Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Exile and magic......
Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: May 26, 2010 10:41

Listened to disc 2 of the new Exile non stop in the last couple of days and came to the following conclusion that it could easily have been the best Stones cd in the last decade (maybe the best since Tattoo You) if:

IT WAS RELEASED SEPARATE FROM EXILE!

Absolutely love the cd but it hasn't the Exile 1972 magic. They, especially Jagger, trying too hard to get 4 decades back which is absolutely impossible.

Marketing wise very clever to attach it with Exile, but its just the Stones anno 2010 with 1972 influences. They should have released this as a separate cd just like Tattoo You in 1981 (which were new outtakes aswell) and the whole world would have been amazed that the Stones could still do it....Now it probably will be end up a little bit underestimated cause its attached to the great and mighty Exile....

Let there be no misunderstanding, think it’s a great cd and this is always what we wanted: more 1972, outtakes, bonus tracks etc but IF really something has to be added to the Exile masterpiece, add some real outtakes with guitars and voices from 1972 without touching them, we all know there’s still plenty out there...

Hendrik Mulder

Re: Exile and magic......
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 26, 2010 10:47

I think it's OK to release it this way as just a Bonus-disc cause that's what it is...but I want everything that exists to be released immediately...

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: May 26, 2010 11:31

You can't always get what you want...

Come On
I think it's OK to release it this way as just a Bonus-disc cause that's what it is...but I want everything that exists to be released immediately...

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 26, 2010 11:45

Hendrik, I'll agree. Untouched outtakes would be my preference. And that could have been done. For me that's far more interesting.
But (like you) I still enjoy it for what it is, some is good ,and some not so good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1541
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home