charlie: "He was not very nice" and "he was not very pleasent". That says a lot - must somehow have been rude to Charlie. Why would Chalie else say these things.

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: August 7, 2010 20:42

At first Charlie says he felt sorry for Brian, then he goes on how he was not very nice, etc. I think they all knew Brian had problems. The whole interview would be nice to see.

Date: August 7, 2010 20:47

mtaylor
Not nice comment from Charlie: "He was not very nice" and "he was not very pleasent". That says a lot - must somehow have been rude to Charlie. Why would Chalie else say these things.

Brian went out of his way to recruit Charlie into the band, and he finally accepted somewhat reluctantly. Charlie should be eternally grateful for that invite.

Date: August 7, 2010 22:25

Marie
At first Charlie says he felt sorry for Brian, then he goes on how he was not very nice, etc. I think they all knew Brian had problems. The whole interview would be nice to see.

yeah i was thinking the same thing.

i would like the see the entire thing as well but charlie usually has a nice word for brian. usually sounding sympathetic at least. thats why i thought it was interesting.

i guess memories of people change over time?

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: August 8, 2010 01:57

That's why I'd like to see the whole interview. After Charlie said he wasn't pleasant, I bet he probably showed a littled empathy.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: August 8, 2010 13:58

A lot of people say that Brian had the style and vocabulary of a gentleman but with a rude twist. Thinking about the way Brian grew up I guess the "rudeness" was an emotional shield...or maybe just his humour. Maybe that's what Charlie meant? Because he has also said that he never had any problems with Brian and that they got closer before Brian died.

I would love to hear more about Brian from Charlie. But he doesn't say much about him and here it feels like he find it somehwat painful to share his thoughts. sad smiley Mick and Keith sounds like a broken record as usual.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 8, 2010 15:18

neptune
mtaylor

Brian went out of his way to recruit Charlie into the band, and he finally accepted somewhat reluctantly. Charlie should be eternally grateful for that invite.

You could also say that the Stones -including Brian- should be eternal grateful that Charlie accepted. Charlie, together with Wyman, lifted the Stones from just a generic R&B band to something spectacularly good. The stage persona’s of Jagger and Brian, the songwriting of Richards and the backbone of Watts and Wyman is what have made the Stones the greatest band in the world.

Mathijs

Date: August 8, 2010 18:08

Mick likes to mention how fame wasn't good for Brian, that he wasn't well-suited for it. Yet, Brian seemed to love the attention and fame, at least in the beginning. Look at all TV appearances and interviews from 1963 to 1966- the guy was smiling a lot of the time. Perhaps there were other bigger things bothering Brian at the time that Mick doesn't care to admit and/or elaborate on.

Date: August 8, 2010 21:48

neptune
Mick likes to mention how fame wasn't good for Brian, that he wasn't well-suited for it. Yet, Brian seemed to love the attention and fame, at least in the beginning. Look at all TV appearances and interviews from 1963 to 1966- the guy was smiling a lot of the time. Perhaps there were other bigger things bothering Brian at the time that Mick doesn't care to admit and/or elaborate on.

exactly. i dont think brian had a problem with fame. you can see him talking about it in that denmark inteview where he is going back and forth with mick and keith. talking about screaming girls and selling albums. He has a real sense of self in those days. here he is talking about it.

i think a lot of drugs, cops continuously beating down your door, and your life that you worked for going to shit then maybe fame becomes a bit of a bother.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 15, 2010 08:42

They were all so young that I think it makes them stop and try to make sense of what happened with Brian. Brian was the canary in the coal mine, the first big victim of 60s rock and roll drug culture. Despite what John Lennon said, Brian was a genius. His influence still lives in the band in their fashion sense and continuing love affair with the blues. There seems to have been personality issues with Brian going back to his boyhood. Maybe if he hadn't died he might have gotten it together more, and in time might have understood himself better. I think the problem the band has is trying to remember his sweetness when they obviously suffered from his nasty side. Look at the band formation for Rock and Roll Circus. Bill, who started out to the far side of Brian, is all the way over on the other side of Keith, with Brian as far from the rest of the Stones as possible. I'm sure most people have dealt with someone in their lives who is just pointlessly rebellious and wants attention, whether its positive or negative. I'm sure a group of twenty-something rock stars in the 1960s didn't have a clue, or the patience, to deal with the likes of Brian. God rest his soul.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1805
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home