Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Saitama 06 Concert
Posted by: skl127 ()
Date: March 7, 2010 19:25

Hi

Just watched Saitama 06 - great concert - but what's interesting is that on 'Oh No Not You Again' Mick comes out with 'f---ing up my life' and on 'Rain Fall Down' 'Bankers are w---ers' lines

I thought the Japanese were very conservative about these things - maybe times had changed by 2006?

Anyway, your comments would be appreciated

Cheers

Re: Saitama 06 Concert
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 7, 2010 19:40

skl127
I thought the Japanese were very conservative about these things

Perhaps, but at least they weren't censored like they were in China.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 7, 2010 19:41

Bankers are what? Is that supposed to be w a n k e r s? Don't even know what line you're referring to - that tells ya how much I listened to that piece of shit dun it.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 7, 2010 19:44

skipstone
Bankers are what? Is that supposed to be w a n k e r s? Don't even know what line you're referring to - that tells ya how much I listened to that piece of shit dun it.

I wonder if Mick sang that line at the Deutsche Bank party?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 7, 2010 20:16

skipstone
... Which, again, shows how much you really know about it, which would be close to zip.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: March 7, 2010 20:29

To me this one is one of the best filmed Stones-concerts ever. So many great moments, from the start when Keith jumps in the chords of JJF, the sound is balanced , Ronnie is audible, beautiful Wild Horses, Sway with Keith`s pirat-guitar, every picture you can hang up on the wall as a poster, perfectly filmed , big screens always in the right moment, you can see perfectly how Ronnies b-bender works in the Tumbling Dice- solo , they are on fire and you see I LOVE this one. This is Hampton of the BB-Tour.
Oh sorry, I was so excited I missed the topic !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-07 20:41 by electricmud.

Date: March 7, 2010 21:46

Yeah, I thought the concert was great too!

cheers

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 8, 2010 00:41

Edith Grove
skipstone

I guess not,because wasn´t included in the setlist,but "You Got The Silver" and "It´s All Over Now" were...

Can´t understand why you hate that song so much,skip...just give it another try with full blast...

I agree,electricmud,great show...although the IORR guitarreros complained a lot
about Sway ( including Ronnie´solos ) recently in another thread.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 8, 2010 02:39

We've tightened contraband but been generous to English expression.grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-08 04:42 by Toru A.

Posted by: Tantekäthe ()
Date: March 8, 2010 15:21

I do not own the DVD but only an audio on CD ("soundbard" as is said on the sleeve) and found it very very disappointing soundwise: Ronnie inaudible, Keith's guitar like out of a garbage bin, and Mick's vocals as flat as can be.

Plus, the setlist was not my cup of tea; "Wild Horses" for example that has been praised so much does nothing for me; I would have preferred something more sexy and musically interesting like "Beast of Burden" or "Memory Motel" in the ballad spot, it is hard for me to make it through YGMR and the ABB stuff, and SFTD and MY are as horrid here as they have ever been since 1994.

That said, where can I get a really decent copy (i.e. which label has an enjoyable audio version and where to get the video DVD) without using Torrent?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 8, 2010 15:28

I never get how you can have a pop about the sound of the band when your not even listening to a decent quality recording????

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 8, 2010 20:05

Sorry folks, but I think all 2006 Japan shows were pretty substandart and Saitama was no exeption.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: March 9, 2010 00:04

alimente
Sorry folks, but I think all 2006 Japan shows were pretty substandart and Saitama was no exeption.

I agree except that I think Saitama was the exception. Most the the Japan shows were pretty poor. I was rather disappointed. I have numerous very good sounding soundboard recordings from that tour and all of them are fairly subpar performances. Except Saitama, which is uneven. At times they roar, and then at times they're very sloppy. Saitama isn't a great show, but there were some great performances tucked into an inconsistant show. I still think it's the best of the Japan '06 shows.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 9, 2010 01:20

Tantekäthe
I do not own the DVD but only an audio on CD ("soundbard" as is said on the sleeve) and found it very very disappointing soundwise: Ronnie inaudible, Keith's guitar like out of a garbage bin, and Mick's vocals as flat as can be.

Plus, the setlist was not my cup of tea; "Wild Horses" for example that has been praised so much does nothing for me; I would have preferred something more sexy and musically interesting like "Beast of Burden" or "Memory Motel" in the ballad spot, it is hard for me to make it through YGMR and the ABB stuff, and SFTD and MY are as horrid here as they have ever been since 1994.

That said, where can I get a really decent copy (i.e. which label has an enjoyable audio version and where to get the video DVD) without using Torrent?

Don´t know which show you´ve been listening to but YGMR was thankfully dropped
for the Saitama show...

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: March 9, 2010 08:58

IMO opinion this concert was the best PLAYING by the Stones in more than 20 years. It was creepy in fact how organic they sounded, like the zombies had risen from the dead, bringing back memories of the 1978 and 1981 tours. I think if you cant hear that, you should go and compare the recording to Fenway Park which is the total opposite,wooden karaoake.

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: March 9, 2010 09:48

...Touché. smileys with beer

Date: March 11, 2010 19:24

Yes, I think I have got Japan mixed up with China - they are really strict aren't they?

Weren't The Stones supposed to be one of the first bands to tour China but it never came off, wasn't it Wham or somebody like that who became the first?

BTW if you want to get decent audio from a concert just use AoA Audio Extractor - it's Freeware and will convert the whole show into MP3 or Wav if you want good quality - you can then have the DVD concert and the audio 'soundboard' version side by side - that's what I do. The nice thing is it will be one continuous track - no stopping and starting between songs!

Cheers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1588
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home