Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Andrew Loog Oldham at the Fest for Beatles Fans this weekend in NJ
Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: March 27, 2010 22:09

He is a special guest at the yearly gathering of Beatles fans in New Jersey. That would be very interesting. (How did that one get by us?)
The Fest schedule.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-27 22:22 by 3DTeafoe.

Re: Andrew Loog Oldham at the Fest for Beatles Fans this weekend in NJ
Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: March 28, 2010 01:12

Figures. Who is their right mind would go to this?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: March 28, 2010 01:14

Music fans!!!

Date: March 28, 2010 01:15

POP music fans, I guess. Well, maybe. well, maybe not

Date: March 28, 2010 01:24

Mickscarey - Your hate of the Beatles is "silly" nothing personal I like to have fun with it. They are far more than pop music. Its great stuff!

Date: March 28, 2010 01:27

You think so? Hmmm. OK. To each their own and glad you enjoy that group. I personally find them silly, mundane and the most overrated thing of all time - regardless of "category".

That said, if you are happy I am happy for you. Enjoy!

Date: March 28, 2010 01:29

The Stones were under their spell until 1968 up to then they followed everything the Beatles did.

Date: March 28, 2010 01:33

Umm. No. They dd not release those SILLY songs like them. They released blues-based cynical stuff. THAT is what separated them. And the beetels retired because they saw the Stones surpassing them because they could not do what The Stones do/did.

Hey, people like The Grateful Dead and still do and revel in them but to me they suck too. But if THEY are happy cool for them.

Date: March 28, 2010 01:42

I agree with you on the Dead. But I can not for the life of me figure out why you won't give the Beatles their due. The Stones did do different things but there were a lot of instances where the Stones followed the Beatles. The sitar, Satanic Majesties etc.

The Beatles did not break up because of the Stones they were bored and trapped and wanted to go their separat ways.

If you don't like them you don't like them but don't say that they sucked.

DOn't get me wrong the Stones are by far and away my favorite band and I like their sound much better than the Beatles but I will not say I do not like them.

Date: March 28, 2010 01:46

There are a LARGE percentage of people who like the beetels because they see others like them so them assume they should too. also, the beetels pop appealed to grandmas and grandpas and the Stone stuck to their guns. I do not want mass appeal. I want blues/rock and roll.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 28, 2010 03:07

Mickscarey..the Beatles and The Rolling Stones are the two greatest bands ever to come out of England..I can see ya no Beatles fan ya made that quite clear..ya cant even spell it Beatles right...beetels

Date: March 28, 2010 03:24

mickscarey
Figures. Who is their right mind would go to this?

Beatles fans I guess.

Or was that beyond comprehension?

Date: March 28, 2010 03:29

Is this a beetels site?

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: March 28, 2010 03:29

mickscarey
Umm. No. They dd not release those SILLY songs like them. They released blues-based cynical stuff. THAT is what separated them. And the beetels retired because they saw the Stones surpassing them because they could not do what The Stones do/did.

Hey, people like The Grateful Dead and still do and revel in them but to me they suck too. But if THEY are happy cool for them.

The grateful dead suck????

Have you listened to them before??

But then again you dont like the beatles sooooooooooooo

Date: March 28, 2010 04:55

Mickscary..ya know something if you were to meet Paul mc Cartney or Ringo Starr you wouldnt tell them..what you think of there music..you would be sucking up to them..ya be shaking in ya boots.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 28, 2010 04:58

Hey colonial ..... I know ya gal from Hutley ... Ya live anywhere near there?

ROCKMAN

Date: March 28, 2010 05:16

Rockman..no I live in Dunedin in the South Island not far from Invercargill which Keith Richards once told everyone that its the @#$%& of the world I think the weather there might had something to do with it.When the Stones last played there in the early sixties.But im sure he didnt mean it...yea Huntly is in the North Island.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 28, 2010 05:21

Okay she probably don't know ya ....
We're ya around when Pretty Things screemed thru Zealand .... Viv and that lobster

ROCKMAN

Date: March 28, 2010 05:27

No I wasnt around then..but I have heard of them.

Date: March 28, 2010 05:46

mickscarey

No, the Beatles split, they didn't retire. They split due to financial, personal, management and musical differences. They did not "retire" because they saw the Stones surpassing them. How very naieve to suggest they did.

