Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Out of Body Experiences
Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: March 20, 2010 17:56

This is completely OT unless someone here has had such an experience at a Stones concert.

I'm talking about astral projection when, supposedly, you can step outside of your physical body and float about sometimes transporting yourself to another dimension without the aid of drugs.

Has any IORRian achieved this?

Re: OT: Out of Body Experiences
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: March 20, 2010 18:35

nope. my bloke overdosed acodin about ten times once and told me he finally separated his soul from body but that's it...

Date: March 20, 2010 18:43

Amused
nope. my bloke overdosed acodin about ten times once and told me he finally separated his soul from body but that's it...

Amused, I've never heard of acodin. Maybe there's a joke there that gone over my head - like an astral body - ha ha.

If what you've said is to be taken literally, please expand on it. I'd be very interested to hear more.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 20, 2010 18:46

Harlem Shuffler
Amused

Amused, I've never heard of acodin. Maybe there's a joke there that gone over my head - like an astral body - ha ha.

If what you've said is to be taken literally, please expand on it. I'd be very interested to hear more.

Is Acodin known to be marketed in the USA ?
Ask Dr House ....grinning smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-20 18:49 by SwayStones.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 20, 2010 18:55

Harlem Shuffler
This is completely OT unless someone here has had such an experience at a Stones concert.

I'm talking about astral projection when, supposedly, you can step outside of your physical body and float about sometimes transporting yourself to another dimension without the aid of drugs.

Yes, I have...If you are seriously interested in this subject, I highly recommend the books of Robert Monroe starting with "Journeys Out Of The Body".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-20 18:56 by 71Tele.

Date: March 20, 2010 18:57

71Tele

Yes, I have...If you are seriously interested in this subject, I highly recommend the books of Robert Monroe starting with "Journeys Out Of The Body".

MT,leave 71Tele 's body .....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: March 20, 2010 19:04

SwayStones
71Tele

MT,leave 71Tele 's body .....

LOL...I only channel MT when I'm playing guitar.

Date: March 20, 2010 19:07

71Tele
Harlem Shuffler

Hi, 71Tele.

Thanks for your reply. At the moment I'm reading a book called The Final Frontier by Richard Kent and Val Fotherby. You may have heard of it.

Would you care to tell more about your own experience(s)? If you don't want to, that's fine. It's just that I am treating the subject with a some scepticism so to hear from someone with first-hand information would be very useful.

Date: March 20, 2010 19:18

SwayStones
Harlem Shuffler
Amused

Is Acodin known to be marketed in the USA ?
Ask Dr House ....grinning smiley

Ahh,sorry Harlem Shuffler !
I was mistaken and I got muddled with "Nicodin" ....

Date: March 20, 2010 19:20

Harlem Shuffler
71Tele
Harlem Shuffler

Hi, 71Tele.

Thanks for your reply. At the moment I'm reading a book called The Final Frontier by Richard Kent and Val Fotherby. You may have heard of it.

Would you care to tell more about your own experience(s)? If you don't want to, that's fine. It's just that I am treating the subject with a some scepticism so to hear from someone with first-hand information would be very useful.

E-mail me privately. I am not sure I want to subject myself to the withering commentary of this board. jpc58@msn.com I don't know about the book you have, but Monroe's three books are considered the best authority on the subject. It is a fascinating one, but subject to may potential distortions and misunderstandings. It is important to have an open mind, not be fearful, and not be too weighed down with religious dogma. OB states and environments can be very subjective and unstable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-20 19:28 by 71Tele.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 21, 2010 00:47

I had one listening to this once...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 21, 2010 01:36

Ketamin is REALLY great to feel your soul separating from your body... moody smiley

Date: March 21, 2010 11:48

Silver Dagger, a good choice of music indeed. I'm guessing your post is of a light-hearted nature. If I'm wrong, please tell us more.

Dcba, yes I've heard that Ketamin can produce this experience.
Though my original post was about achieving an OBE without using drugs, it's still interesting to hear that this state can be achieved and that it's not fictitious.
Can you describe what it's like?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 21, 2010 12:42

"Can you describe what it's like?"

Errrr.... no cos drugs scare me! And ketamin is a potentially very dangerous substance so I'd never condone its use (it can provoke a lung collapse.

But a good female friend of mine did lots of K in NYC clubs and that's what she felt (your spiritual body elevating above your physical one) but of course it's not genuine, just your brain being tricked by the substance.

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: March 21, 2010 15:24

Many people who have experienced a near death experience
have reported looking down on their body.
This is probably somewhat akin to the astral projection experience.
Personally, I have only had one very quick experience with
astral projection but I don't think this is the forum to discuss it.
Marv

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 21, 2010 16:20

I did participate in a clinical experiment via an isolation tank. This was back in the 80's at U of M in Ann Arbor MI. This was to record physiological responses to the isolation tank and measure brain wave activity compared to sleep brain wave patterns. It was very intense! And I do believe that after meditating in the tank for 40 min I experienced an out of body reaction. I felt my mind was detached from my physical body and I was traveling. Where I don't know and it still haunts me at times. I have come close during meditation retreats in Sri Lanka, but that similar experience seems like an elusive dream in many ways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-21 16:28 by whitem8.

Date: March 21, 2010 18:13

whitem8
I did participate in a clinical experiment via an isolation tank. This was back in the 80's at U of M in Ann Arbor MI. This was to record physiological responses to the isolation tank and measure brain wave activity compared to sleep brain wave patterns. It was very intense! And I do believe that after meditating in the tank for 40 min I experienced an out of body reaction. I felt my mind was detached from my physical body and I was traveling. Where I don't know and it still haunts me at times. I have come close during meditation retreats in Sri Lanka, but that similar experience seems like an elusive dream in many ways.

whitem8 I would be interested in hearing about your Sri Lankan meditation retreats. If you like, e-mail me at jpc58@msn.com

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 23, 2010 05:16

you have mail 71tele.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1575
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home