Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I wonder if Keith ever dances
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 24, 2010 16:57

No idea why that popped in my head. Well actually I guess I do, I heard Shattered on the radio this morning and could picture how Keith would probably move when he's playing that song - and it got me thinking about how he moves his body pretty good when he's into the music - like that scene in Gimme Shelter when he's listening to Brown Sugar, or the way he moves playing Let It Rock at the Marquee (think that's it). So then I thought - I wonder if he's a good dancer. I certainly can't picture him dancing, but I think in the early 60's people danced a bit, and he would have been the age to, so I thought maybe. He seems more like a watcher though. The only thing I can picture is him slow dancing with Patti at their wedding, although I'm not sure if they did.

So whatcha think? Keith - does he dance?

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Re: I wonder if Keith ever dances
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: May 24, 2010 17:02

Saw him dancing to a reggae tune once. That wasn't bad at all!

Date: May 24, 2010 17:04

Addicted

Was it on youtube???

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 24, 2010 17:09

Some people are just too cool for dancing and I reckon Keith is one of those. Having said that I can imagine him skanking along to some cool reggae with his mates, a big spliff in his mouth and a nice glass of rum while at his Jamaican retreat.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 24, 2010 17:10

He's walking around riffin' his guitar...the real rock'n'roll dance yeah..

Date: May 24, 2010 17:16

Silver Dagger
Some people are just too cool for dancing and I reckon Keith is one of those. Having said that I can imagine him skanking along to some cool reggae with his mates, a big spliff in his mouth and a nice glass of rum while at his Jamaican retreat.

I dunno - I think if someone's TRULY cool, then you do whatever you want and it makes it cool.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 24, 2010 17:27

every time on stage with the stones he dances.

Date: May 24, 2010 17:46

CindyC
Addicted

Was it on youtube???

No, it was even better! It was in the Camp X-Ray.

Date: May 24, 2010 17:49

Addicted

No, it was even better! It was in the Camp X-Ray.

AW MAN - YOU LUCKY S.O.B.!!!!

Date: May 24, 2010 17:55

I guess I'm a lucky D.O.B (Daughter...) Did some work for them now and then, and suddenly I was aproached by a person from "Keith camp" - "Keith would like to meet you", and I could think of no reason why I should deny him the pleasure! Ha ha.
He often invites different people to the Camp X-ray, and it's called "The Camp X-Ray treatment". I know a couple of other people on the board who have also been invited to the Keith back stage quarters... Can't tell you their names, it's got to be their own choice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-24 20:43 by Addicted.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 24, 2010 18:19

yep Keith dances!

>> I certainly can't picture him dancing <<

i know what you mean, but you can't picture him not moving to good music either, can you :E

Date: May 24, 2010 18:21

Addicted
"Keith would like to meet you", and I could think of no reason why I should deny him the pleasure! Ha ha.
He often invites different people to the Camp X-ray, and it's called "The Camp X-Ray reatment". I know a couple of other people on the board who have also been invited to the Keith back stage quarters... Can't tell you their names, it's got to be their own choice.

I never knew you were a she - funny - I have pictures in my head of who people are, sort of what they look like, so this is a surprise.

Well, I am extremely envious, but happy for you - it must have been quite and honor and experience - definitely one for the grandkids!

I know at least one of the other lucky board members, but won't out them either.

Date: May 24, 2010 18:24

with sssoul
yep Keith dances!

>> I certainly can't picture him dancing <<

i know what you mean, but you can't picture him not moving to good music either, can you :E

i can definitely see him moving and enjoy that image immensely! But can you imagine him dancing with a girl though - on the dance floor? To borrow a couple of words from the Arctic Monkeys... well I bet that Keith looks good on the dance floor, don't know if he's looking for romance or, don't know what he's looking for.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 24, 2010 19:00

There was a video on rollingstones.com during the Licks tour of the Stones rehearsing "Going To A Go-Go" and Keith was getting down--literally. He was dancing up a storm...kneeling..swinging the arms...swaying his body. Lisa and Bernard were seen on the video having a good a laugh about it. Not sure if that's the way Keith really dances or if he was putting on a show for the cameras.

