Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: The Who to Play Quadrophenia
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 3, 2010 05:37

I just received this email from The Who Fan Club. Sounds interesting, I hope Roger is up for it!

[www.thewho.com]

Re: OT: The Who to Play Quadrophenia
Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: February 3, 2010 07:25

Sounds like it could be painful. Daltrey hasn't shown any indication of being up for it for a long time. An Evening of Hollow Bellowing may be an apt description.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: February 3, 2010 08:13

I saw them do Quadraphenia in I think 1997 in not too large a venue. It was brilliant.

baxlap
Sounds like it could be painful. Daltrey hasn't shown any indication of being up for it for a long time. An Evening of Hollow Bellowing may be an apt description.

Sounds (and looks) pretty good to me! (from October 2009)

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 3, 2010 12:34

Tickets available from 9 a.m. Friday; details here

[www.absoluteradio.co.uk]

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 3, 2010 12:52

tickets availabe today, through the presale, were of a very poor quality.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 3, 2010 13:08

How much were the tickets, Adrian? I'm so annoyed that I'm going to be away on that date angry smiley

Date: February 3, 2010 13:20

Ranging from £35 to £200 -but only restricted view gallery standing,
seemed to be available through the presale.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 3, 2010 13:37

£200 top whack is ridiculous, even if it's for charity. The last Who tickets in London were £35 at the Indigo. And even about 5 years ago for a Teenage Cancer Trust show at the Albert Hall they were £80. But I can't miss Quadrophenia. No way.

Date: February 3, 2010 14:00

Adrian-L

OK - thanks, Adrian. I guess that means the better seats may cost a whole lot more.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: February 3, 2010 15:13

Adrian-L

Correct - the worst Who presale ever. Usually you get front row tickets, but this was utter shite. I bought Specials ones for the night before and got Arena standing without a problem. That's because their presales are run for fans by fans.

Typical Ticketmaster. Sell the shite first, hold off for a few hours, then sell the good ones. I didn't buy any Who ones. Not doing the nosebleeds. Holding out until Friday - plus I'd keep trying Tm. They'll release good seats in dribs and drabs. W-a-n-k-e-r-s.

Date: February 3, 2010 16:32

Nikolai,
What site did you get the Specials standing tickets from?

Date: February 3, 2010 16:36

It is worth checking the RAH site itself as seats often become available nearer the time and it is an excellent site as you can see exactly what seats are there before purchasing.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 3, 2010 17:06

Love to see it again but without John Entwistle....he was such a big part of Quadrophenia.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 3, 2010 17:19

They've done it before right? So The Who are only about the past.

Huh.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 3, 2010 17:23

skipstone
They've done it before right? So The Who are only about the past.

Huh.

Is it the medication that makes you this boring?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 3, 2010 17:37

Yoko Daltrey can't sing anymore period.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-03 17:37 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: February 3, 2010 17:38

It worked again! HA HA! I know, it's only rock'n'roll but tatters likes it...

Date: February 3, 2010 18:02

Silver Dagger
Nikolai,
What site did you get the Specials standing tickets from?

www.thespecials2.com.

But, be advised that you have to a). contact one of the moderators on the forum, which you can only do if you're b). a member of the forum and c). a member of the forum of fairly long standing (i.e: not just from yesterday).

This may strike you as unfair, but they only want fans to get the tickets and not touts. And they've got a fairly draconian way of dealing with people who sell presales on EBay - bidding £1 million for the tickets/mass reporting the vendors to EBay etc etc. I hate touts, so I think it's great.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 3, 2010 18:29

and what do you like at the moment skippy?

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: February 3, 2010 18:31

Hello,

That was the worst ticket-buying day in history.
Tried for The Specials with the pre-show and couldn't get arena standing at all.

Then in a panic (and I am old enough to know better) I ponied-up $50 like a twat to Fanfire (do I smell the hand of M. Cohl?) to renew my Who.com subscription to allow access to the RAH pre-sale.

Result?
Sweet @#$%&-all.

Here's hoping for any luck come Friday 9am.
Congratulations to those who got what they were after,but this Who-debacle was an effin' shambles.
If I had a guitar with me,I'd be minded to stick it through this monitor!
Right,rant over...so,do you think Leeds will do Spurs tonight?

Cheers,

Si.

Date: February 3, 2010 18:49

Simon, is that a brilliant pre-meditated linking of The Who to football and of course the place of their greatest ever gig or just a shrug of the shoulders dispondent remark?

And in answer to your question, let's hope so.

