Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How is Keith ?
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 15, 2010 23:10

I had a dvd night last night

In order I played;

Keith and the Winos Boston 93

Saitama 2006

London O2 Last show

The loss of Keith as the band's powerhouse was very very depressing. I hope he has had some sort of recovery after his accident,but his comments about hardly picking up a guitar and his doodling on So Divine seem to point towards a continuing decline . I don't want to see them go out on the road if there has been no improvement since 2007.It would be a disaster IMHO.

I hope that I am proved wrong.

scuk

Re: How is Keith ?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 15, 2010 23:14

powerhouse is the right word but it was fuelled by tons of booze and powder. Obviously Keith is on a diet in this regard, and that's alrit with me.

I'd rather see a happy healthy 67 y.o. man than a wrecked legend trying to behave as if he was 27.

Posted by: mrrockandroll ()
Date: May 15, 2010 23:21

straycatuk
The loss of Keith as the band's powerhouse was very very depressing. I hope he has had some sort of recovery after his accident,but his comments about hardly picking up a guitar and his doodling on So Divine seem to point towards a continuing decline .
scuk

When/where did he say he hardly picks up a guitar anymore?

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 15, 2010 23:24

He looked mighty fine the past couple of nights on TV. Anyone counting this guy out is not a student of the man's amazing constitution. When the lights go on, he'll be ready.

Looks like Patti is having more of an influence on him, and possibly the thoughts of his own mortality and his place in the grand scheme of things has helped him realize that he needs to tweak what he's been doing a bit. It also helps to see many around him prospering from a healthy lifestyle, or at least a more healthier one, and I'm sure as he see's Ronnie crashing and burning he knows he doesn't want people talking like that about him, nor does he want to mess up his band by continuing to move in that direction.

This is one smart guy, very witty and quick. I'm sure we all know people like this who are quick on the tongue and well educated enough to make comments with substance. KR is well read, he follows current events, he's a historian, and he's certainly a guy who the mold was broken on when he was formed. I think he now sees its his legacy he needs to focus more on, while still having a good time and while keeping his band together. Nice to see Jimmy Fallon give the bys their due, and nice to see that KR was in a position to come on TV live and mix it up a bit.

Love seeing these guys and getting the same excitement I got as a 15 year old and I'm now 50.

Cant wait for the next bit of new music and a tour- lets hope they're observing the strength of this album was due to how it was created, and while they may not be at the same creative point in their lives, they can certainly do better from following this creative method versus showing up at a studio with a bunch of pre written songs.

John

John

Posted by: kittypoo ()
Date: May 15, 2010 23:25

When he was on the couch with Jimmy Fallon he played around with his fingers . I know it's rumored that he has bad arthritis but his fingers looked fairly nimble . When I saw him play the DODGER Stad. BigBang Show there was no evidence of him having any trouble whatsoever . And believe me I was close enough to see if there were !!!!

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: May 15, 2010 23:40

On Jimmy Fallon show he said "Since the last tour two years ago he has put the axe away and has alot of catchin up to do. It's a very rusty Keith Richards right now". Hope he's up to the task.

Posted by: kittypoo ()
Date: May 15, 2010 23:47

This is a spot-on observation .Well-thought of .It amazes me how much the world adores Keith . Love is all around

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 16, 2010 00:01

Keith IS Mr. Rock n Roll

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: May 16, 2010 03:05

chelskeith
He looked mighty fine the past couple of nights on TV. Anyone counting this guy out is not a student of the man's amazing constitution. When the lights go on, he'll be ready.

Looks like Patti is having more of an influence on him, and possibly the thoughts of his own mortality and his place in the grand scheme of things has helped him realize that he needs to tweak what he's been doing a bit. It also helps to see many around him prospering from a healthy lifestyle, or at least a more healthier one, and I'm sure as he see's Ronnie crashing and burning he knows he doesn't want people talking like that about him, nor does he want to mess up his band by continuing to move in that direction.

This is one smart guy, very witty and quick. I'm sure we all know people like this who are quick on the tongue and well educated enough to make comments with substance. KR is well read, he follows current events, he's a historian, and he's certainly a guy who the mold was broken on when he was formed. I think he now sees its his legacy he needs to focus more on, while still having a good time and while keeping his band together. Nice to see Jimmy Fallon give the bys their due, and nice to see that KR was in a position to come on TV live and mix it up a bit.

Love seeing these guys and getting the same excitement I got as a 15 year old and I'm now 50.

Cant wait for the next bit of new music and a tour- lets hope they're observing the strength of this album was due to how it was created, and while they may not be at the same creative point in their lives, they can certainly do better from following this creative method versus showing up at a studio with a bunch of pre written songs.

John

John

Your not including the state of his fingers in the equation though. I know another poster mentioned his hands seemed quite nimble when he was on Fallon, but I don't think traditional arthritis pain, and loss of mobility, were ever the whole issue. I think it's dealing with doing something as intricate as guitar playing with such large nodules on his fingers. I imagine the large knots he has make precise movements difficult, and not practicing and developing/adjusting his technique to deal with it surely doesn't help.

Plus, with all he's done over the years to himself, amazing constitution or not, and including his recent brain injury, however it happened, there may be damage that isn't visible on the outside. He may be all there to talk to and whatnot, but there could be damage to his motor skills that isn't outwardly apparent. Brain injuries can take a long time to recover from, and it's common for people to never come back from one 100% in some way.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: May 16, 2010 10:19

I just heard Ben Jones KR interview on Absolute Radio site, Keith said he practice any day,even if not as much as he should and that last year he broke his little finger (didn't know that).

