Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT- Joe Walsh Barnstorm
Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: May 25, 2010 03:19

Does anyone else here adore this album?I am baffled as to how this record isn't considered to be one of the greatest masterpieces of its era, at least by knowledgeable critics. I gotta admit that I have discovered it only recently and it has grown to become on of my faves in the course of the last couple of months. It's a crying shame that Joe is mostly known as a member of The Eagles considering how much more talent he possess than all the other members combined.

Re: OT- Joe Walsh Barnstorm
Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: May 25, 2010 07:43

It's a masterpiece, one of my favorites, and has been neglected in the US for the entire CD era. I have the Japanese mini-album version from a few years ago and sold off that ancient MoFI CD from the 80's. I'm hoping that American Fidelity will take a crack at it as they recently did a great version of Smoker.

Date: May 25, 2010 09:49

most of joe's work is good stuff

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 25, 2010 10:06

Love the album though not as much as So What which I consider his peak. AS friend told me there was a superior CD version that he bough which apparently sounded amazing. The Smoke Your Drink is also excellent. Saw him on the same bill as The Eagles, The Beach Boys, and Elton John at Wembley in 75. He came back and played with The Eagles, the group he was soon to join.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 25, 2010 16:13

Joe backed up Rufus, the Eagles and Chaka Khan at Milwaukee County Stadium in 75, jammed with the Eagles and his solo career was soon on hold.

Saw him a few weeks ago and he is not only a major Eagles member, he may very well be their leader, if Don Henley's ego would allow such a thing - but musically, his playing and solo songs were received better than other members solo stuff.

I love the songs Meadows and Turn to Stone.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 25, 2010 16:56

It must be my age, but in the same way I consider Ronnie to be a Face more than a Stone-even after 35 years!--I think of Joe more as a member of the James Gang than I do as part of the Eagles...

a great pre-Eagles Joe solo track:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-25 16:58 by loog droog.

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: May 25, 2010 17:28

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 25, 2010 17:36

first James Gang album (Yer') is a classic...been revisting that one a bit of late.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 25, 2010 19:25

loog droog
It must be my age, but in the same way I consider Ronnie to be a Face more than a Stone-even after 35 years!--I think of Joe more as a member of the James Gang than I do as part of the Eagles...

a great pre-Eagles Joe solo track:

I love So What. Welcome to the Club is a great tune.

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: May 25, 2010 20:34

he's the man! in my top3 guitarplayers. (the others being richards and taylor)
i got a dvd of "you can't argue with a sick mind" and it is absolutely mindblowing. great to see now what i've been listening to for decades

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1526
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home