Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Winter (Mick Taylor)
Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: April 21, 2010 22:57

Amazing solo, especially the ending, what a guy!

Re: Winter (Mick Taylor)
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 21, 2010 23:00

That's why he is perfect to ballads - listen to Angie from Brusells Afair.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 22, 2010 00:06

Utterly boring. Only the part between 0.58 until 1.06 is acceptable and yes, the end. Here's another solo, the perfect medecine against insomnia:

If you now don't sleep yet, try this one:

Succes guaranteed. Sleep well.

Fortunately he left the Stones in 1974. Can you imagine his playing has even more deteriorated? Must be unbelievably dreadful now.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 22, 2010 17:36

kleermaker are you joking? the videos you post are the best solos ever! the first vid I've seen like 1000 times. I've got the song on CD, it's with Carla Olson on "Too Hot for Snakes". that's the best ever Taylor solo!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 22, 2010 19:27

Amused
kleermaker are you joking? the videos you post are the best solos ever! the first vid I've seen like 1000 times. I've got the song on CD, it's with Carla Olson on "Too Hot for Snakes". that's the best ever Taylor solo!

It was indeed meant ironically, Amused. This Winter solo is so sad and melancholic. If you're depressed and can't feel your hidden sadness anymore, then listen to this music and you might begin to feel it and can recover. If you're not depressed, watch out! Listening to this music could make you feel so sad. But it's of such an uncommon beauty that it's hard to resist listening. The very best music is always melancholic and about deep anguish and at the same time about the love of life, about this double feeling: a profound sadness mixed with an attachment to life. In his best moments Taylor expresses that double feeling and tells us what love and human destiny really are. That's what makes him so special to me.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: April 23, 2010 02:26

kleermaker
It was indeed meant ironically, Amused. This Winter solo is so sad and melancholic. If you're depressed and can't feel your hidden sadness anymore, then listen to this music and you might begin to feel it and can recover. If you're not depressed, watch out! Listening to this music could make you feel so sad. But it's of such an uncommon beauty that it's hard to resist listening. The very best music is always melancholic and about deep anguish and at the same time about the love of life, about this double feeling: a profound sadness mixed with an attachment to life. In his best moments Taylor expresses that double feeling and tells us what love and human destiny really are. That's what makes him so special to me.

Spot on, that's what this and other Taylor solos are all about.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: April 23, 2010 02:47

Really beautiful, thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1397
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home