Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

PMS Radio Mix
Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: June 11, 2010 20:05

Anybody know how the Radio Mix differs from LP Mix? They are both the same length.

Re: PMS Radio Mix
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: June 11, 2010 23:31

One is in the key of A, the other in Z-

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 12, 2010 00:44

well they are both similar in that i can not get all the way thru the second verse without changing the station, or the cd; on a good note; i am playing the hell out of ry cooders 1970 effort Boomer's Story

....and uh, wow.... woweee. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that mightve never happened had this exiles
(add ons of new mick voke )
release not made me hungry for something with roots and balls....once again Thank You Rolling Stones!!

this one is actually so sonically intense that is literally uncomftorable for me to listen to the high endy digital histrionic ridiculous of the vocal caricature.
imo.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: June 12, 2010 01:26

Don't hold back Beely. Just let it out. Don't hold it in. I feel your pain.

Date: June 12, 2010 01:37

Wow! Thanks for you help!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 12, 2010 21:11

sorry b. well that's a good question. traditionally are they still giving 'radio singles' a serperate mastering job just for airplay?? dont know. and can't do the research on ths one for above stated reasons. back to your question some one here will know!!!!

dUDE write 'Mathijs' here; He really deep into sonics and technical/equipment aspects of what they do...he'd know. he can listen to a track and pretty much seperate what each individual is doing and even on what instrument and amplifier!!!
amazing cat; u can reach him here.... that's my suggestion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-12 21:55 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: June 12, 2010 22:05

the location of the acoustic guitar is different in the mixes on the deluxe version it's in one speaker while the radio version it's in both

Plundered My Soul
Posted by: Innunout ()
Date: June 20, 2010 01:54

Can anybody tell me what is the difference between the "Exile" version of 'Plundered My Soul' and the radio mix found on the promo CD?

Re: Plundered My Soul
Posted by: richardread ()
Date: June 21, 2010 16:22

I cannot tell the difference either.....anybody?!!!!

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: June 21, 2010 16:24

Has the original unaltered portion of this song ever been out on bootleg and if so, what title was it called?

Date: June 21, 2010 18:57

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 21, 2010 19:11

the original single version (that came out on i-Tunes) has much more of Mick Talyor's lead playing - there are Mick T riffs right from the beginning of the song, whereas on the album version Mick T's riff's don;t come in until after the first chorus. Mick T is also louder on the single version. Also, on the single version, Mick J's harmonies come in from the second line ("I won no medals in this loving game"

Date: June 21, 2010 22:37

john lomax
the original single version (that came out on i-Tunes) has much more of Mick Talyor's lead playing - there are Mick T riffs right from the beginning of the song, whereas on the album version Mick T's riff's don;t come in until after the first chorus. Mick T is also louder on the single version. Also, on the single version, Mick J's harmonies come in from the second line ("I won no medals in this loving game"

So there are at least 3 mixes? Album, iTunes single, and promo CD Radio Mix? How about the vinyl 7" singles - is that the same as one of the above or a 4th different mix?

Date: June 21, 2010 23:57

Many thanks but that doesn't answer the question.The promo CD single had the album version of 'Plundered My Soul' on one side and a 'radio mix' on the other.
The durations are the same but I cannot tell if there is any difference.
Cheers
innunout

Date: June 22, 2010 01:57

Innunout
Many thanks but that doesn't answer the question.The promo CD single had the album version of 'Plundered My Soul' on one side and a 'radio mix' on the other.
The durations are the same but I cannot tell if there is any difference.
Cheers
innunout

See this thread: [www.iorr.org]

Specifically, listen at 0:45 in to the song. The Radio Mix has (I am assuming) MT overdubs, the LP version does not, or at least, they are very low. Both versions are on the videos posted in the above thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-22 01:58 by blakeeik.

Date: June 23, 2010 04:20

Many thanks for your help....0'45" is clear.The lead guitar at that point is overdubbed on the radio mix but either missing or way back in the mix on the "Exile" re-issue CD2.

Date: June 23, 2010 04:32

Thanks everybody.I now hear the difference at 0'45"...the radio mix has lead overdub whereas the "Exile" CD2 version does not(unless it's there but way back in the mix).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1172
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home