Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

today july 9th,14th 3 years ago, the summer, the sun and the .....
Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: July 9, 2010 21:16

rolling stones.

great memories back to a great summer vacation in budva,montenegro and belgrade,serbia.

we need another tour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/img]
[/img]

[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]

...see you somewhere again...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-13 20:57 by austrianstones.

Re: today july 9th 3 years ago, the summer, the sun and the .....
Posted by: Milan ()
Date: July 13, 2010 16:06

Cool photos. Post them more please (some from Belgrade as well.

3 years ago, eh? Time flies. We have terrible heats here in Serbia at the moment, just like then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-13 16:07 by Milan.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 13, 2010 16:17

Nice pics !
Will we ever be able to see the band again ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: July 13, 2010 17:29

Great seeing those pics. It must have been a great experience! Love to see more of these! Those are the experiences that matter and make this board so much fun! Is that your family!? Really beautiful kids and wife!

Re: today july 9th,14th 3 years ago, the summer, the sun and the .....
Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: July 13, 2010 21:06

and some pics from belgrade,

[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
my boy was tired
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
and back in budva,
[/img]
[/img]

back to budva and a 14 hours drive by car back home straigt after landing,...
but a hot stones summer was going on...smiling smiley

Date: July 13, 2010 21:35

Heh heh, "Politika"...

Date: July 14, 2010 16:13

So my only Stones gig was in Belgrade, 14. VII 2007. That's also the only time they played here (in 2003. the concert was cancelled coz our prime minister was killed, and in 2006. was cancelled coz Keith had that accident). I was still a student and wasn't working at that time and getting the 'fan pit' ticket - Keith's side, of course! - turned out to be almost a real problem, with me finally borrowing money (50 euros I think) from a cousin. But it was well worth it, of course - amazing gig, no flaws (except perhaps the messed-up intro to Brown Sugar), with one interesting moment for me personally.

I had a good spot, came early, didn't go to the front rows as it was 4 PM and the sun was merciless, so I've happily positioned myself some 15 - 20 meters from the stage and spent the whole concert leaning on that rail on the 'catwalk'. Meaning I was in 'front row' during the mobile mini-stage. So I had a great view of Mick during "Miss you", but the really nice moment happened when they were returning to the main stage, during HTW; Keith was finishing his solo, and I've noticed he kept looking at the 'front row', and - here comes THAT phrase now - he looked straight at me (great eyes!); it might sound as "yeah, sure he did", but he was 3 meters above me, 2 girls standing from both of my sides were both filming (it wasn't crowded at all), both like 160 cm tall, and there was me left in a middle, 188 cm (over 6 feet), with both my hands raised up, so it was almost like I was there alone (it wasn't too hard to spot one person waving at him in the sea of digital cameras anyway); I didn't want to hysterically shout or jump, so I've tried to act 'cool', just raised my hands and two thumbs up in the air and nodded my head, like "you da man, Keith", and he smiled at me, left his guitar neck and thumped his chest in approval with his left hand. Yeah! "My buddy Keith!", thought I, and after the concert I was so impressed that I've just said to my Slovenian rail neighbours "ok, see ya next time!" (that girl who was filming was with her boyfriend and we spent few hours on that rail chatting before the gig), and me being an idiot, forgot to ask for her email, because she was right beside me and had almost the same view.

But on the way back to my hometown of Novi Sad (90 minutes bus ride from Belgrade) I thought "nah, nevermind; so many cameras around me; it's bound to turn up on Youtube, right?"

Yeah, right! Nothing whatsoever for 3 years except two pathetic clips filmed miles away.

But after 3 years of searching - and even posting a thread about it here few months ago - I was finally reminded of that moment couple of weeks ago; the person who filmed it was standing couple of meters behind me, it's a bit blurry with the bad sound, but it's finally... there.

It's at 0:12 sec:

All's well that ends well, eh? Sorry for the rant, but it's super hot here at the moment and boring. Cheers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home