Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

77 to 82 tapes seen in Being Mick
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: March 16, 2010 23:28

I have watched again in details the dvd. We know that the Exile tapes were not properly archived. The fact is that in Being Mick you see that the BASF boxes contains some boxes with names and numbers on it. But I believe it was not properly kept as a cardboard is not steel and could be damaged easily. A cardboard can be crushed or whatever.
The tapes seen in Being Mick are from 77 to 82, from Some girls to Undercover.

You can see :

1979-4 (number 28206)
PARIS
16 TRACKS
Emotional Rescue
She's So Cold
Stock in ... ?
Dance

------------

1980 - 4
PARIS MOBILE
Vagina
Neighbours
Waiting on a Friend

------------

1982- 16
PARIS 24 TRACKS

I wanna Hold You
Tie You up x 2
Triple (?) Fn (?) x 2

------------

1977 - 3
PARIS 16 tracks

Rotten Row (?)
Imagination
Respectable
Beast Of Burden
Lies

------------

1982-12
PARIS

Too Much Blood
Copy of master
+
Copy of 24 tr (?)

------------

24 TRACKS PARIS

Impossible to see what's written under...

------------

Reflections are :

- these tapes are only Paris ones. We know that Nassau, New York for instance are other places for recordings during this period. So there are more tapes. A lot.

- some songs written on the boxes are not on the Place Pigalle volumes or VGP's outtakes we have (Vagina, Stock in, Rotten row ...). So we do not heard everything. Remember that SO YOUNG is from Some Girls sessions but we did not know it until it was released on Out of Tears single cd in 94.

- only a few songs are written on each box when the box mentions 24 tracks for instance. So imagine that only in this cardboard you have at least 87 songs and/or versions of songs !

I cannot identify the song played behind Mick when he speaks about the digital transfer. Someone recognize it ?

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Re: 77 to 82 tapes seen in Being Mick
Posted by: django ()
Date: March 16, 2010 23:47

toomuchforme
- some songs written on the boxes are not on the Place Pigalle volumes or VGP's outtakes we have (Vagina, Stock in, Rotten row ...).

The Vagina Album was a working title for Tattoo You. That was reported by Bill German in his Beggars Banquet fanzine. Rotten Roll was a working title for one of the SG tracks but I can't remember exactly which one.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 17, 2010 00:06

i noticed the tapes right off,first time i saw "being mick"

i've always believed mick has everything the stones have ever done archived,live or in the studio.

the whole "i dont know which songs are on which record" is all an act.he knows what he did and when he did it.theres no way a guy that meticulous doesnt have a handle on his lifes work.he could probably go on his laptop and tell you how many t-shirts they sold in boise idaho on the last tour.

i'll bet when they decided to do the exile thing he went into a storage room and pulled out what he had.they go to the press and act like they discovered some artifact from an archealogicol dig because it makes a good story for the press.

if the exile project makes money there will be more.much more.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 17, 2010 01:22

toomuchforme
- only a few songs are written on each box when the box mentions 24 tracks for instance. So imagine that only in this cardboard you have at least 87 songs and/or versions of songs !

That's the multi-track note so they make sure not to put the reel onto a 16 track recorder, not the amount of songs. You can't fit 24 songs on those tapes unless you're doing very very very very short songs and no multiple takes!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 17, 2010 01:40

django
toomuchforme
- some songs written on the boxes are not on the Place Pigalle volumes or VGP's outtakes we have (Vagina, Stock in, Rotten row ...).

The Vagina Album was a working title for Tattoo You. That was reported by Bill German in his Beggars Banquet fanzine. Rotten Roll was a working title for one of the SG tracks but I can't remember exactly which one.

'Before They Make Me Run', I think.

The title 'Rotten Roll' has appeared on other songs on Stones bootlegs from that era, but only because the bootleggers were being lazy or just didnt know the title of the song in question.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 17, 2010 06:56

Rotten Roll is Before they Make Me Run...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 17, 2010 08:47

"remember that SO YOUNG is from Some Girls sessions but we did not know it until it was released on Out of Tears single cd in 94"

Wrong : it was on one of the "Paris Results" boot cd around 1993.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 17, 2010 10:42

dcba
"remember that SO YOUNG is from Some Girls sessions but we did not know it until it was released on Out of Tears single cd in 94"

Wrong : it was on one of the "Paris Results" boot cd around 1993.

which was taken from an Outsider Bird Records vinyl boot from 1 or 2 years before that.

Mathijs

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: March 17, 2010 12:50

Triple X was one of the working titles for Pretty Beat Up.

N

Date: March 17, 2010 13:30

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-17 15:35 by dcba.

Date: March 17, 2010 16:07

you ruin my hopes

Date: March 17, 2010 16:59

So the song that is called Rotten Roll on the boots is not called that but actually has another title? News to me! Never knew Before They Make Me Run had that as a working title.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: March 17, 2010 18:15

toomuchforme
SO YOUNG is from Some Girls sessions but we did not know it until it was released on Out of Tears single cd in 94.

The original track comes from the SG sessions but the released one has been hardly overdubbed in 1993, especially the vocals, totally redone.

Date: March 17, 2010 18:57

mitch
The original track... has been hardly overdubbed..., especially the vocals, totally redone.

So which is it? Very little overdubbing in general, as in 1978 or 1993? No overdubbing at all? Or the only overdubbing was the vocal in 1993?

Date: March 18, 2010 14:11

mitch
toomuchforme
SO YOUNG is from Some Girls sessions but we did not know it until it was released on Out of Tears single cd in 94.

The original track comes from the SG sessions but the released one has been hardly overdubbed in 1993, especially the vocals, totally redone.

Yes I heard at the time caus' it sounded really like VL voice style.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 18, 2010 18:13

toomuchforme
mitch
toomuchforme

Yes I heard at the time caus' it sounded really like VL voice style.

Vocals where redone, and Chuck Leavell added his plinky plink piano.

Mathijs

Date: March 18, 2010 19:08

"plinky plink piano"
Mathjis listen to the Atlanta'81 "club" show SB tape (where Chuck sat in) and you'll see when the nightmare began for us fans...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home