Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Quandary! Faces reunion V Heavy Metal
Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: June 25, 2010 14:39

Man, i'm doin my nut here.

tis festival time, no doubt about that. for me it's the best part of the summer.

Now I like to head out to the festivals and get my rocks off. Unfortunately, unlike most years 2 festivals have come along at the same time and I really can't decide which one to plump for.

On one hand we have the Faces reunion (kind of) which I'm really tempted to go to, even though Hucknall is signing for the band, I would love the chance to see them live, never had the chance, and although Rod the mod ain't there (but then again) he hasn't been Rod the mod for some time now has he! ha) But there is even talk of Keef joining in for a few songs. Seems like a good enough reason to head the van to Goodwood.

On the other hand there is the Bloodstock festival, held in Derby. It's the ten year anniversary, and i've been going since the first one at Derby assembly rooms. Lots of rock and metal bands, which really float my boat and loads of my chinas go every year. Pretty good line-up and I always have a good time.

All in all there are more bands playing Bloodstock that I'd want to see, but passing up the opportunity to see the faces is an opportunity I'm loath to resist.

So which one to do? I know that I am opening myself up to a completely subjective group here, and if I did the same on the Bloodstock website then the response would be obvious.

Decisions decisions manconfused smiley

[www.bloodstock.uk.com] V [www.vintageatgoodwood.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-25 14:40 by Monkeytonkman.

Re: Quandary! Faces reunion V Heavy Metal
Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 25, 2010 15:52

Not much thought necessary here: see the Faces, even with Hucknall.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: June 25, 2010 16:09

Faces. I wish I could go see them!

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: June 25, 2010 17:28

Faces all the way!!

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Date: June 25, 2010 21:37

bloodstock only appears to have a few bands worth seeing. too many bands that sound the same. opeth, twisted sister, fear factory, doro, edguy and gwar are cool.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 25, 2010 22:28

Bloodstock looks like a blast.
Devin Townsend would be great to see. Tons of bands, better people watching I am sure...

Basically, it comes down to our boy Ronnie in the title match vs. Dee Snider.
Choose wisely...

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: June 26, 2010 19:52

@#$%& reacts to the news that The Faces reunion gig will take place without Rod Stewart:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home