Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Biased listening
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 27, 2010 00:11

While doing some work I was listening to some aud tape on the Ipod, and I was really enjoying this mediocre tape from some '75 or '76 show. Fantastic guitar sound, great playing by Wood and Richards, Jagger on fire, Ollie Brown doing some nice percussion, Watts still on top of his game, fast paced, frantic, energetic, angry. Dangerous.

When I looked up the origin of the tape it read "Cardiff 1990".

And I have dismissed this tour ever since '91....

Mathijs

Re: Biased listening
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 27, 2010 08:25

Coming around? winking smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 27, 2010 08:46

Mathijs
While doing some work I was listening to some aud tape on the Ipod, and I was really enjoying this mediocre tape from some '75 or '76 show. Fantastic guitar sound, great playing by Wood and Richards, Jagger on fire, Ollie Brown doing some nice percussion, Watts still on top of his game, fast paced, frantic, energetic, angry. Dangerous.

And I have dismissed this tour ever since '91....

Mathijs

'75 was the most schizophrenic tour ever. Some great shows, and some horrible ones. I think a lot depended on Keith's, um, "state of mind" from night to night.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 27, 2010 09:12

Mathijs

what song was it? IORR?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 27, 2010 11:13

>> When I looked up the origin of the tape it read "Cardiff 1990" <<

hail hail Rolling Stones :E

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 27, 2010 11:21

How the hell did that happen...I hate -89,90...you must have been drunk out of your mind, haha...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 27, 2010 11:57

Bjorn
How the hell did that happen...I hate -89,90...you must have been drunk out of your mind, haha...

It's a matter of peception or the mood someone is in.
I can listen to a track really enjoying it.
Three days later the same track again...mwah...

Date: July 28, 2010 02:14

ryanpow
Mathijs

what song was it? IORR?

seriously, id be interested to know what song from the SW/UJ tour that could be mistaken for 75... I doubt it would be honkey tonk women or YCAGWYW, Midnight Rambler Perhaps?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 28, 2010 02:18

ryanpow
ryanpow
Mathijs

what song was it? IORR?

seriously, id be interested to know what song from the SW/UJ tour that could be mistaken for 75... I doubt it would be honkey tonk women or YCAGWYW, Midnight Rambler Perhaps?

i'm guessing it was rock and a hard place.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-28 02:19 by StonesTod.

Date: July 28, 2010 02:21

Can't Be Seen?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 28, 2010 02:21

ryanpow
Can't Be Seen?

shouldn't be heard woulda been a better title....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 28, 2010 02:52

ryanpow
ryanpow
Mathijs

what song was it? IORR?

Me too.....can't think of ANY song that wasn't totally different in 1989/1990 - compared to 1975/1976

But if Cardiff 1990 is a recording that mysteriously is missing the choir and the (most) of the keyboards....as well as being a dreadful recording.....maybe IORR or Midnight Rambler COULD be mistaken - for a couple of seconds ?

Date: July 28, 2010 04:07

StonesTod
ryanpow
Can't Be Seen?

shouldn't be heard woulda been a better title....
I actually quite enjoy that little diddy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home