Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT "Them Crooked Vultures" Live 8 December 2009
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: February 7, 2010 00:32

Here they are : [www.wdr.de]

Re: OT "Them Crooked Vultures" Live 8 December 2009
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 7, 2010 02:56

They are on SNL tonight!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 7, 2010 02:59

I wish the vocals sounded this clear when I saw them at the Fox Theater in Oakland in November; still a great show!

Posted by: caroogie ()
Date: February 7, 2010 03:44

SNL tonight? Thanks for the tip, BluzDude I haven't watched that show much lately.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 7, 2010 07:27

Yeah I just watched them on SNL. JPJ's bass was pretty heavy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-07 07:27 by Lukester.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 7, 2010 08:32

BluzDude
I wish the vocals sounded this clear when I saw them at the Fox Theater in Oakland in November; still a great show!
Yeash their was a wierd mix with the vocals at that show. Plus I wish they would of at least touched on their various catalogs. But the playing was very good.

Date: February 7, 2010 10:16

I went out and got the album. I saw them on SNL. I really dig most of Josh Homme's projects and his productions (Arctic monkeys), but the Vultures are pretty boring to me. Jones' plays some heavy Bass and it is the highlight to me. Rest MEH

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 7, 2010 16:47

"Plus I wish they would of at least touched on their various catalogs"

they never did and they won't. That's the beauty of the whole projet : filling venues on the strenght on the TCV album only smileys with beer

Date: February 7, 2010 20:32

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 7, 2010 22:33

dcba

they never did and they won't. That's the beauty of the whole projet : filling venues on the strenght on the TCV album only smileys with beer

They're filling the venues on the strength of their resumes. I'm sure the fans wouldn't mind too much if they'd briefly acknowledge the music on which those resumes were built.

Date: February 7, 2010 22:58

tatters
dcba

They're filling the venues on the strength of their resumes. I'm sure the fans wouldn't mind too much if they'd briefly acknowledge the music on which those resumes were built.
Espicially since Grohl is such a huge Zep fan and has actually played with them before. A couple Zep tunes,a couple Foo/Nirvana songs would be great. The TCV album isn't that good to where I want to hear all of it live.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 8, 2010 04:53

sweetcharmedlife
tatters
dcba

Espicially since Grohl is such a huge Zep fan and has actually played with them before. A couple Zep tunes,a couple Foo/Nirvana songs would be great. The TCV album isn't that good to where I want to hear all of it live.

It's a good album, but if it were the work of brand new band with guys no one had ever heard of before, there wouldn't be all this fuss. The fuss is caused by who these guys are and what they've accomplished in the past. I caught their first number on SNL last night and loved seeing a band whose focal point is their 64-year-old bass player rockin' so hard. Fell asleep before they did their second number, though.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 8, 2010 09:07

I just can't get the Foo Fighters...really, they have a few good interesting songs, but so much of their stuff just sound like typical cookie cutter rock that is so easily dispensed these days. TCV are far more interesting, as are Queens of the Stoneage....and I would say add a dash of Mars Volta for good measure!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 8, 2010 15:31

I'll second that whitem8! I've tried and tried to get into them as I was a HUGE Nirvana fan, but they're just so damn bland!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 8, 2010 15:56

I love most of QOTSA (songs for the deaf is up the with the best) but the crooked vultures leave me cold. Its sounds like three people trying to many musical tricks and lacks real songs or melody

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 8, 2010 16:57

I think Them Crooked Vultures' album is great, and they rocked on SNL!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1210
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home