Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Roger Waters THE WALL TOUR - Europe
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 29, 2010 20:30

Forwarded to me from a friend....

Fans in Europe, your wait is over: Roger Waters announced today that he will bring The Wall Live to Europe for a 28-date tour in the Spring of 2011.
Kicking off in Lisbon on March 27, the tour will cross the continent before wrapping up in Dusseldorf on June 18. The complete list of confirmed dates can be seen below.

As with the North American tour, RogerWaters.com will offer fans the chance to get premium tickets to the tour with our members-only presales, starting very soon.
Members can log in to their accounts now to indicate interest in up to five cities on the upcoming tour.

Roger Waters The Wall Live — European Dates Announced

Mar 21, 2011 -Lisbon, PT Atlantico Pavilion
Mar 25, 2011 -Madrid, ES ESPalacio de Deportes Palacio
Mar 29, 2011 -Barcelona, ES Palau Sant Jordi
Apr 01, 2011 -Milan, IT Mediolanumforum
Apr 02, 2011 -Milan, IT Mediolanumforum
Apr 08, 2011 -Arnhem, NL Gelredome
Apr 12, 2011 -Budapest, HU Sports Arena Sports Arena
Apr 15, 2011 -Prague, CZ O2 Arena
Apr 18, 2011 -Lodz, PL Atlas Arena
Apr 23, 2011 -Moscow, RU Olympiski
Apr 25, 2011 -St. Petersburg, RU SKK Arena
Apr 27, 2011 -Helsinki, FI Hartwall Arena
Apr 30, 2011 -Oslo, NO Telenor
May 04, 2011 -Stockholm, SE Ericsson Globe
May 07, 2011 -Copenhagen, DK Parken
May 11, 2011 -London, UK O2 Arena
May 12, 2011 -London, UK O2 Arena
May 17, 2011 -London, UK O2 Arena
May 20, 2011 -Manchester, UK Manchester Evening News Arena
May 21, 2011 -Manchester, UK Manchester Evening News Arena
May 23, 2011 -Dublin, IE O2 Arena
May 27, 2011 -Antwerp, BE Sportspaleis
May 30, 2011 -Paris, FR Bercy
Jun 03, 2011 -Mannheim, DE SAP Arena
Jun 06, 2011 -Zurich, CH Hallenstadion
Jun 10, 2011 -Hamburg, DE Colorline Arena
Jun 15, 2011 -Berlin, DE O2 Arena
Jun 18, 2011 Dusseldorf, DE Esprit Arena

Re: OT: Roger Waters THE WALL TOUR - Europe
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 29, 2010 20:38

I love that "your wait is over" announcement - for a tour that's a full year away...

Date: May 29, 2010 20:50

Lol...and I thought that those of us in N.America had a long wait when the tour was announced here in April! The first show isn't until Sept. 15th in Toronto!
But that now seems like the blink of an eye compared to the European leg ... the first show isn't until next May 21st in Portugal !eye popping smiley

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: May 29, 2010 22:59

There are rumours about Vienna, Zagreb and Belgarde shows to be added in June

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 29, 2010 23:47

Don't bother with the Rogerwater.com presale. At least in North America there were no fewer than 5 oportunities to buy tickets on-line before the general on-sale.

The great floor seats are being sold in VIP type packages, ticketmaster auctions and premium seating tabs on the ticketmaster site.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 30, 2010 00:09

FYI, I found the Rog presale lottery to be totally useless for the US gigs. I didn't get picked for any of my 5 cities I entered into for the Rog presales (not a big deal), then got miraculously 'chosen' for 2 a few days later while I was already nabbing tickets from the public sale. Evidently, all of the other people picked ahead of me for those days also passed on them. You only get offered 2 of the highest priced seats to the gig, there's no choice which tickets you get (you can only accept or decline the one pair they offer you), the tickets are non-transferrable if you can't make it at the last minute, and you're way up front for one of the few shows where that actually might be a disadvantage.

