Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie Wood's old £13m home for sale - fantastic photos of a Rolling Stone's mansion!
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 29, 2010 12:16

Story from today's Daily Mail. Some great shots of a Rolling Stone's (former) home. I love the kitchen/diner area - very handy after one of those famous Rolling Stones all night sessions.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-29 15:18 by Silver Dagger.

Re: Ronnie Wood's old home for sale - yours for £13 million!
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 29, 2010 12:30

I know Kate Moss is a friend of the family,but having a picture of her as Myra Hindley in the bedroom is a bit weird !!!.Very nice place but decoratively probably not to everyones taste. smoking smiley

Re: Ronnie Wood's old £13m home for sale - fantastic photos!
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 29, 2010 12:34

Silver Dagger
Story from today's Daily Mail. Some great shots of a Rolling Stone's (former) home. I love the kitchen/diner area - very handy after one of those famous Rolling Stones all night sessions.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Sod the house, but just look at that garden. 2 whole groovy funky glorious acres in SW London. I would kill for that .... !! Instead, like most of us, I have the pocket handkerchief size patch out back.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: July 29, 2010 12:58

paulywaul
Silver Dagger

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Sod the house, but just look at that garden. 2 whole groovy funky glorious acres in SW London. I would kill for that .... !! Instead, like most of us, I have the pocket handkerchief size patch out back.

At least you're not far away pauly. It's a great area you live in. I used to trek up to The Stag in the late 70s in the hope of seeing Ronnie when he still lived at The Wick.

In the mid-70s I worked in a record shop off George Street, Richmond, and this little bloke, who was a bit out of it, wandered in asking if I had an obscure 'African' album with Stevie Winwood on, called Aiye-Keta by Third World.
I was a bit rude to him and he wandered off. The manager then told that it was 'only' Ian Mclagan that I had insulted. I felt like a complete prat.

Date: July 29, 2010 13:13

I was bought up in Kingston and remember in the mid 70's going to a pub on the hill going out of town towards Kingston.Somewhere near the area where they have the antique shops and the British Legion poppy factory down below.Called ''The Imperial'',myself and a girlfriend at the time went in there not realising it was a gay pub.Not many around in those days.Toilets were marked up as Kings and Queens. Great place with great atmosphere and terrific music.Long since gone now unfortunately.Also used to go to Cheeky Petes about that time at The Castle down by the river.Great times !! smileys with beer

Date: July 29, 2010 13:17

Hey, Crawdaddy, you might have been one of my customers. It was Harlequin Records I worked for. They got taken over by Our Price, also now long gone.

Date: July 29, 2010 13:26

I was a BT engineer at the time sometimes working in Richmond .Awful for parking the van in the centre.Is George Street the main drag with the station and the old Bull and Bush pub opposite?? Used to go in the record shops there sometimes in my lunch break or before driving back to Kingston.You probably did sell me an LP or two back then. >grinning smiley<

Date: July 29, 2010 13:30

Silver Dagger
paulywaul
Silver Dagger

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

At least you're not far away pauly. It's a great area you live in. I used to trek up to The Stag in the late 70s in the hope of seeing Ronnie when he still lived at The Wick.

In the mid-70s I worked in a record shop off George Street, Richmond, and this little bloke, who was a bit out of it, wandered in asking if I had an obscure 'African' album with Stevie Winwood on, called Aiye-Keta by Third World.
I was a bit rude to him and he wandered off. The manager then told that it was 'only' Ian Mclagan that I had insulted. I felt like a complete prat.

I wouldn't call it a particularly great area really, nothing special. It's just SW London suburbs, but I suppose it does have the benefit of there being a bit more green area around than elsewhere in the vicinity (the park & Wimbledon Common etc), plus the fact that the Thames is very scenic in this part of the world. The thing I do miss about Richmond, now that I live just across the park in Kingston, is (a) the "fast" SW train into Waterloo, the one that gets you there in 17 minutes because it only stops at Clapham Jct & Vauxhall, and (b) the fact that Richmond is on the tube, the District Line. Other than that,
nothing. Sure don't miss those insane Richmond house prices, they're nuts.

Great Ian Maclagan story ... !!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 29, 2010 13:36

Ahhhhh - Our price, Richmond...if i had a pound coin for every hour i spent in there, when i was younger....

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 29, 2010 13:52

would buy it only if some tapes were forgotten in the basement...

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: July 29, 2010 14:20

Some house, now if I had the choice between being an alcoholic/going out with silly young girls or getting clean/staying married and keeping that house, welllllllll, not a hard decision. I know it ain't as easy as that, but the swimming pool in itself is a pretty strong inducement.

You never quite know with those bloomin' property agent photos as they invariably use wide-angle lens that make every room seem 3 times the size it is, but in this case, you know the lens does not lie.

Congrats all, look like our Stones spending over the years could be making Jo rather rich or richer if this sells for £13 million.

The irony of Richmond is it is on a flight path and every two minutes it's jet engine central. If I had money this ain't where I'd choose to live.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 29, 2010 14:56

Wow - that place is amazing!!