Date: February 3, 2010 19:35

SimonN
Hello,

Tried for The Specials with the pre-show and couldn't get arena standing at all.

Then in a panic (and I am old enough to know better) I ponied-up $50 like a twat to Fanfire (do I smell the hand of M. Cohl?) to renew my Who.com subscription to allow access to the RAH pre-sale.

Result?
Sweet @#$%&-all.

Congratulations to those who got what they were after,but this Who-debacle was an effin' shambles.

Cheers,

Si.

Sorry to hear that, mate. The Specials tickets are being handled by seetickets.com, who are fookin' shite. Their site crashes/marks everything as sold out when there are more than two people online. I had to try a few times to get through.

The Who presale was dreadful though. Reminds me of The Stones.

Spurs beat Leeds, I think.

Date: February 3, 2010 21:59

DBT.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 4, 2010 01:23

ablett
and what do you like at the moment skippy?

He likes being disgruntled.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: February 4, 2010 02:54

I've got a Gibson
...without a case.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 4, 2010 08:57

I can't get that even tanned look on my face....

Date: February 4, 2010 10:53

SimonN
Hello,

Result?
Sweet @#$%&-all.

Cheers,

Si.

i'm sorry to hear of your ticketing woes, Simon....if it's any consolation, i had a similar experience.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: February 4, 2010 11:06

Hi A-L,S.D. and Nikolai,

I checked back last night on See Tickets and lo! there were Arena Standing tickets for The Specials to be had.So that's one down...

However,I still feel pretty angry about how this particular pre-sale was run.
The problems?

- we were only allowed to use Ticketmaster for the pre-sale,and on their site they intimated that Arena Standing Tickets at £82 were available.This was not the case as it is seating on the Hall's floor for The Two's show.By the time this was known,the rest of the pre-sale allocation had sold.And yes,I was logged-on before 1000.

- how many seats,and in which areas of the Hall were made available to Who.com subscribers?In common with a lot of other fans,I renewed my Who.com membership specifically to increase my chances of buying a ticket to this show.$50 wasted,and a lot of goodwill spent too.

- TM allowed you the option of buying Who.com membership at the time of your attempt to buy tickets which was a fairer method,but not known to fans before the pre-sale began:at least you could see that no suitable tickets were available and thus not buy the membership.
How I wish I had known that that option was available instead of renewing my membership beforehand.

I have e-mailed my complaint to orderhelp@livenationmerchandise.com and asked for them to cancel my membership and refund my $50.
Their response:

"Hello Simon,

Thank you for choosing Live Nation Merchandise.

I apologize that the pre sale has ended and is no longer active. Unfortunately, fan club memberships are non refundable.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.
Now kindly @#$%& off."

Alright,I may have added that last line,but that's the message,loud and clear.

Please do not think that I expected to get 2 seats/stand directly in front of PT and that because this didn't happen that I want to 'take my ball home' and sulk:I feel that quite a few people were misled here.

Fanfire have operated to the 'letter of the law' but nowhere near to the spirit of how fans should be treated.

Shoddy and misleading stuff all round,really.Perhaps I am most annoyed at myself for buying into this pre-sale horseshit,given that I know how badly Stones fans have been treated in this department recently.

We'll have a punt in the free-for-all tomorrow at 0900-hope to see some (if not all!) of you there in March.

Cheers,

Si.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-04 16:09 by SimonN.

Date: February 4, 2010 12:21

I had an issue with FanFire as well when buying tix for the Who at Indigo2 - I had a membership but the code was not recognized when I tried to buy tickets in a presale, so after trying at least 10 times without success I opted to buy another membership at the time of purchase. I happened to be in the US so I called Firefox and the lady (manager) I spoke to was willing to refund one of the memberships but I had to call back for some reason that I can't remember now - maybe with some further details that I didn't have to hand at the time. When I called back, no one would ever pass me to that same lady and they flatly refused to refund the money, despite several further e-mails of complaint to them.

As I remember, the option to buy a fan club membership at the time of purchase was also often available when buying Stones tickets for ABB tour. This whole presale scenario is totally iniquitous and in most cases a complete con.

Anyhow, hope you all managed to get tix today. Me, I am just mega-peed off that I'll be out of the country on the date. Grrrrr......

Date: February 4, 2010 13:38

Hi Simon,

Just looked on See Tickets and no standing tickets for The Specials currently available. They say tickets are going on sale tomorrow. Did I miss something then? Guess I'll join everyone else for the scramble tomorrow morning.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1440
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home