Remember, there's a 200-250 foot wall with newly designed projections/animation on it and you'd be craning your neck up/left/right to see half of it down in front. You'd only get the front-of-house speakers and not hear any of the other awesome 3 speaker setups that surround the audience in quad. The staging, new inflatables and puppets should be visible from every seat in the house; same for the wall animations, except for the side view seats. I'd suggest going for center-facing-stage seats near the back to get the full sonic/visual feel of this show. And I'll duly report back my experiences from the shows I'll see (PGH, DC, maybe Philly#2), but not before the European shows go on sale. Good luck!

Date: May 30, 2010 01:02

I agree with both of the above posts for the most part. Avoid the official RW.com presales...they are pretty much useless. I wasn't chosen either for the first 5 city's I picked, so I went ahead with American Express presale, and ended up with great floor seats, half way back (by choice), for Anaheim. Then came the general sale a few days later and I ended up with 1/3 of the way back 10 rows up on the side for L.A. Staples. In the meantime, RW.com re-selected me, but by then it was too late...I already had great seats! Then within two or three weeks there was a ticket drop (probably VIP seats that didn't sell), and I picked up great seats for both of the 2nd shows that were added for Anaheim and L.A. As someone who saw two of the original WALL shows in 1980 at the L.A. Sports Arena, I can vouch for the statement that you don't want to be too close...visually and auditory-wise, it just wouldn't be as good.

Posted by: tumbling phil ()
Date: May 30, 2010 01:16

I shall be going thats for sure

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: May 30, 2010 01:23

This is one show where the spectacle may be better appreciated from the cheaper seats, as least in arenas. Any view of the band will be partially or completely obstructed behind the wall (actually, an assembly of cardboard boxes) for most of the show, with the wall serving as a projection screen. With this in mind, I got cheap seats for DC, straight back in the upper deck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-30 01:49 by baxlap.

Date: May 30, 2010 01:42

I heard Roger is replacing Comfortably Numb for You Got Me Rocking!

Date: May 30, 2010 01:44

Lol...and Ronnie will stand atop the wall for a mesmerizing solo.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 30, 2010 03:38

I did not get picked for the lottery either...and probably a good thing since they would not disclose the ticket location until a later date. Makes you wonder if anyone got picked in the lottery or Live Nation finding a way of judging ticket interest ?

Date: May 30, 2010 04:13

I do know of several 'friends of friends' who were picked and went ahead with buying the mystery tickets. Needless to say they regret it, because they won't know for months where there actually seating assignment is. I was told the actual process gave them several blocks (or locations in the arena) to choose from, of only the highest priced tickets, and all were up close and down on the floor I believe. Additionally, they could only be bought in pairs.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 30, 2010 04:52

winter

Remember, there's a 200-250 foot wall with newly designed projections/animation on it and you'd be craning your neck up/left/right to see half of it down in front.

How can this be? It's a tour of ice hockey arenas. The hockey ice, which is where they put the floor seats for a concert, is only 85 feet wide. The only way a 200 foot long wall could fit in an indoor arena would be if it was erected across the LENGTH of the arena, which would cut the seating capacity in HALF, turning the arena into a large theatre.

Date: May 30, 2010 05:40

It's not just a rectangular structure, and it doesn't end where the seats are...it actually is built up along the side seats...
So basically 1/4 of the entire arena (at one end) is "behind' the wall.

(see below)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-30 07:42 by Hairball.

Date: May 30, 2010 05:51

Courtesy stufish.com, Mark Fisher

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: May 30, 2010 12:15

I was selected for three of the UK shows through [www.roger-waters.com] pre-sales, available from 31 May at 10:00.

The two London shows have tickets available in Floor Blocks A1 an A2, two of three front stage blocks. If they won't tell you which row and seat number you get when you purchase, I will hold off for the two other vendor pre-sales I know about:

1. O2

from Wednesday 02 June at 09:00, but they don't normally release the best seats at these.

[www.o2blueroom.co.uk]

2. Live Nation

from Wednesday, 03 June at 09:00; the LN pre-sales tend to have better seats than the O2, even though they go on sale later.

[www.livenation.co.uk]

Will ponder on whether to get tickets further back for both shows or whether to get close to the front for one. Definitely best to be further back for the full visual and audio effect of the production.

