Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick & Keith to appear on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
Posted by: deuce ()
Date: March 17, 2010 04:19

Re: Mick & Keith to appear on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 17, 2010 04:24

cool.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 17, 2010 04:24

He didnt actually say that.

Its different acts appearing each night all week playing Stones songs.

The original report erroneously stated that the STONES would be performing each night before it was later corrected.

If its 'Mick & Keith', it'll probably be Jimmy impersonating them!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-17 04:28 by Gazza.

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: March 17, 2010 04:45

Gazza

The original report erroneously stated that the STONES would be performing each night before it was later corrected.

He said there were going to be some special guests. Then he imitated Mick for one guest and said the other guest rhymed with 'Keith Richards'. You don't think they'll show up?

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: March 17, 2010 04:48

Keith may not show, but Lorne Michaels should be able to convince Mick.

Either way, this would be a pretty big 'get' for Fallon. (I wonder if Mick has any recollection whatsoever of the sketch they did together a few years back?)

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: March 17, 2010 04:49

Gazza:

I doubt that Fallon with be promoting the re-release of Exile every night if Mick + Keith weren't invlolved in some fashion or another.

It would be a coup for him if he get get the Stones to perform on his show. None of the other late night shows have been able to get the Stones to appear to this point.

Either way we will have an idea of what the Stones will be doing next by May. There is no way they will be able to avoid the inevitable questions about the future of the band while doing publicity for Exile.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-17 04:49 by James Kirk.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 17, 2010 05:03

Jimmy Fallon is an expert at getting people together. He's currently working on getting the cast from Saved By The Bell back together, although I don't think he'll succeed in getting Dustin Diamond (Screech) on the show, since he made that tell-all-and-bash book earlier this year.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Steel_Wheels ()
Date: March 17, 2010 05:33

Cool.

I'm getting the sense that with this recent American Idol night, forthcoming Exile rerelease and Fallon Stones Week, some bigger news may be in the offing.

Then again, my sense has reliably failed me.

Date: March 17, 2010 05:39

deuce
Gazza

He said there were going to be some special guests. Then he imitated Mick for one guest and said the other guest rhymed with 'Keith Richards'. You don't think they'll show up?

No, but then I dont live in the US and so I'm not familiar with the show, although I know Fallon has imitated Mick in the past and what he's said could very well be a bit of a wind up. I personally think its unlikely they (Mick and Keith) would both do such a venture together and that they'd be more inclined to promote it on something other than a late night talk show with a not-very-big audience. Historically, they NEVER appear on these kind of shows, either as musical guests or as interviewees. So, it'd be pretty unprecedented.

Stranger things have happened I suppose. I'm really quite surprised with the amount of promotion this release has been getting already (ie with interviews) especially considering it wont be out for another two months.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-17 05:40 by Gazza.

Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: March 17, 2010 05:41

Good to see The Stones getting some love. We need to enjoy & appreciate them while they are still able to perform. smileys with beer

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Date: March 17, 2010 05:44

James Kirk
Gazza:

I doubt that Fallon with be promoting the re-release of Exile every night if Mick + Keith weren't invlolved in some fashion or another.

It would be a coup for him if he get get the Stones to perform on his show. None of the other late night shows have been able to get the Stones to appear to this point.

Well, he didnt say the STONES would be performing on his show. I think we can be pretty safe in assuming they wont. As a band. Theyre not going to get everyone together after three years to spend several days rehearsing a couple of songs for a TV show that hardly anyone will see in the hope that a few thousand more people will buy a product that isnt going to be a big seller anyway.

James Kirk
Either way we will have an idea of what the Stones will be doing next by May. There is no way they will be able to avoid the inevitable questions about the future of the band while doing publicity for Exile.

Plenty of recent interviews havent mentioned it at all and those that did saw them being hopelessly vague.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-17 05:46 by Gazza.

Posted by: The Wick ()
Date: March 17, 2010 06:30

After watching what he said, I think it's pretty safe to assume that, at the least, Mick will show up. I think they know each other from that skit they did on SNL. The likelihood that they will appear together is pretty slim. If Keith does show up, it will probably be on a different night. Also, it's telling that he said "they chose us." It's not like he's some tabloid citing a friend or a source close to the band. The other thing is that for all their commercial crap, the Stones have an odd tendency to sometimes be very picky with certain things and make relatively boutique choices for their promotions.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 17, 2010 06:45

Don't think so.

I'm gonna go for a Mick/Keith impression. Doubt any major announcement regarding a Mick/Keith appearance would go without a bang (or applause).

Jimmy does a great Neil Young:

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: March 17, 2010 06:52

oh my god -- this is so exciting!

