Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Plunder My Soul single cancelled by Amazon
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: March 17, 2010 14:22

My order was cancelled today. Guess the alternate All Down The Line wont be available. Maybe there is a cd single?

Re: Plunder My Soul single cancelled by Amazon
Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: March 17, 2010 19:02

I got the notice today too...bummer...

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: March 17, 2010 21:46

...There is a photo of the single on the site "stonesplanetbrazil"...!!!????

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 17, 2010 22:26

hhhhhmmmmmmm strange turn around .....

Maybe they were using Amazon to gauge the demand of a 7" ........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 17, 2010 22:28

jp.M
...There is a photo of the single on the site "stonesplanetbrazil"...!!!????

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: March 18, 2010 01:54

Yes, The Universal Music release the single cover but I think they have some problem. I don´t why the single release was cancelled.

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: March 18, 2010 02:43

The "Poison Ivy / Fortune Teller" story all over again ???

Aren't the enough mysteries in the stones catalog already ???

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 18, 2010 03:25

Maybe they read all the negativity here and decided to bin the project!? smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: March 18, 2010 03:46

I never understood why only vinyl. How many people use lps yet? But, well... let´s wait.

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: March 18, 2010 09:37

All Down The Line Is Here

Looks like All Down The Line is only available in the UK.

Date: March 18, 2010 09:40

chenry9195

Correction an alternate take of So Divine (Aladdin Story).

It has snippets of the songs, but they currently don't play.

Maybe we will get some early sneak peaks?

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 18, 2010 10:06

chenry9195

And of course we have to live with sloppy mistakes.
Quote from Mick Jagger: "It's the first album Mick Taylor's on, really. So it's different than previous albums, which had Brian on them"

[store.universal-music.co.uk]

Date: March 18, 2010 18:48

Thommie
chenry9195

And of course we have to live with sloppy mistakes.
Quote from Mick Jagger: "It's the first album Mick Taylor's on, really. So it's different than previous albums, which had Brian on them"

[store.universal-music.co.uk]

Sloppy writing inaccuracies or shitty album?

I'll take sloppy writing inaccuracies for 200. LITTERALLY!!!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 18, 2010 19:28

"Title 5" is only 1.47 min, maybe EOMS Blues?
There are two versions with a few different lines out there,
so maybe they edited it to a nice sounding complete take?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-18 19:36 by TooTough.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: March 18, 2010 20:00

1:47? bummer. let's see, though...

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: March 19, 2010 19:43

The "Plundered My Soul" 7" will be available as an exclusive for this year's "Record Store Day" (April 17):

[www.vvinyl.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-19 19:44 by OhNoNotMeAgain.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: March 19, 2010 21:23

Now you're talkin'!

However, I wonder if ADTL is really just the album version and not the acoustic outtake we are all expecting?

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: March 19, 2010 22:08

The fact that Plundered My Soul is touted as "PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED" and All Down The Line is not tells me that it's a version that's been released before. I wonder if it's the mono version, though... I'd like for them to release the mono version on CD.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: March 19, 2010 22:35

OhNoNotMeAgain
The "Plundered My Soul" 7" will be available as an exclusive for this year's "Record Store Day" (April 17):

[www.vvinyl.com]

What means this? What can I do to buy a copy? Are available online on that "Record Store Day"?
Thanks

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 19, 2010 22:36

Since the acoustic ADTL was complete, and fairly good-sounding, I wonder why they would leave that off but add outtakes they had to finish that were less true Exile session songs?

Date: March 19, 2010 22:52

Ricky
OhNoNotMeAgain

[www.vvinyl.com]

What means this? What can I do to buy a copy? Are available online on that "Record Store Day"?
Thanks

In theory, this means that the single will be available only at independent record stores participating in the "Record Store Day" campaign - and according to that campaign's policy, you'll actually have to enter such a store and walk up to the counter in order to buy one. However, if you don't have that kind of access, I'd strongly advise you to scan eBay for copies on April 17 - though you'll have to be prepared to pay a multiple of the regular retail price there (which is what happened to me with last year's exclusive "Record Store Day" Springsteen 7" release). Whether shops like "Vintage Vinyl" are actually going to sell them online, I really can't tell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-19 22:53 by OhNoNotMeAgain.

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: March 19, 2010 22:59

So ADTL is the remastered album version according to the description:

Description:
Don’t miss out on this soon to be collector’s item! This limited edition, individually numbered 7" single features the previously unreleased track "Plundered My Soul," an amazing recording from the EXILE ON MAIN STREET recording sessions, unavailable anywhere else! B-side features the incredible sounding, remastered version of "All Down The Line".

Track List:
Side A: Plundered My Soul (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)
Side B: All Down The Line

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: March 28, 2010 23:59

I downloaded the widget for the single to my blog, it still says for download on 16 April, but from today the counter says 301 days until release...

Confused by the change to British Summertime or a cunning plot to delay the release?

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: March 29, 2010 11:44

ajc68

Description:
Don’t miss out on this soon to be collector’s item! This limited edition, individually numbered 7" single features the previously unreleased track "Plundered My Soul," an amazing recording from the EXILE ON MAIN STREET recording sessions, unavailable anywhere else! B-side features the incredible sounding, remastered version of "All Down The Line".

Track List:

Which means that there is nothing on the 7" that is not also on the CD releases. So I don't need the 7".

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 29, 2010 12:51

midnrambler
ajc68

Description:

Track List:

Which means that there is nothing on the 7" that is not also on the CD releases. So I don't need the 7".

Damn! I was looking forward to hearing an alternate ADTL. I won't bother with the single then. Don't wanna support lame cash-ins like that.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 29, 2010 15:10

OhNoNotMeAgain
Ricky
OhNoNotMeAgain

[www.vvinyl.com]

Thanks

In theory, this means that the single will be available only at independent record stores participating in the "Record Store Day" campaign - and according to that campaign's policy, you'll actually have to enter such a store and walk up to the counter in order to buy one. However, if you don't have that kind of access, I'd strongly advise you to scan eBay for copies on April 17 - though you'll have to be prepared to pay a multiple of the regular retail price there (which is what happened to me with last year's exclusive "Record Store Day" Springsteen 7" release). Whether shops like "Vintage Vinyl" are actually going to sell them online, I really can't tell.

I remember Bruce having a RSD single last year - what was it again??

Date: March 29, 2010 17:08

VoodooLounge13
OhNoNotMeAgain
Ricky
OhNoNotMeAgain

[www.vvinyl.com]

Thanks

I remember Bruce having a RSD single last year - what was it again??

"What Love Can Do" b/w "A Night With The Jersey Devil" (previously available as a digital download and "WOAD" bonus DVD video only). Very nice item!

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: March 29, 2010 17:36

It's not a surprise. The labelheads think the single format is dead as far as hardcopies a/k/a CDs or vinyl are concerned. So they announce one to lure all old school types into buying a download.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1658
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home