Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones On Letterman's Late Show?
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: October 10, 2009 23:46

have they ever been featured? I've been watching some of the best episodes on the net and the guy is astonishingly funny smiling smiley

Re: Stones On Letterman's Late Show?
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: October 11, 2009 00:21

bill wyman .....1985 i guess ?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 11, 2009 00:42

Mick Taylor was part of the Letterman band once, and Wood recorded Chain of Fools with them.

Mathijs

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 11, 2009 02:51

Mathijs
Mick Taylor was part of the Letterman band once, and Wood recorded Chain of Fools with them.

Mathijs

I didn't know that. Is anything on YouTube?

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: March 20, 2010 14:39

that's a good question schillid!

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 20, 2010 14:49

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 20, 2010 19:03

Great version! Thanks for posting.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 20, 2010 19:54

I remember seeing Ronnie on Letterman playing "Stay with me" ;that was in the early 90's I believe. It was great, Ron played very well.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: rocksofff ()
Date: March 20, 2010 19:54

years ago (maybe 10), charlie watts was supposed to be on dave's show, but for some reason he left the green room and didn't come out. dave was really upset and quite nasty to charlie in his monologue, saying something like "well, if you were going to have a stone not show, charlie'd be the one you'd want." also, mick once appeared very briefly, just walking out to the side of the stage. that was, perhaps, when wandering spirit was being released.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 20, 2010 20:07

rocksofff
years ago (maybe 10), charlie watts was supposed to be on dave's show, but for some reason he left the green room and didn't come out. dave was really upset and quite nasty to charlie in his monologue, saying something like "well, if you were going to have a stone not show, charlie'd be the one you'd want." also, mick once appeared very briefly, just walking out to the side of the stage. that was, perhaps, when wandering spirit was being released.

I don't remember this, but do know that Dave does not like to be stood up, and will go public with his displeasure if it happens. Witness John McCain last election.

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: March 20, 2010 21:10

Charlie was on with his jazz group once, and i doubt the Stones would ever appear, especially after all of dave's 'age' jokes about them

Posted by: fyp933 ()
Date: March 20, 2010 21:23

rocksofff

Charlie was to appear with his jazz group but took objection that the late show band would be playing along during their performance (as they usually do accompany the musical guest). Charlie was reported to say something along the lines of it's us and only us or not us at all. when the producers balked , Charlie and his group walked.

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: March 21, 2010 03:04

Back during Dave's time on NBC, Jerry Hall was a guest on his show one nite. Mick briefly phoned in, or Dave phoned him I can't remember which now, and he asked Mick when he would be on his show. Mick replied "Well I'm on it right now Dave, aren't I". Mick was very nice to Dave, and Dave seemed to appreciate the gesture, but really wanted Mick to say he would come on in person sometime. I thought he said he would, but obviously nothing ever came of it.

I also saw the one from back then with Bill Wyman too. I think Bill was in NY for the Dirty Work album. I remembered he said "This band ain't busting up yet".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1727
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home