Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Looking for Good Stones Art
Posted by: oldbarbarian78 ()
Date: August 3, 2010 17:37

Hello all:

Its been a while since I posted, but I think this is a great site. My wife and I just bought our fist house and I have, at least until the kids come, a mancave for my drumset and toys. I was scouring the internet for good Stones posters and I wasn't really finding all that much. I looked at Allposters,.com, Amazon, etc. One pic that I was looking for in particular is a still shot of the band huddled together during the JJF promo video all in makeup. I think the shot is totally badass (Motley Crue couldn't hold a candle) and would like to have it framed. However, I can't seem to find it. I'd really appreciate it if anyone knows where to find this or any other cool Stones pictures worth framing. Nothing too flashy or common such as covers of magazines, album covers or well known promo shots.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Looking for Good Stones Art
Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: August 3, 2010 21:57

I think that the Stones marketing is a bit weak in the area of graphics and posters...its a lot easier to find more interesting Beatles or Hendrix images to hang on the walls than Stones' stuff...I wish that weren't the case.

I was in Target this weekend thinking about buying the Stones' set of drinking glasses that they have...but the Beatles set looks cooler. The Stones' set is just the tongue logo in different colors, but the Beatles set has a different album cover on each one (and 2 of them are my favorite Beatles albums, Revolver and Rubber Soul). So even though I'm a bigger Stones fan, I will probably buy the Beatles set first and the Stones set later.

I also recently got a large framed Yellow Submarine 3-D print. It's supercool, I sure wish I could find a Stones print this cool.

Also, I've got these things that are printed on wood with built in frames, one has got 12 Beatles album covers on it, the other has 12 Hendrix album covers on it...I wish the Stones would put one out too, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

The Stones need to step it up in their graphics marketing, IMO..

Date: August 3, 2010 22:20

Keefan,

Thanks for the response. I agree about the Stones' products. I've seen some great shots of the band that I would love to get framed, but none of them seem to be anything official. I thought it was incredibly lame when one of the fan club's "gifts" was a poster with the Bigger Bang logo on it. Who would frame that when you could get a classic b&w photo of the band in their heyday?

Oh well, the search continues....

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: August 3, 2010 22:23

if you want to go serious..

[sebastian-kruger-news.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: August 3, 2010 22:33

^^^^ I've got Kruger's book of Stones art and love it! Great stuff. I wasn't aware of his blog, thanks for the tip.

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: August 4, 2010 03:18

Buy art by Ronnie Wood. He makes great pictures of the band and everybody in it.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: August 4, 2010 04:03

Hope imagekind.com will help a taste of your housewarming.

Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: August 4, 2010 09:15

If the Stones could do an affordable poster/photo print series of images from the all three guitar era phases of their career, I would definitely jump in on getting them. If they make them so that only filty rich people can afford them, then they are going to miss on a surprising (in my estimation) amount of sales. As far as photo images go, I love everything from the beginning of their career up to and including when Ronnie and Keith went out on the road for the New Barbarians Tour back in 1979. Why they can't do something along these lines is beyond me. Plus, I would hope that if and when they would do prints from the Taylor Era that they actually include Taylor in the photos. They've got to be fair to everybody in their representations in the shots themselves.
I just wish they could actually work on getting everything all worked out on licensing end between photographers and making it so that regular people could buy great images without going broke doing so. I mean, is anything in the $10.00-$25.00 range impossible or are they really that money hungry that they would only want to charge $100.00 or more for photo images of the band that people would die to own?
From back in the early '80s, I have 3 fantastic well-done posters of Jim Marshall shots of Jimi Hendrix at Monterey, Janis Joplin and a very special one of Grace Slick and Janis Joplin sitting down together in San Francisco that I bought for very cheap prices when they first came out at the University of Oregon Book Store. Why can't the Stones do something like this? They might even do a thing with online retailers like AllPosters and get this stuff out there. Instead, I've been finding what few photos of the Taylor Era for a lot more money that could have gone into the pockets of Mick & Keith had they had the foresight to to get involved with this side of their marketing.

Date: August 4, 2010 17:39

Thanks, Toru A, there are some interesting choices there. I would still love to locate the group shot from the JJF promo video. (The evil makeup one.)

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: August 4, 2010 18:44

Try to find original-tourposters beginning with "Byrd 69" or all tour posters you saw the show.

You can try to find all "Litho`s (1994) limited edition, plate signed, numbered by hand" and frame.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-04 18:46 by satisfaction2.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1263
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home