Date: May 24, 2010 19:06

>> can you imagine him dancing with a girl though - on the dance floor? <<

oh honey - you bet! so can you: good and close, and a seriously right tempo
... see what i mean :E

Date: May 24, 2010 19:21

with sssoul
>> can you imagine him dancing with a girl though - on the dance floor? <<

oh honey - you bet! so can you: good and close, and a seriously right tempo
... see what i mean :E

And hopefully it would be like dancing with both Keith and "woody" at the same time if you catch my drift.winking smiley Dirty girl.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 24, 2010 20:16

I would have thought that Keith dances like Elaine:

Date: May 24, 2010 20:33

Cindy - he's a very romantic man, and I believe I saw a clip of him dancing with Patricia at their wedding. After serenading her, on his knees! Singing "The Nearness of You". Can it get any better than that? A lot of guys could have something to learn from him. It's remarkable that he's on good terms with his ex'es, and that they are on good terms with eachother. I don't know many other men who can put that achievement on their CV! Don't think I know anyone else with such harmony around them when it comes to present and past. Karma?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-24 20:45 by Addicted.

Date: May 24, 2010 20:36

Addicted
Cindy - he's a very romantic man, and I believe I saw a clip of him dancing with Patricia at their wedding. After serenading her, on his knees! Singing "The Nearness of You". Can it get any better than that? A lot of guys could have something to learn from him. It's remarkable that he's on good terms with his ex'es, and that they are on good terms with eachother. I don't know many other men who can put that achievement on their CV! Don't think I know anyone else with such harmony around them whan it comes to present and past. Karma?

I thought I saw a photo of them slow dancing as well - I was thinking it was in that issue of People magazine, but I checked and it wasn't there (that article is her on IORR) - so I thought I was imagining it.

Very sweet - I remember him serenading her - they seemed very happy. In the clip when they're doing their "I do's" I always thought she seemed a bit tipsy - perhaps it was just happiness tho...

Date: May 24, 2010 20:42

I remember the TV news had the wedding at the cliff in Cabo San Luca as one of the top stories. I thought she looked very moved, on the verge of crying, and covered it up well with a laugh and some girlish gestures. Tipsy? Wasn't everyone? Except perhaps Marlon...

Date: May 24, 2010 20:52

She did seem like she was going to cry - it was very sweet. Am I remembering this correctly... didn't her father pass away shortly before they married, and her brother walked her down the aisle. That would have made me very sad - I know that I was thinking about my mom during my wedding a lot - and even though I was happy, there was a touch of sadness there as well.

Date: May 24, 2010 21:10

Yes, Mr. Hansen (a Norwegian, like me), passed away - and they postponed the wedding a bit, and then got married on Keith's 40th birthday. I don't remember who walked her to the outdoor "altar". It might very well have been her brother, who's a minister now. Remember the gospel album Keith and Blondie did? That was for his congregation. I have a copy.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: May 24, 2010 22:31

And what about Charlie?

Can't remember what tour but he's been filmed a-moving leg-wise (and I don't mean walking) just before the band's due to go on.

Re: Charlie
Date: May 24, 2010 22:37

Charlie's been doing that warm-up routine for quite a while
he talked about it on an rs.com video from the Licks tour but it wasn't new then
it's probably on youtube somewhere

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 24, 2010 23:07

yup...

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: May 24, 2010 23:58

Charlie's good! thanks for posting ;^)

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 25, 2010 00:21

"According to the Rolling Stones" got on p. 314 this wonderful picture
with Keith dancing with Angela at her marriage ( if I´m not wrong in 1998 ).

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 25, 2010 20:41

Natlanta
yup...

Charlie gettin his groove on
and Keith diggin it
love it love it love it

its great to see this and know its part of their pre gig routine

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 25, 2010 23:10

Addicted
Yes, Mr. Hansen (a Norwegian, like me), passed away - and they postponed the wedding a bit, and then got married on Keith's 40th birthday. I don't remember who walked her to the outdoor "altar". It might very well have been her brother, who's a minister now. Remember the gospel album Keith and Blondie did? That was for his congregation. I have a copy.

This is the first that I am hearing of this gospel album.....Can you provide anymore details please?
thanks!
VL

Date: May 25, 2010 23:38

Certainly!
[johncodyonline.com]

[www.iorr.org]

[www.iorr.org]

And those clips of Charlie above - they're from Wanchai in Hong Kong in November 2003, at the Grand Hyatt in the harbour. That's where MArilou and I met Bill Clinton - great to see! Thanks for posting it! thumbs up

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1532
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home