Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

no love for ronnie?
Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: June 3, 2010 19:03

sorry if this was posted already, i didn't see it in the birthday threads, but i noticed charlie watts had a happy birthday message on the official rolling stones site but ronnie didn't. interesting. the drama continues!

Re: no love for ronnie?
Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: June 3, 2010 19:04

there were TWO for Ronnie)))

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: June 3, 2010 19:09

kater-v
there were TWO for Ronnie)))

Not on the Official Rolling Stones website [www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 3, 2010 19:12

i think those birthday threads are kinda silly anyway! because those who the greetings are ment for, never read them...;-)

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: June 3, 2010 19:15

yeah they are silly. it's kinda like standing on a random street corner and yelling out "HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLIE".

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 3, 2010 19:20

bernardanderson
yeah they are silly. it's kinda like standing on a random street corner and yelling out "HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLIE".

You're right Bernie, they are ridiculous indeed. But you've noticed something that seems to tell something. But what?

Btw: Charlie has incredibly good ears, so you never know ...

Date: June 3, 2010 19:26

There are no threads yet on the official website, are there ?

And actually it's not that unlikely that Charlie/Ronnie or someone in their camp takes note of the official Happy Birthday message on rs.com.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 3, 2010 19:42

Ronnie and Charlie's birthdays are one day apart?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-03 19:43 by 71Tele.

Date: June 3, 2010 19:53

Yes, indeed. Never noticed before ?

Date: June 3, 2010 19:54

Lightnin'
Yes, indeed. Never noticed before ?

Sorry, I don't pay much attention to such things.

Date: June 3, 2010 20:42

No problem. I always thought it is kind of remarkable, especially in addition to Keith and Bobby Keys sharing their exact birthday.
Despite any astrological predispositions Charlie and Ronnie might have in common, they seem to be miles apart personality wise, don't they ?

Date: June 3, 2010 20:48

Lightnin'
No problem. I always thought it is kind of remarkable, especially in addition to Keith and Bobby Keys sharing their exact birthday.
Despite any astrological predispositions Charlie and Ronnie might have in common, they seem to be miles apart personality wise, don't they ?

Agreed. I knew about Keith and Bobby Keys. Now those guys were two peas in a pod.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 4, 2010 09:57

bernardanderson
sorry if this was posted already, i didn't see it in the birthday threads, but i noticed charlie watts had a happy birthday message on the official rolling stones site but ronnie didn't. interesting. the drama continues!

Happy birthday to Ron, but I never considered him as a true Rolling Stone.
Happy birthday to Charlie,I consider him as a true Rolling Stone.
Happy birthday to anyone.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 4, 2010 10:27

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 4, 2010 10:33

No, no love left...

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: June 4, 2010 11:42

guitarbastard
i think those birthday threads are kinda silly anyway! because those who the greetings are ment for, never read them...;-)

I think you would be surprised...

Although I agree it is unlikely that an individual would stumble across a particular thread about them themselves it only takes a few degrees, or even just one degree of separation to end up in the right persons inbox.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 4, 2010 14:36

Lightnin'

well, there's 6 years between them which might account for that. Then again, Charlie's pretty much unlike ANY rock star I've ever heard of (how many rock stars have been married for 46 years let alone without so much as a rumour about any hanky-panky)

Charlie and Bob Dylan were born just 8 days apart though, which might be worthy of comment, considering how private they both are. Likewise, Brian Wilson's lifelong obsession with Paul McCartney seems even more significant when you realise that he was born just two days after him.

All four of 'em Geminis, oddly enough.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: June 4, 2010 15:05

bernardanderson

Yes I've noticed it to - nothing on RS.com as if he is no longer a member of the band!

Date: June 4, 2010 19:08

Bitches Brew
bernardanderson

Yes I've noticed it to - nothing on RS.com as if he is no longer a member of the band!

I think all this fretting and reading of tea leaves about Ronnie still being in the band is silly.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 4, 2010 19:42

with sssoul
[www.iorr.org]

i believe bernardanderson is referring to the fact that there's no post on the official site about ronnie's bday while there's one for charlie

it is odd to me either

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1263
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home