Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Exile question
Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: June 14, 2010 00:54

Which of the new tracks has been over dubbed og fixed in any way? And what has been done? Is anyone of them exactly as they where when The Stones left them in the vault? Anyone who can help fill the rest out for me?

1. "Pass the Wine (Sophia Loren) -

2. "Plundered My Soul - new lyrics by Mick, new vocals by Mick, new guitar work by Mick T., new backing vocals by Lisa and Cindy....

3. "I'm Not Signifying -

4. "Following the River - new lyrics by Mick, new vocals by Mick, new backing vocals by Mick...

5. "Dancing in the Light -

6. "So Divine (Aladdin Story) -

7. "Loving Cup" (Alternate take) -

8. "Soul Survivor" (Alternate take) -

9. "Good Time Women -

10. "Title 5 -

Re: Exile question
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: June 14, 2010 01:55

NedKelly
Which of the new tracks has been over dubbed og fixed in any way? And what has been done? Is anyone of them exactly as they where when The Stones left them in the vault? Anyone who can help fill the rest out for me?

1. "Pass the Wine (Sophia Loren) -

2. "Plundered My Soul - new lyrics by Mick, new vocals by Mick, new guitar work by Mick T., new backing vocals by Lisa and Cindy....

3. "I'm Not Signifying -

4. "Following the River - new lyrics by Mick, new vocals by Mick, new backing vocals by Mick...

5. "Dancing in the Light -

6. "So Divine (Aladdin Story) -

7. "Loving Cup" (Alternate take) -

8. "Soul Survivor" (Alternate take) -

9. "Good Time Women -

10. "Title 5 -

I don't know much, but somewhere I think I heard Mick say he only added harmonica to "I'm Not Signifying". "Dancing In The Light" is definitely new vocal by Mick and the song is longer than the '72 outtake that's been ciculated for years.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: June 14, 2010 09:13

I'm Not Signifying -- I was under the impression the paino part was new since my boots of exile have the song played in a blues shuffle on guitar by Keith.

I think the boot version is far superior

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: June 14, 2010 18:05

Lynd8
"Dancing In The Light" is definitely new vocal by Mick and the song is longer than the '72 outtake that's been ciculated for years.

a completely different take from the bootversion

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: June 15, 2010 01:30

Yes, I guess it is! I really hadn't compared them close enough before.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 15, 2010 01:51

The boot version of Ain't Lyin' is a whole different take. From what I know Mick added harmonica to it and that's it.

The rest of 'em....

1. Pass The Wine (Sophia Loren) - New vocals

2. Plundered My Soul - New vocals, new Mick T guitar, new backing vocals by Lisa and Cindy

3. I'm Not Signifying - New harmonica

4. Following The River - New vocals

5. Dancing In The Light - New vocals; old vocals at beginning and end? Possibly new guitar by Keith? The bendy guitar that's mixed insanely high seems new for some reason. It probably isn't.

6. So Divine (Aladdin Story) - Or it's this one with old and new vocals. New vocals regardless. And new guitar by Keith.

7. Loving Cup (Alternate take) - Nothing. It's been noted that it's possibly an edit of two different takes.

8. Soul Survivor (Alternate take) - Nothing.

9. Good Time Women - Nothing.

10. Title 5 - Nothing.

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: June 20, 2010 17:39

skipstone
The boot version of Ain't Lyin' is a whole different take. From what I know Mick added harmonica to it and that's it.

The rest of 'em....

1. Pass The Wine (Sophia Loren) - New vocals

2. Plundered My Soul - New vocals, new Mick T guitar, new backing vocals by Lisa and Cindy

3. I'm Not Signifying - New harmonica

4. Following The River - New vocals

5. Dancing In The Light - New vocals; old vocals at beginning and end? Possibly new guitar by Keith? The bendy guitar that's mixed insanely high seems new for some reason. It probably isn't.

6. So Divine (Aladdin Story) - Or it's this one with old and new vocals. New vocals regardless. And new guitar by Keith.

7. Loving Cup (Alternate take) - Nothing. It's been noted that it's possibly an edit of two different takes.

8. Soul Survivor (Alternate take) - Nothing.

9. Good Time Women - Nothing.

10. Title 5 - Nothing.

Thanx. Although it's nice to have these outtakes, I'd rather see them making new records than fixing old outtakes which are leftovers from previous albums. If they have more in the vaults, I hope they don't fix them. Just release them as they are.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1569
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home