Date: July 29, 2010 15:09

<<< The irony of Richmond is it is on a flight path and every two minutes it's jet engine central >>>

TWO minutes ? Try about one and a half ... especially where I lived at postcode TW10 6PN, top end of Mount Ararat road up on the hill. Those bloody planes were a conversation stopper.

I seem to recall reading in the local press that Jerry Hall was a regular campaigner against the various Heathrow expansion plans that the government have been kicking around for years. Not surprised. You're rich, you're fanmous, you've got an umpteen million pound gaff up on the hill ... but even you too couldn't hear yourself think every 90 seconds during the day !!

Date: July 29, 2010 15:14

Adrian-L
Ahhhhh - Our price, Richmond...if i had a pound coin for every hour i spent in there, when i was younger....

Me too Adrian, I'd guess 30-40 percent of my CD collection was acquired there.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 29, 2010 15:23

Cool place. I can easily picture myself living there sad smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 29, 2010 15:33

paulywaul
Silver Dagger

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

In fairness, pauly - its a very nice pocket handkerchief size patch. Especially on the afternoon of a Stones gig taking place up the road and with a few beers for company. smileys with beer

Date: July 29, 2010 15:34

paulywaul
Adrian-L

Me too Adrian, I'd guess 30-40 percent of my CD collection was acquired there.

Do you and Ade remember One Stop Records which was in The Square? A tiny little shop which was owned by Harlequin before the bigger Harlequin was built in George Street in summer 75?
I had the job of clearing out the basement of One Stop before the change over and it transpired that it had been owned by Island Records in the 60s.
You're gonna hate me for this but in the basement were loads of boxes of old singles...on the original Island label. After spending the best part of a day schlepping the singles up the stairs - which were being sent back to Island to melt down - I lost it a bit and started smashing them in frisbee style against the wall so I wouldn't have to do anymore work. The singles were...gulp....all the early 45s by Bob Marley and The Wailers which sold didley squat in the UK. Now worth a small fortune.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-29 16:21 by Silver Dagger.

Date: July 29, 2010 15:45

Gazza
paulywaul
Silver Dagger

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

In fairness, pauly - its a very nice pocket handkerchief size patch. Especially on the afternoon of a Stones gig taking place up the road and with a few beers for company. smileys with beer

Re: the Stones gig Gazza, you just reminded me of the horrible trek down to Twickenham. Train to Richmond and then that bloody bus ride to the stadium and the nightmare journey back.

Re: Ronnie Wood's old £13m home for sale - fantastic photos of a Rolling Stone's mansion!
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 29, 2010 15:48

I like the lounge living room & the pool but it shows horrible taste for the bedroom.....who would have beastskin in his bedroom nowdays ?grinning smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Re: Ronnie Wood's old £13m home for sale - fantastic photos of a Rolling Stone's mansion!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 29, 2010 16:00

SwayStones
I like the lounge living room & the pool but it shows horrible taste for the bedroom.....who would have beastskin in his bedroom nowdays ?grinning smiley

tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 29, 2010 16:00

SwayStones
I like the lounge living room & the pool but it shows horrible taste for the bedroom.....who would have beastskin in his bedroom nowdays ?

Right you are,Sway...strange ensemble anyway with Kate on the wall.
At least an accoustic in the corner for some unplugged sessions...

Great thread and funny stories,Silver Dagger !

Date: July 29, 2010 16:03

Amsterdamned
SwayStones

tongue sticking out smiley

OK,OK,I didn't look well at it ....it' even worse,these things aren't carpets but armchairs !!!!:-)

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: July 29, 2010 16:08

Money NEVER bought aesthetic appreciation and taste, you have it or you don't. However, rich people do have the option to hire someone that does, but clearly the Woods preferred to do it their way, i,e. the style melting pot approach!

I can't imagine those armchairs are real tiger skin, have to be imitation.

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: July 29, 2010 16:12

SonicDreamer
Money NEVER bought aesthetic appreciation and taste, you have it or you don't. However, rich people do have the option to hire someone that does, but clearly the Woods preferred to do it their way, i,e. the style melting pot approach!

Cheers,
SonicD

They are imitation I guess,which is even "worse" ...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 29, 2010 16:21

SwayStones
SonicDreamer

Cheers,
SonicD

Split personality,Miss SwayStones? cool smiley

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 29, 2010 16:24

I think it all looks really great - especially the bright coloured couches in the living room and those baths!

Date: July 29, 2010 16:29

Amsterdamned
SwayStones
SonicDreamer

Cheers,
SonicD

Split personality,Miss SwayStones? cool smiley

Nah , I already spend too much time on IORR with one username !
But I wouldn't mind seeing a pic from you sitting on your tiger skin carpet ....

Date: July 29, 2010 17:34

Gazza
paulywaul
Silver Dagger

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Well yes, that was a particularly agreeable afternoon, I'll admit. And here we all are wondering when - if ever - we'll have reason to make the trek down to nearby Twickers again to see 'em one more time. At least I'm wondering, if no-one else is ! So ... this 2011/2012 rumour that's been flying around. What think we ? True, false, maybe, not a chance, definitely .... w w w w w what ???

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 29, 2010 18:23

True.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home