Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones - Off The Record
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: June 4, 2010 10:47

"A companion volume to The Beatles: Off the Record, this book rediscovers the Rolling Stones history as it was being made, in print and on mike. Here in their own words, are the unguarded comments and scandalous opinions that would often later be denied, as the Stones and their entourage matured from young rebels into established rockers. Here is a verbal documentary laced with the authentic flavor of the rebellious Rolling Stones in their heyday, the craziness that surrounded Mick and Keith and their disintegrating compatriot Brian Jones, the Stone who died from overexposure to everything the Sixties could offer."

Is it worth the read? Anyone have this or have read it?

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: Rolling Stones - Off The Record
Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: June 4, 2010 11:47

Marhsall
"A companion volume to The Beatles: Off the Record, this book rediscovers the Rolling Stones history as it was being made, in print and on mike. Here in their own words, are the unguarded comments and scandalous opinions that would often later be denied, as the Stones and their entourage matured from young rebels into established rockers. Here is a verbal documentary laced with the authentic flavor of the rebellious Rolling Stones in their heyday, the craziness that surrounded Mick and Keith and their disintegrating compatriot Brian Jones, the Stone who died from overexposure to everything the Sixties could offer."

Is it worth the read? Anyone have this or have read it?

I got it a few years ago, but I found it quite boring, actually.
There's hardly anything really surprising, and browsing through it one soon
realises that all the best quotes and sources among these snippets
have already been printed (or released in some form).

So it's a bit of a letdown, really, not as exiting as the title suggests.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-04 11:56 by Greenblues.

Posted by: Sacke ()
Date: June 4, 2010 13:43

I enjoyed it very much! Bought it for 8 euro's, I think.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: June 4, 2010 14:54

It's a compilation of press articles and interviews.
Interesting for arkivists.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 4, 2010 14:55

It ought to be called ON the Record because it's all stuff that they said in printed or broadcast interviews - and we all know how banal and boring interviews can get.... I bought this and I read it, but it's not one that I go back to very much.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home