Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

live pics in Exile book: show locations
Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: May 21, 2010 04:10

A fellow STP photo collector (thanks, D) and I have been comparing notes on the venues represented in the Exile super deluxe book concert pics starting on page 32. Some of these Ethan Russell shots are previously unseen.

Here's our first draft consensus:

32 (Jagger with hat): Vancouver
33 (stagewide band): Nashville
34 (MJ/KR): out on a limb guess for rarely seen Tuscaloosa!!!
36 (MJ/KR backstage): LA 1st show
37 (KR/BW backstage): Vancouver
38 (MJ/BW from audience): Houston 2nd show
40 (CW backstage): Fort Worth 2nd show
41 (MJ): Fort Worth 1st show
42 (KR with Coors and JD): LA 2nd show
43 (MJ backstage): Vancouver
44 (MT): San Diego or Chicago 1st or Houston 2nd or Nashville
45 (MJ leaping): Houston 1st show
46 (MJ/KR/CW): Nashville
47 (MJ/KR): Nashville

Your identification help is welcome.

Harold

Re: live pics in Exile book: show locations
Date: May 21, 2010 04:52

@

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-21 05:17 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: May 21, 2010 04:57

Yes I love the great new shots. I would have used your site to identify the shots anyway Harold, so I take your word for the locations. The last shot of them doing "Midnight Rambler" is tough. Keith's pose is great. It surprises me that Jagger is still so "dressed" for Rambler.

So did Keith never wear that incredibly cool striped suit on stage? When you say that Keith wore striped pants and a striped shirt in Vancouver, is that the trousers from the suit?

Date: May 21, 2010 05:11

Palace Revolution 2000
So did Keith never wear that incredibly cool striped suit on stage? When you say that Keith wore striped pants and a striped shirt in Vancouver, is that the trousers from the suit?

Keith did wear those same cool black-and-white striped pants seen on page 37 on stage in Vancouver. I don't remember a shot where he was on stage with the matching jacket, too. He might have taken it off before getting on stage, or shortly therafter.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 21, 2010 11:20

Nice to get the correct for the photos, Harold - thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-21 11:21 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: May 21, 2010 14:03

Somehow I had the pic on page 33 labeled as being from Kansas City. Any thoughts? You're the expert Harold.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: May 21, 2010 22:27

Great research, Harold. Are you still planning to update your STP pages?

I´m really looking forward to the "complete" 150min Stones In Exile. From what I´ve seen so far, it seems there are many previously unseen ´72 concert footage snippets in the movie.

Hopefully, the forthcoming Stones In Exile and L&G releases will also include previously unreleased Ft.Worth/Houston extra performances.

Date: May 22, 2010 14:53

Some of best instances in live 72 footage are when Jagger turns around and shakes his head at Charlie, just laughing at the moment.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: May 22, 2010 17:21

when does Stones in Exile come out?
And Harold - YOU FREAKING ROCK

Date: May 22, 2010 18:28

Britney
Somehow I had the pic on page 33 labeled as being from Kansas City. Any thoughts? You're the expert Harold.

Britney,

KC is similar wardrobe-wise to Nash, but the limited number of KC pics show Keith didn't wear the white choker necklace there. It does appear with KR on page 33. Also the audience-shot pics from Nash help match up band members perfectly with the ER page 33 shot.

Harold

Date: May 22, 2010 18:50

stoneslib
Britney

Britney,

KC is similar wardrobe-wise to Nash, but the limited number of KC pics show Keith didn't wear the white choker necklace there. It does appear with KR on page 33. Also the audience-shot pics from Nash help match up band members perfectly with the ER page 33 shot.

Harold
[/u]

Now that is some shrewd detective work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1476
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home