Boy, those Beatles really screw your head don't they Mickscarey?

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: March 28, 2010 06:26

Andrew spoke with other guests for 90 minutes.Very articulate and funny. He could be Keith's brother with the mannerisms. He discussed the early years of the Stones, the relationship with the Beatles, and the influences of the Beatles on the Stones regarding song writing. He also dismissed the tale of locking Keith and Mick in a kitchen until they wrote their own song, He said it was more like a few weeks that he had them writing at a house.He asked the audience a trivia question, Who was the fist artist to cover a stones song, answer, Lulu, "Surprise Surprise". He begged Keith to write his own autobiography without a ghost writer. He looked great, and was very kind to me. He signed my picture sleeve from the Andrew Loog Oldham Orchestra,"There are but 5 Rolling Stones. I thanked him for creating the image of the Stones in the 60's and he smiled.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 28, 2010 06:37

mickscarey
POP music fans, I guess. Well, maybe. well, maybe not

AH meekscary ambushes us again with his brilliant music depth. He can't even fathom the connection between the Stones and the Beatles, yet he has all these connections to be back stage, provided "connections" for material for Exile. How laughable. He dazzles himself in his own brilliance, maybe a rock critic for People magazine? Meekscary I seem to remember you recently posting how Streets of Love is a great pop song. And in your myopic vision the Stones only release rock and The Beatles are pop. Again, you really out do yourself. Thanks for the fun dude.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-28 06:41 by whitem8.

Date: March 28, 2010 06:43

deardoctortake1
Andrew spoke with other guests for 90 minutes.Very articulate and funny. He could be Keith's brother with the mannerisms. He discussed the early years of the Stones, the relationship with the Beatles, and the influences of the Beatles on the Stones regarding song writing. He also dismissed the tale of locking Keith and Mick in a kitchen until they wrote their own song, He said it was more like a few weeks that he had them writing at a house.He asked the audience a trivia question, Who was the fist artist to cover a stones song, answer, Lulu, "Surprise Surprise". He begged Keith to write his own autobiography without a ghost writer. He looked great, and was very kind to me. He signed my picture sleeve from the Andrew Loog Oldham Orchestra,"There are but 5 Rolling Stones. I thanked him for creating the image of the Stones in the 60's and he smiled.

Thanks so much for posting this! AMAZING! You are so lucky to hear the history from one of the raw sources. What fun that must have been! I really appreciate you posting this, and don't let trolls scare you off, it was great reading!! So what else did you do at the fest? What were other high points?

Date: March 28, 2010 07:58

Rockman..just checked out The Pretty Things on the web.Their bio.makes good reading..good stuff ive heard alot of their music alright.But didnt buy any of their albums. Cheers mate.

Date: March 28, 2010 08:07

Yeah The Pretty Things are fantastic! I haven't read the book though and have just ordered it. I am in need of some good rock reading...

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: March 28, 2010 14:57

3DTeafoe
He is a special guest at the yearly gathering of Beatles fans in New Jersey. That would be very interesting. (How did that one get by us?)
The Fest schedule.

I go every year. Not for the Beatles, but for the record show/dealer room in the hotel.I am one of a few stones fan there, and get great deals on rare stones records, dvds, cds etc.. Seeing this fest always makes me wish the stones had such a fest, it's really nice.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 28, 2010 21:39

My assistants neighbors planned their own Beatle fest yesterday, the idea was to go thru the catalog chronologically while having an outdoor party at their ranch. It didn't go over so well at all. The wife said it was boring and many of the guests requested other artists....the event landed with a thud..... and was saved by the likes of the Stones and Hendrix.

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: March 28, 2010 22:39

What did the Grateful Dead fan say when he sobered up??

Boy, this band sucks!

Date: March 28, 2010 23:31

MKjan
My assistants neighbors planned their own Beatle fest yesterday, the idea was to go thru the catalog chronologically while having an outdoor party at their ranch. It didn't go over so well at all. The wife said it was boring and many of the guests requested other artists....the event landed with a thud..... and was saved by the likes of the Stones and Hendrix.

They would probably have had the same reaction after a Stones or Hendrix marathon. I've loved the Beatles since 1985 but have only listended to the whole catalogue back to back on one occasion.

Date: March 29, 2010 01:30

Same answer by someone who thought he liked the beetels

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home