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: May 16, 2010 10:49

The condition's not arthirits - it's heberden's nodes.
Remember: NOT ARTHRITIS!
[en.wikipedia.org]

Usually, it's painfull when the nodes occur, and before. Not after, so Keith's a lot better, and not in pain, these days.
Chelskeith - I LOVE your post!

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: May 16, 2010 12:51

dcba

I'd rather see a happy healthy 67 y.o. man than a wrecked legend trying to behave as if he was 27.

Nice point, dcba. You got me on board with ya.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 16, 2010 13:15

Addicted
[en.wikipedia.org]

Usually, it's painfull when the nodes occur, and before. Not after, so Keith's a lot better, and not in pain, these days.

Thanks for link. I had never even heard of the condition. Looking at that picture, those are Keith's fingers, alright.

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: May 16, 2010 13:17

Addicted
[en.wikipedia.org]

Did you not read the article you quoted?

"They are a sign of osteoarthritis and are caused by formation of osteophytes (calcific spurs) of the articular (joint) cartilage in response to repeated trauma at the joint."

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 16, 2010 13:53

After seeing Keith Richards on TV this week, I'll say he is in fine form. He looked healthy, happy and in a great mood. He was friendly with Mick which is a good sign. Whatever lifestyle he follows nowadays seems to work for him. Now is Keith Richards still musically inspired and eager to play? That I don't know.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: May 16, 2010 13:54

I'm afraid going on stage with Keith would be a disaster, he would screw the whole thing up, let's face it, Wood has been covering Keith's back since the 1990's on stage. Remember the interview with Jagger on Dutch TV recently? Jagger said that Keith did not do overdubs, his parts were allready recorded in 1972, but Taylor did do new additional guitar work. NOW, WOULD YOU REALLY THINK THAT IF KEITH COULD PLAY THEY WOULD INVITE TAYLOR????? No they wouldn't, they would have Keith play the solo pieces, but he don't! Alas, Taylor is in hospital and thus not well either, otherwise the way the Stones would rock the stage again but now with Wood on rhythm and Taylor on lead. Really Keith would only amberrish the Stones on stage, it is time for you all to wake up and see the reality. There is a great new Stones future possible (short it may be though) with Taylor and Wood together and WITHOUT Keith on guitar.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 16, 2010 16:25

eh ?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 16, 2010 17:20

"There is a great new Stones future possible (short it may be though) with Taylor and Wood together and WITHOUT Keith on guitar."

yeah that'll happen

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: May 16, 2010 17:21

behroez
let's face it, Wood has been covering Keith's back since the 1990's on stage.

Ronnie covered Keith a bit post-brain surgery, but that's pretty much it. Did you see any of the No Security shows? Ronnie was completely M.I.A. in '99, not to mention the Bridges tour as well.

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: May 16, 2010 18:38

NO Keith no Stones.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 16, 2010 18:46

drummer_dude
NO Keith no Stones.

You are correct, sir.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 16, 2010 18:50

Addicted
[en.wikipedia.org]

Hate to tell you this but I have that - and arthritis. As in, I have BOTH. One can have both. Not saying Keith does but he might.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: May 16, 2010 19:34

skipstone
Addicted
[en.wikipedia.org]

Hate to tell you this but I have that - and arthritis. As in, I have BOTH. One can have both. Not saying Keith does but he might.

Oh, very sorry to hear about your condition.
Then you also know that Heberden's nodes is often a result of repeated trauma to the fingers. Often carpenters, plumbers, musicians get this condition. One can also inherit genes that expose you to this condition.
Keith does not have arthritis, bur Heberden's nodes. That's painfull enough while it's developing. How do I know this? I've spoken with Keith on different occations. That's no secret.

Hope the arthritis and the nodes don't cause you a lot of pain. I know it can be awful.

Posted by: urbanjungle90 ()
Date: May 16, 2010 21:15

I certainly think that he looks healthier than a few years ago.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 17, 2010 19:11

Not to be terrible with Keith - look at his teets, are they artificial?
They are "very white" and look "perfect". That's not normal for his age even if you use whitening product, and if I remember well, his teets looked much worse some years ago....
And his hair - he has more hair than some time ago, any implants??

Posted by: rollinon ()
Date: May 17, 2010 20:07

I found the interview w/ Jimmy was honest, relaxed, and entertaining. Keith's sense of humor remains great. I do think he regrets not being able to strum the guitar like years ago.

Let It Bleed has "the cake" on the cover ~ but I don't fault a professional musician for not remembering his album covers. Mick, on the other hand, typically forgot which albums songs were from during shows. No big deal there.

The huge effort Mick, Keith and Charlie have made promoting Exile is very commendable, and certainly appreciated by me. The stir they've created around Exile has made this Spring/Summer pretty exciting ~ so in my opinion, Keith & Co. are doing pretty damn well. smiling smiley

Keep On Rockin!

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: May 17, 2010 20:15

rollinon
I found the interview w/ Jimmy was honest, relaxed, and entertaining. Keith's sense of humor remains great. I do think he regrets not being able to strum the guitar like years ago.

Let It Bleed has "the cake" on the cover ~ but I don't fault a professional musician for not remembering his album covers. Mick, on the other hand, typically forgot which albums songs were from during shows. No big deal there.

Keith actually acknowledged that Let It Bleed was the album with "the cake" on the cover. It's a little hard to hear because he says it while Fallon is talking.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1174
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home