Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Something Fresh
Posted by: UnderKeefsThumb ()
Date: February 14, 2010 23:53

Hi guys I just needed your help with something if you could.

I write for an online news publication (The Examiner) and I'm trying to prepare for my next article but I am having a bit of a block in trying to come up with something to talk about.

I'm writing about the Stones obviously but I was just curious as to what are some kinds of things that you guys would like to read about the Stones or see discussed? There's only so many times one can rehash the events of Altamont, y'know? Any suggestions?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! smileys with beer

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."

Re: Something Fresh
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: February 14, 2010 23:59

maybe write about Stones' influences: been discussed so many times but there's also space for original research... list blues, rhythm & blues, soul and rock & roll performers they loved so much... country, well, I have no idea how many times Keith covered "You Win Again" but that's a number... smiling smiley they have great taste in music. even Mick who tries to stay current has a clue about what's good or not (count out "Let's Work"). smiling smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 15, 2010 00:01

How about talking about the Stones individually (the four core members) and describing how they come together to make up the World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 15, 2010 00:26

You will find ideas in either one of these outstanding threads:

"The most amazing picture of a Rolling Stone Thread"
"Some Kinda Stones Connection"

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: February 15, 2010 01:41

and lets not forget there Fans, the 3 camps that is

Posted by: moosman ()
Date: February 15, 2010 03:14

How about an article devoted to what fans, musicians, and music business types think the Stones should do next. For better or for worse, The Stones have never cleared the slate the way Dylan has. Nobody expects him to match the quality of his best work. The same can't be said for our heroes. So, what should their next move be?

Date: February 15, 2010 03:33

Thanks so much guys for all your thoughts and suggestions. Essentially all I write about is The Stones so keep sending ideas if you get more.

I appreciate all the help! Going to start on a few articles tonight. >grinning smiley<

Date: February 15, 2010 04:39

Maybe you can write about some of the fans' personal experiences with the group (ie) being backstage, meeting them, etc.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 15, 2010 05:48

gripweed, what three camps, sorry if you have said before?

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: February 15, 2010 05:58

angee

Well, it seems to me there are the three Era's to the Stones,
and there are Fans of one Era that will "tease" the others,
Usually in a friendly manner, but sometimes in a mean Spirited
way, Yet they are all Stones Fans.

I'm sure Kinks Fans have a Camp or two as well many other Groups, I always find it interesting that the one thing the Fans have in Common can eventually allow other beliefs affect there behavior towards one and other, does that make sense ?

Date: February 15, 2010 07:15

gripweed
angee

Well, it seems to me there are the three Era's to the Stones,
and there are Fans of one Era that will "tease" the others,
Usually in a friendly manner, but sometimes in a mean Spirited
way, Yet they are all Stones Fans.

I'm sure Kinks Fans have a Camp or two as well many other Groups, I always find it interesting that the one thing the Fans have in Common can eventually allow other beliefs affect there behavior towards one and other, does that make sense ?

So, what exactly do you consider to be the three eras? Pardon my ignorance, just you could take it a couple different ways...by guitar player (Jones/Taylor/Wood), by decade 60's, 70's, beyond or essentially just the difference in say early fan experiances of concerts (the short sets, long waits and general hysteria etc) as opposed to do that fans have now?

Or perhaps something entirely different. Very interested in your response. smiling smiley

I think this is a great idea, so much that's possible to cover. Thanks so much.

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-15 07:17 by UnderKeefsThumb.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home