Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones - Nostalgia
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 25, 2010 08:01

Ive been a Stones fan from the late 60s the Flower Power era..right through the 70s + 80s + 90s Ive always bought all their music and stuff..and other Bands music as well but it wasnt until shortly after I had gone to my first Stones concert in 1995 Voodoo Lounge that I started getting all nostalgic about them and probably not so interested in other Bands as much.Theres probably not a week goes by that I dont go into some sort of day dream if ya could call it that..I would be miles away in my own wee world thinking about them..and the less I hear of them or see them the more nostalgic I get.

Re: The Rolling Stones - Nostalgia
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 25, 2010 08:12

wait for how you feel after the final tour.

Date: July 25, 2010 08:59

treaclefingers
treaclefingers..You and this final tour thing..Ive just finished replying to one of your other posts about my thoughts on that..

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 25, 2010 12:14

colonial
Ive been a Stones fan from the late 60s the Flower Power era..right through the 70s + 80s + 90s Ive always bought all their music and stuff..and other Bands music as well but it wasnt until shortly after I had gone to my first Stones concert in 1995 Voodoo Lounge that I started getting all nostalgic about them and probably not so interested in other Bands as much.Theres probably not a week goes by that I dont go into some sort of day dream if ya could call it that..I would be miles away in my own wee world thinking about them..and the less I hear of them or see them the more nostalgic I get.

Why are you not interested in other bands that much? Nothing wrong with nostalgia , a great feeling, just don't drown in it. Ive been a Stonesfan from the mid 6-tees until now, I just don't like the Wood era that much..Still can enjoy listening to those old recordings,dvd's and quarilling about them etc. Despite the fact that their last tour for me was in 1973 ( I walked away in '75 after 4 songs) I still miss that band , but I got over it.(not really winking smiley ) Meanwhile I discovered so many other good bands , musicians,composers,songs ..
I starts in the Stone Age so to speak.You got the sun, you got the moon and you've got music.

Don't get fooled by Keith.smoking smiley

Date: July 25, 2010 13:00

Amsterdamned
colonial

Why are you not interested in other bands that much? Nothing wrong with nostalgia , a great feeling, just don't drown in it. Ive been a Stonesfan from the mid 6-tees until now, I just don't like the Wood era that much..Still can enjoy listening to those old recordings,dvd's and quarilling about them etc. Despite the fact that their last tour for me was in 1973 ( I walked away in '75 after 4 songs) I still miss that band , but I got over it.(not really winking smiley ) Meanwhile I discovered so many other good bands , musicians,composers,songs ..
I starts in the Stone Age so to speak.You got the sun, you got the moon and you've got music.

Don't get fooled by Keith.smoking smiley
Amsterdamned..Im into other bands for sure its just that when I havent put a CD or DVD on for a while its usually The Stones get played first then the others just today I was listening to Nickelback.Nostalgia yea its good vibes alright..cheers mate..smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 25, 2010 13:08

colonial
Theres probably not a week goes by that I dont go into some sort of day dream if ya could call it that..I would be miles away in my own wee world thinking about them..and the less I hear of them or see them the more nostalgic I get.

Well said, I recognize that. And it's a good feeling.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 25, 2010 16:45

colonial
treaclefingers
treaclefingers..You and this final tour thing..Ive just finished replying to one of your other posts about my thoughts on that..

hmmm...I guess I was just waxing nostalgic!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 25, 2010 17:22

I've always considered nostalgia to be that the present sucks because one has made bad choices so they go back to the past.

However, that does not mean that liking something from the past is nostalgic. I'm not ever trying to "relive" my youth.

Date: July 25, 2010 17:29

Mick has always said the Stones were not the Beach Boys, pure nostalgia. He's been wrong about that now since the Licks tour, which was genius in the sense that they covered so much of their catalogue, but with the Bang tour they really went backwards.

You yearn for the feelings of that time then it's obvious you're not happy. It's probably funny to talk about it and remember it but it's not good to dwell on it. It's one thing to make money on it - because people will pay to hear old songs (Stones, McCartney, AC/DC, The Who, etc) and not bother with anything new so much (unless you're AC/DC). Mick can't even live by his own complaining like he does in his songs. He's a slave to the money and he knows that doing songs from the 1960s is the only reason most of the people show up, not something new.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 25, 2010 18:01

skipstone
He's a slave to the money and he knows that doing songs from the 1960s is the only reason most of the people show up, not something new.

Count in they cannot play the Taylor era songs,and the nostalgia is complete.

Date: July 25, 2010 18:03

So anything post the two Bleed tracks with Taylor + HTW...

Date: July 25, 2010 22:16

Nostalgia sells your only got to check the prices some of these shops that sell memorabilia or people that trade in the stuff most of the time its just a replica and sold at rip-off prices by sellers with the credibility of not much more than a secord hand car dealer.If its genuine and theres proof of that and the prices wanted by reputable dealers..well fair enough.

Date: July 26, 2010 05:11

Fair enough? If it's new and it's good, or just good enough later, then what?

It is what it is. Playing old songs - nostalgia. Playing new songs and playing them - moving forward.

The Rolling Stones - not so moving forward (but maybe just a tiny bit here and there)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1596
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home