Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick & Keith = George Steinbrenner & Billy Martin?
Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: March 11, 2010 07:28

It's spring training time here in the Great Satan. And that means baseball, the true king of sports, is right around the corner. But I digress...

Yankees owner George Steinbrenner ruthlessly manipulated Billy Martin through five managerial hirings and firings over 15 years until Billy died in a car accident on Xmas day in '89. As both a player and a manager, nothing meant more to Billy than being a Yankee. He allowed himself to be jerked around endlessly and couldn't just walk away once and for all because he was so wrapped up in the pinstripes.

By the same token, nothing would appear to mean more to our beloved KR than being in the Rolling Stones. And Mick seems to know this and manipulate this knowledge in a similarly ruthless manner, albeit without all the firings.

Thoughts?

Re: Mick & Keith = George Steinbrenner & Billy Martin?
Posted by: cc ()
Date: March 11, 2010 07:45

I like to keep my music separated from my sports.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: March 11, 2010 07:52

The human interaction and power dynamics elements transcend that one pair are musicians and the others are sports figures.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: March 11, 2010 21:13

I don't see Keith being a victim of Mick. They're partners at best, and codependent guys who occasionally torture each other, at worst.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home