Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

i am a fan of the 60th rolling stones
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: February 11, 2010 23:57

that were the"golden days". still like "tell me" --"Heart of stone"--Empty heart--Cry to me--and sooo on

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Re: i am a fan of the 60th rolling stones
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: February 12, 2010 00:00

they were nicely dueled by the Animals by then, my another favorite...

they were a hardcore blues band in 64. that's why I love Stones No. 2...

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: February 12, 2010 00:20

I do totally agree with you HAVO

Re: i am a fan of the 60's rolling stones
Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: February 12, 2010 03:14

ain't gonna hear any complaints from me either about the "Brian Jones era" grinning smiley this is obviously my fave.

but definitely have loved the 'Taylor era' & 'Wood era' too smiling smiley)))))
------------------------------------------------

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: February 12, 2010 22:05

I was always more of a Mick Taylor fan but lately I have been listening more to the Brian Jones Stones. He definitely was an immensely-talented musician.

You've inspired me to get out my Westwood One Rock N Roll Never Forgets LP set on Brian Jones & give it a listen. thumbs up

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: February 12, 2010 22:23

The amazing thing about that period is the incredible versatility from their first album in 64 to Aftermath, to Their Satanic and than Beggars Banquet, it is all so totally different, and that in just a few years! I really think Brian had a huge influence in this versatility. Because if Brian's influence in that versatility could be neglacted, than why did that extreme versatility stop? Because really Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers etc are a continuation on the road the Stones had turned into with Beggars. Only when Woody came in 100% with Some Girls the style changed again, but it didn't change since. Also i don't think it is a coincidence that most pictures on the amazing picture thread are from the period with Brian.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 12, 2010 22:47

Just who is the 60th Stone?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 12, 2010 23:35

The 60th Rolling Stones? As far as I can tell there have been a grand total of FOUR versions of The Rolling Stones - Jones, Taylor, Wood and minus Wyman.

That leaves 56 'th''s to go yet.

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: February 12, 2010 23:46

behroez
The amazing thing about that period is the incredible versatility from their first album in 64 to Aftermath, to Their Satanic and than Beggars Banquet, it is all so totally different, and that in just a few years! I really think Brian had a huge influence in this versatility. Because if Brian's influence in that versatility could be neglacted, than why did that extreme versatility stop? Because really Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers etc are a continuation on the road the Stones had turned into with Beggars. Only when Woody came in 100% with Some Girls the style changed again, but it didn't change since. Also i don't think it is a coincidence that most pictures on the amazing picture thread are from the period with Brian.

Very very interesting analysis!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 13, 2010 00:57

THE ROLLING STONES, NOW! ....
That great slippery slice of rockin' R&B released on this day 13th February 1965 .......... PLAY LOUD

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home