Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
"So What's Next For THE STONES?" - Keith Finally Answers (get your hankies out)
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: March 4, 2010 11:02

Here's the Q and A -

Q: What's next.....

A: I'm in the process of writing songs (for a Stones record) but there's no definite plans" for an album..... wouldn't be surprised if we did something later this year....In the mean time, working on a memoir that's coming out in OCTOBER and Johnny Depp recently began filming a documentary about me - the story of my life, the deal with the devil and all that. Johnny is so damn easy to talk to that it's no sweat....

Q: What about the recent reports that you have quit drinking?

A: (Laughing) Listen, the rumors of my sobriety are greatly exaggerated.... and we'll have to leave it at that.

Personally, there seems to be very little interest in a new album or another tour, that's the strong vibe I get from reading the article. IMHO opening the vaults will be the next major event (maybe numerous albums, not just EXILE) in the Stone's story - Maybe a few shows here and there but no more giant tours, not much excitement coming through for any Rolling Stones projects it seems like at the moment. Maybe "looking back" (cleaning out the vaults) will be the Stones major project for the next few years. Fine by me, time will only tell......

Re: "So What's Next For THE STONES?" - Keith Finally Answers (get your hankies out)
Posted by: kees ()
Date: March 4, 2010 11:26

Opening vaults only will do it for me.

No need in more Steel Wheel IX tours with a Ronnie and Keith hardly able to play the guitar anymore.

Re: "So What's Next For THE STONES?" - Keith Finally Answers (get your hankies out)
Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: March 4, 2010 11:37

Yes, vault-opening 1963-1983 with multiple CD-boxes, please!thumbs up

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 4, 2010 11:53

Ok, sounds good.
Where did you read that Q & A?

Date: March 4, 2010 12:28

LieB
Ok, sounds good.
Where did you read that Q & A?

New ROLLING STONE MAG that just came in a few hours ago. Changed it from 3rd person quotes to first person since THAT PART was so short. The rest of the article gets into major detain on the new EXILE songs... posting that now. Interesting stuff....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 4, 2010 12:32

I'm in the process of writing songs

That's all a dirty arsed rockin' rat really needs ta know .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 4, 2010 12:35

My optimism reminds me that Keith is notoriously vague about everything and really can't be trusted for accurate information.

I don't read much into this.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: March 4, 2010 12:48

HelterSkelter
Changed it from 3rd person quotes to first person since THAT PART was so short.

Don't really know what you mean by that... changing quotes is not quoting. Could you be more specific? Interpreting is something we can do for ourselves. Thanks!

Hi all, by the way.

Date: March 4, 2010 12:49

Edith Grove
My optimism reminds me that Keith is notoriously vague about everything and really can't be trusted for accurate information.

I don't read much into this.

But EG, you know that the shape of the US economy makes it impossible to put on the kind of tours that the Stones are used to. They COULD DO a "NO SECURITY" level tour but do they want to? I doubt the Mickster wants to "down$ize" (especially with that U2 Monster stage crawling around somewhere) Anyway how is Keith gonna do a book promotion, work on a film with Depp, and record an album all at the same time? Don't see it happening.... TIME Waits For No One..... Bring on the Deluxe Versions !!! smiling smiley

Date: March 4, 2010 12:59

Limbostone
HelterSkelter
Changed it from 3rd person quotes to first person since THAT PART was so short.

Don't really know what you mean by that... changing quotes is not quoting. Could you be more specific?

Don't worry Limbostone, It's EXACTLY what Keith said, I didn't CHANGE any quotes Inspector. No Frettin' Por Favor, I made it through High School, Me gots these righting things down all da way from hear ta da moon planet..... smiling smiley Chill Sil vous plat

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: March 4, 2010 13:12

Hold on, I was just asking, since I couldn't figure it out. Still grateful! smiling smiley

Date: March 4, 2010 13:34

Limbostone
Hold on, I was just asking, since I couldn't figure it out. Still grateful! smiling smiley

Dear Limbostone, When the article said - and then Keith said he is working on a film with Johnny Depp dealing with my life - I changed it to

A: I've been working on a film with Johnny Depp dealing with my life..... Whatever the exact quote was I just basically changed He Said to "I said" or whatever. Really, it's VERY minor....Peace, no problemo smiling smiley

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: March 4, 2010 16:29

kees
Opening vaults only will do it for me.

No need in more Steel Wheel IX tours with a Ronnie and Keith hardly able to play the guitar anymore.

Still the best thing going, pal.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 4, 2010 16:37

HelterSkelter

A: (Laughing) Listen, the rumors of my sobriety are greatly exaggerated.... and we'll have to leave it at that.

Sean Delonas NY Post

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 4, 2010 17:18

Interesting News indeed!!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 4, 2010 17:30

The Sicilian
HelterSkelter

Sean Delonas NY Post
If Keith really quit drinking,than I guess I'll just have to pick up the slack....For the sake of the economy.drinking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 4, 2010 17:33

news? i read it three times and i still can't find the news...maybe the dog peed on it....