Cheers,
SonicD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-30 12:38 by SonicDreamer.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 30, 2010 12:24

I was in row 16 in the middle for his Earl's Court show and it was perfect. Any nearer and you would have lost the perspective.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: May 30, 2010 12:42

Silver Dagger
I was in row 16 in the middle for his Earl's Court show and it was perfect. Any nearer and you would have lost the perspective.

Yeah I was at the front of the second set of Floor blocks at EC for DSOTM, which was fabulous, but similarly I was in the front 5 rows on the Floor at the O2 Arena the following year and that was equally good in a different way.

But havin' a great f*ckin' Wall going up in front of ya could be a proposition that does not make for good viewing, other than seeing the bands expressions' change as it gets higher and higher, lol.

SonicD

Date: May 30, 2010 12:49

SonicDreamer

But havin' a great f*ckin' Wall going up in front of ya could be a proposition that does not make for good viewing, other than seeing the bands expressions' change as it gets higher and higher, lol.

SonicD

We've probably all been to gigs at some time or another where this would have been an improvement!!

But joking apart, seeing The Wall performed at Earls Court back in 1980? I think, was sublime and I am sure this tour will be equally so.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: June 2, 2010 13:11

Anyone got tickets for the European shows?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 2, 2010 19:06

So, in short, you're suppesed to now hand your cash to Roger even before he opens his wallet to fund pre-prodcution and rehearsals? Clever!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-02 19:07 by dcba.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: June 2, 2010 19:56

tatters
winter

Remember, there's a 200-250 foot wall with newly designed projections/animation on it and you'd be craning your neck up/left/right to see half of it down in front.

How can this be? It's a tour of ice hockey arenas. The hockey ice, which is where they put the floor seats for a concert, is only 85 feet wide. The only way a 200 foot long wall could fit in an indoor arena would be if it was erected across the LENGTH of the arena, which would cut the seating capacity in HALF, turning the arena into a large theatre.

Düsseldorf is a soccer arena for ca. 50.000 people. In europe most arenas are soccer arenas! They are much bigger than ice hockey arenas.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 2, 2010 21:38

I actually can't believe more acts don't put their tickets on sale so far ahead of time. He's playing Vancouver in December and tickets went on sale a couple months ago I believe. Probably sold around $2 million in sales so that amount invested for 9 months multiplied by the number of shows he's doing and the amount of interest accrued will be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: June 2, 2010 22:34

It`s not Pink Floyd, if that`s what you think.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 3, 2010 02:34

satisfaction2
tatters
winter

Düsseldorf is a soccer arena for ca. 50.000 people. In europe most arenas are soccer arenas! They are much bigger than ice hockey arenas.

That's not an arena. That's a stadium.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: June 3, 2010 07:28

Think I'd rather see David Gilmour in concert.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: June 4, 2010 11:14

Düsseldorf Prices at RogerWaters.com
Sale started this morning!

For example:
Innenraum Floor Blocks A4-A5 Row 1-7 = 238 €
Innenraum Floor Blocks A4-A5 Row 14-20 = 116 €
----------------------------------------
Bought tickets Floor Blocks A4-A5 Row 14-20. I think this a good places.
Exact places I get mailed in ca. 6 weeks.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-09 00:48 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: June 4, 2010 11:35

In the best of worlds you want both Waters and Gilmour performing together (and Mason of course). But that seems to be an impossibility.

Is there anybody who knows who are in band?
Does the guitar player trying to play like David Gilmour?
Does Roger sings his parts from the album and another singer Gilmour's parts?
And, in that case, does the singer sounds pretty much like Gilmour?

Many questions. Is there anybody out there with the answers?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 4, 2010 11:49

Thommie
Is there anybody who knows who are in band?

Dave Kilminster, Snowy White and G. E. Smith (guitars)
Jon Carin and Harry Waters (keyboards)
Graham Broad (drums)
Robbie Wyckoff, Jon Joyce, Michael Lennon, Mark Lennon and Kipp Lennon (backing vocals)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1492
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home