Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Album Hold-up
Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: June 9, 2010 03:24

This is from a classic rock radio station's blog. Don't know the origin of the article. (Sorry if this has already been posted.)

[www.q107.com]

Keith Richards Says Jagger Is Holding Up New Stones Album

Keith Richards is itching to start work on a new Rolling Stones album, but it seems that not all of his bandmembers are quite so motivated. In a recent interview with the Daily Express, Richards claimed that Mick Jagger has been holding up the new album. "I'm trying to find out when it will happen myself," he said. "I sent a note to Charlie Watts saying, 'Should I put an ad in a music magazine - guitar player for hire?' I've got to do something."

He added, "It doesn't matter which band, you have got to have the frontman wanting to do it. You can't shove the lead singer into it. I learned that many years ago. I usually wait for Mick to call me. When he does, it's because he's got an itch and wants to go to work."

The Stones are currently riding a wave of success from the re-release of their 1972 classic, Exile on Main St. Their last new studio release was 2005's A Bigger Bang.

Re: New Album Hold-up
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 9, 2010 03:57

old article and keef's full of hooey....

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: June 9, 2010 04:13

He says some strange things.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 9, 2010 05:08

Geeeeeeeeeeezzzzz ... thought it was gunna be about some dudes stealin' the masters at gun-point ....

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1467
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home