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: March 4, 2010 18:24

> A: (Laughing) Listen, the rumors of my sobriety are greatly exaggerated.... and we'll have to leave it at that.

hahahah it made my day. classic Keith. gotta love the man! smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 4, 2010 18:35

The Sicilian
HelterSkelter

Sean Delonas NY Post
my hometown paper .the page six cartoon is the best in the world !!!!!!!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 4, 2010 19:28

It could be the case that we start to get used to the idea that the time of the great Cohl tours is gone, and we are facing a new - and last page - in the great Rolling Stones story. Like many of us harcore fans have hoped opening the vaults and starting to be retrospective in real, honest way is the theme of the last chapter. Perhps digging one's past - and what a past: the story of rock music in its best form!- could also be a way to discover's one's muse, who knows (Dylan did it the 90's and came outr as a reborn artist.)

And honestly, as a touring live act the Stones have given the world - with a good salary though - more than anyone ever thought during the last 20 years. Each and anyone almost anywhere around the globe have had the chance to see the legends alive, and most of hardcore fans as many times as the pockets afford them to do. I think anyone here should be satisfied, and I don't think it is reasonable to really ask any more. We know that they will not get any better, and all they can really give have already given. I think it as customlike to expect a major tour every few years, be thrilled of the idea of a tour, but I think it is time for a reality check also in this matter. They are are quite old guys now, and perhaps the audiences are not so vital either anymore. The excitement in both sides - the band and the world - seem to be a matter of routine as well.

I hope some shows with a different concept is to be seen, and The Stones leave the building with a grace by taking the music and nothing but the music once again seriously. There is so much history, charisma and talent invested in those guys and they are in position they can do anything. Just reduce the Cohl circus back to musical authenticity. There is nothing to prove anymore in Big Money Department. They are The Rolling Stones, after all. I think they have class enough to make an impression also in those departments where everything is not counted solely by millions of dollars.

So long, Cohl.

- Doxa

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 4, 2010 19:33

Doxa
I think they have class enough to make an impression also in those departments where everything is not counted solely by millions of dollars.

it's not - it's counted by the tens of millions.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 4, 2010 19:45

It's great that they go out with the grace of the Bigger Bang Tour (which in hindsight was just a whimper ironically).
They need to focus on their legacy now, rather than tarnishing it with forced mega-tours.
I look forward to them opening the vaults, and an occasional small live show here and there would be the icing on the cake.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: March 4, 2010 20:01

"I'm in the process of writing songs (for a Stones record) but there's no definite plans" for an album"

"wouldn't be surprised if we did something later this year"

Why would anyone be down about him saying he is writing new songs for an upcoming Stones record? I think you guys are reading a little too much into this statement. I take it as pretty good news from a notoriously unreliable source.

If you want a solid answer on what is going on somebody should ask Jagger. It seems that the Stones roll when he says so.

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: March 4, 2010 21:21

I look forward to them opening the vaults but I hope they DON'T write new lyrics and add new vocals and overdubs. That's like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa. We're not in Tattoo You waters anymore.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 4, 2010 21:27

Hairball
It's great that they go out with the grace of the Bigger Bang Tour (which in hindsight was just a whimper ironically).
They need to focus on their legacy now, rather than tarnishing it with forced mega-tours.
I look forward to them opening the vaults, and an occasional small live show here and there would be the icing on the cake.

No. They can leave with grace performing at Wembley and other stadiums. They have no pressure. They live upon musuc earth. Everybody will be stunned by what this Band can still do( I mean Mick, Keith and Charlie) . They can easily reshape their standards. And rock everyone.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: March 4, 2010 21:30

[www.rollingstone.com]

“I don’t know how the rest of them feel about roadwork at the moment,” he tells RS. “Maybe we’ll search for a different way for the Stones to go back on the road. Maybe not the football stadiums anymore. Maybe something different. You can’t go around there in lemon-yellow tights forever.”

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 4, 2010 22:52

Let us add from the original source the important part that wasn't included in the original post:

But the guitarist admits he’s uncertain whether any sort of tour would follow. “I don’t know how the rest of them feel about roadwork at the moment,” he tells RS. “Maybe we’ll search for a different way for the Stones to go back on the road. Maybe not the football stadiums anymore. Maybe something different. You can’t go around there in lemon-yellow tights forever.”

It's "only" Keith talking, but he also seems to saying goodbye to Michael Cohl...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-04 22:54 by Doxa.

Date: March 4, 2010 23:43

Michael Cohl wears yellow tights?

Actually I'm gla to hear Keith saying this. If anyone in the Stones needed to drop that last vestige of a 'young rocker's' look it was Keith.
I REALLY hope they do one more album, so that ABB is not the final word from this great band. And do a few gigs. Maybe take up residency somewhere, like London. This seems a new way of doing things. And it would suit them, and their age.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: March 4, 2010 23:53

In my opinion it's great that Keith is the instigator to a new tour in some format. He has realized what we, the fans, are looking for. Not a stadium tour but a tour still. Back to the roots and maybe we finally get the tour we all long for, the Stones in smaller placer where they allt started from.

the difference is that this tour might a tour where the "moneyearning" isn't the most important but the way they give the concerts to us fans.

So, if Keith's plan is to get them on a tour filled with club and indoor arenas it can be worthywhile last tour that sets the end of a lifetime rock and roll circus into one more blast.

So, to me, hopefully it'll be a rock and roll ending of a lifetime career that no one can say it wan't good enough!

Thanks Keith!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-04 23:54 by Fan Since 1964.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: March 4, 2010 23:58

i would agree that by the time you're 65 or so, it's nearly time for different-colored tights.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1309
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home