Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones CDs in India ? Question to collectors
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 17, 2010 14:42

Hi

A friend of mine is going to India in 2 weeks
I wanted to know if there are any interesting / exotic pressings of the Rolling Stones available there.

I am not looking for counterfeits, but for legit exotic pressings.
Any info/picture would be highly welcome

Here are a few of the exotic pressings I already have from Russia and China
http://doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/zoom-sur-rolling-stones-pressages.html
http://doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/le-coffre-aux-tresors-rolling-stones-19.html

Thanks in advance !

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-17 17:01 by Doc.

Re: Stones CDs in India ? Question to collectors
Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: February 17, 2010 22:20

I used to go to India several times a year on business. First time was in 1995 and the last trip was around 2005. I visited Mumbay and Delhi mostly but also other parts of India.
At that time all western style of music on CD's were imports. I did not find one single CD made in India a part from the local stuff. On C-casette I have lots of Stones made in India and I was also able to pick up 20-30 Stones LP's made in India as well. But I have not been there now for some five years, so I do not know the present situation. My guess is that they still sell imports.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 18, 2010 12:40

Thanks Jan

Bad news, but I was kinda expecting it too
I'll see if my friend puts his hand on an LP, but he won't spend much time searching for records a lot since this isn't his hobby.
If you can give me one place/adress/city/market where he may easily get something, that would be helpul

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: February 19, 2010 23:49

On the road from Regal Theatre in Kolaba Area of Mumbai you walk towards Victoria Train Station, there are thousands of street pushers selling just about everything you can imagine. On this road there used to be a few guys selling LP's. I bought a lot from them in the 90's, several 100's of LP's, not only Stones but Beatles, Doors, Deep Purple and other classic acts, all vinyls made in India. But I do not know if these guys are around anymore.
Then another place in Mumbai is Chorbasar, dont know if I spell it correctly. This is a market area a bit uptown from Nariman Point area. Lots of small shops selling everything you can imagine. But it is not a place for tourists, don't go there if you do not have a local with you. I went there alone several times and the guys and ladies at my office were chocked that i had the guts to go theresmiling smiley Well, all for them vinylssmiling smiley)

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1546
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home