Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones' 60s production
Posted by: squando ()
Date: February 12, 2010 04:45

Hi people

Just have been thrashing "Out of our heads" (US version) alot in the past few days and reminded myself of how much a wonderful album it is. With one exception - its production (in general).

Some of the tracks are terribly produced and I feel it such a shame because if Oldham (who as far as I'm concerned wasn't a producer's toe nail) had not been at the production healm I feel most Stones' songs - ergo their albums - would have been vastly superior to what they are.

Don't get me wrong - Oldham got lucky at time ie "Satisfaction", "Little red rooster" and "I wanna be your man" for example, but overall I feel he was the wrong person for the job.

Even though the album cops a panning from alot of people (me not being one of them) - "Satanics" production is the first decent or even excellent production re Stones' lps.

Really feel that if the Stones had had a George Martin or even Jimmy Miller from the start alot of these great songs and albums would also have had great production.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-12 04:53 by squando.

Re: Stones' 60s production
Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 12, 2010 07:11

squando - I have had some disagreement with some of your past posts but I completly agree with you about this one. Oldham was a poor producer. How could would the Stones have been with Jimmy Miller from the start?? Pure conjecture but I think these songs would have been recorded much better. George Martin though brilliant for the Beatles I don't think would have been a good choice for the Stones he would have made the songs too slick.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home