Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Diary of a studio owner - Long View Farm 1981
Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 4, 2010 11:33

Gil Markle had the Stones at his Long View Farm studios for the rehearsals back in 1981. He put his diary on the net some time ago, and it is pretty interesting. See this sample, and the rest linked up from here:

[www.studiowner.com]

Bjornulf

Re: Diary of a studio owner - Long View Farm 1981
Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: August 4, 2010 12:26

Love this article, specially the part when this guy realises, by Stu's presence, that the Stones were coming his way for real.

I remember giving a print to my son (he was like 14yo then)to make him understand what the Stones are all about, he did.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: August 4, 2010 17:08

BV's link is to an article about Mick and has links to many additional articles about musicians and band's that worked at Longview during his tenure there. What I didn't see was an easy way to get to the essays he wrote about the entire process behind the Stones using Longview for their 81 tour prep. That link follows...

[www.studiowner.com] takes you to the first page with MANY links down the left side of the page to articles about the entire process.

Good, informative reading. Also some links to audio files. When I first listened to them I had to get a password from the site owner. A nice guy from my limited contact with him.

Also reccomend reading the story about Stevie Wonder's debut of "Songs In The Key Of Life" [www.studiowner.com]

Actually, most of what I've read at the site is interesting and insiteful.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: August 5, 2010 01:00

related info...posted a few days earlier

[garyrocks.wordpress.com]

[www.iorr.org]

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-05 01:01 by sweet neo con.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home