Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Chris Jagger in New Brunswick, Canada
Posted by: gostonesforever ()
Date: July 27, 2010 01:03

Mick's little brother playing several gigs in Atlantic Canada next month. Would appreciate any opinion as to whether this is a worthwhile show? Or perhaps he just flies on Mick's coat-tails??? Thanks.

Dave

Re: OT Chris Jagger in New Brunswick, Canada
Posted by: Fingers ()
Date: July 27, 2010 09:05

Very good blues....nice bloke as well.

Go, see and enjoy.

Happy to be here....Happy to be anywhere.....

[www.myspace.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 27, 2010 11:02

Saw him once in Paradiso Amsterdam, a couple of years ago. I liked the show. Great music and lots of humor.

Edit: He has a nice website too [www.chrisjaggeronline.com]

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-27 11:06 by Rolling Hansie.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 27, 2010 11:06

gostonesforever
Mick's little brother playing several gigs in Atlantic Canada next month. Would appreciate any opinion as to whether this is a worthwhile show? Or perhaps he just flies on Mick's coat-tails??? Thanks.

Dave

Good show, if you like cajun you might be lucky and get some of that too, it's his thang !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 27, 2010 12:53

He puts on a very entertaining and enjoyable cajun-flavoured show.

You will enjoy it.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: July 27, 2010 16:07

GO SEE HIM

I just dug up this old posting of mine:

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 3, 2005 13:00

I caught Cris Jagger in the early/mid 90s after Rock the Zydeco came out. It was a small club in the village (The Bottom Line). Before the show he was hanging out in the club, so i said Hi to him, got his autograph, told him i liked the new album and asked if he was going to play any stuff from his first album (circa 1972, one of the songs A Handful of Dust had Mick backing him up).. he said No and when I asked why he said becasue he couldnt remember any of them!

he put on a great show, supporting a great album (pick it up if you can find it) Th only thing i felt bad about was that i think i was the only one in the audience who had heard the album. The other few who showed up all had Stones albums and either wanted to hear Stones songs or hoped to meet Mick.

Which leads to the second part of the story. Right before showtime Mick walks in with Jerry Hall, Jann Wenner and Wenner's new boyfriend (he had just left his wife and kids for this guy!) they sit about 10 feet from me. Though I was enjoying the show, i felt i needed to take the chance to meet Mick, so i walked over to him, told him i was a big fan and tried to shake his hand, he first pulled back while Leroy, his large body guard moved forward, but when he realized i meant no harm he thanked me and shook my hand. i wish i had gotten his autograph as well, but i didnt want to incur leroy's wrath!!

The audience tried to coax Mick on stage a couple of times as he sang back up on two of the songs, and Chris even motioned towards him, but he didnt go for it.

All in all a great night meeting both Jagger boys.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 27, 2010 20:48

Well worth going to.

Just found what I said when we saw them in Twickenham a while ago:

A great band and a fun evening: I've just been doing some internet research on Charlie Hart, CJ's fiddle/accordion/keyboard/and sometimes bass player: wide-ranging doesn't begin to describe his musical career - how many people do you know who have been part of both Ian Dury's band and Ronnie Lane's Slim Chance, as well as playing Cajun and African music?

[www.charliehart.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-27 22:33 by Green Lady.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1407
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home