I can't believe how blase everyone is sounding. I was just watching Late Night Jimmy fallon, saw the announcement, and came over here and saw this thread.

Holy shit -- this is awesome! clearly isn't hype. Monday thru Friday of that week in May various non-Stones ppl will playing songs from Exile and then Friday Keith and Mick will be on!

I'm going make my bet now that the Stones will play a song from Exile on Jimmy Fallon.

I'm also going to make a crazy prediction---and if anyone has already made this prediction I haven't seen it---that on Jimmy Fallon the Stones are going to announce an all-Exile tour in medium to small venues around the world!

Yes!!! smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 17, 2010 08:06

"it's so cool they chose us to celebrate"
dont want to delude myself but that's a pretty clear statement

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 17, 2010 08:34

now i'm glad my trip to africa has been pushed back by a month...although i'll now miss the crossroads festival, at least i'll be able to watch jimmy fallon that week!

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: March 17, 2010 09:14

Gazza
I personally think its unlikely they (Mick and Keith) would both do such a venture together and that they'd be more inclined to promote it on something other than a late night talk show with a not-very-big audience. Historically, they NEVER appear on these kind of shows, either as musical guests or as interviewees. So, it'd be pretty unprecedented.

Theoretically, Saturday Night Live- which tapes in the same building as Fallon's show- could also be a factor. Its May 8th episode is already getting a lot of publicity, now that an internet campaign has led to Betty White hosting that night. The show is expected to feature a lot of additional cameos and will likely generate strong ratings and viral clips. Since Lorne Michaels produces both SNL and Jimmy Fallon, it wouldn't be too surprising if Mick saw an opportunity here. Keep in mind, though, this is one of my gut feelings that frequently leads to my losing money.

Also, an NBC spokesperson has already confirmed that the band won't be appearing. (I'm not sure that was ever in doubt, though.)

[latimesblogs.latimes.com]

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: March 17, 2010 09:27

Pretty clear to me that Mick and Keith will be there, don't see any mystery there.

Hope that the artist that will cover Exile do a good job. Very exited about it.

Will some of our frinds in the USA do copies of the shows for us not living there??

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: March 17, 2010 12:10

We get Jimmy on late TV here. Should be all set.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 17, 2010 12:18

From SNL
Click the picture to watch the video
MICK as himself  Jimmy Fallon as his reflection

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-12 02:11 by schillid.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: March 17, 2010 12:50

Great, Schilid! Haven't seen that one before.
I too hope someone will record LN w Jimmy Stones week, and share with the non-americans here! smileys with beer

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: March 17, 2010 12:58

Gazza
the other guest rhymed with 'Keith Richards'.

...Mick used to rhyme with Keith Richards...

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 17, 2010 14:58

Filip020169
...Mick used to rhyme with Keith Richards...
NICE ONE!

Well I for one am REALLY EXCITED about this! - even if M & K don't show up. My guess is that they will probably be "virtual" guests - speaking live over a Vcam setup. You never know though, NYC isn't that far from Connecticut, and Keith doesn't get out that much these days so he might be up for something fun.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: March 17, 2010 15:36

This will finally force me to watch Jimmy Fallon, something I have mostly resisted (Although his pairing of Paul Simon and Steve Martin was pretty great)/

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: March 17, 2010 16:07

isnĀ“t it a bit strange if other bands do covers if the band who brings out that album is still alive and even on the show and could play it themselves?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 17, 2010 16:31

Like some kinda American Idol for us middle-aged rock n roll snobs
smiling smiley

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 17, 2010 16:57

This could be Fallon's chance to make some ground with upping the amount of viewers. It's not like he's hosting Hootie and The Blowfish, it's talking about what is heralded as their greatest album ever. Maybe viewers won't see it that night but a lot of people watch shows the day after from a website. The Daily Show is a good example. So more people might watch it than you'd think.

It would be no different, basically - in theory at least, than having Roger Waters and David Gilmour on talking about Dark Side Of The Moon with a similar reissue campaign.

It's possible that Mick and Keith will show up and based on what Fallon said, they are going to show up. Why anyone would suggest the Stones playing and then making silly predictions about an arena tour playing Exile is a mystery.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: March 17, 2010 17:11

Gazza

Historically, they NEVER appear on these kind of shows, either as musical guests or as interviewees. So, it'd be pretty unprecedented.

Stranger things have happened I suppose. I'm really quite surprised with the amount of promotion this release has been getting already (ie with interviews) especially considering it wont be out for another two months.

"Historically" the Stones NEVER did Super Bowl halftimes, but...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 17, 2010 17:18

mick you should do LETTERMAN

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 17, 2010 17:29

keith did conan years ago.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2066
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home