Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OLD BANDS STILL PLAYING
Posted by: MARSBAR ()
Date: January 30, 2010 02:18

I just scrolled the internet and as I live in Canada(Ex UK)I cant believe it,i realise the line ups are differnet..but still you dont see the old bands so much RE:Cost touring here etc....Man!!!the amount of the old bands still playing in Europe is crazy!!!!!!!!!!I realise the line-ups have changed but still????beats working 9-5 I guess.eye popping smiley

Re: OLD BANDS STILL PLAYING
Date: January 30, 2010 02:19

MARSBAR
I just scrolled the internet and as I live in Canada(Ex UK)I cant believe it,i realise the line ups are differnet..but still you dont see the old bands so much RE:Cost touring here etc....Man!!!the amount of the old bands still playing in Europe is crazy!!!!!!!!!!I realise the line-ups have changed but still????beats working 9-5 I guess.eye popping smiley
Screwed the post up somewhat!!!sorry.>grinning smiley<smoking smiley

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: January 30, 2010 03:46

I got where you were going with the post, and it's true. The logistics of taking a band from Europe to North America for a tour of somewhat small size (when you once played arenas), when you have no record company support (if you even still have a record deal) is difficult, at best.

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: January 30, 2010 03:48

MARSBAR

Such as?????

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: January 30, 2010 05:58

Woody24
MARSBAR

Such as?????

I know what you mean Mars...One band I would love to see who was never very big in the U.S but still tour with most of the original lineup in Europe is Status Quo..When was the last time they came to the U.S.?? Also would love to see Ian Hunter but he only seems to tour in Europe these days...........

I was privileged to see Ian Hunter with Mick Ronson, just before he passed (RIP), at a small club in Connecticut called Toads Place back in the early 90's?. It is in my top 5 of all time concert experiences and I probably have been to over a thousand shows. Mr. Hunter is just a tremendous talent.

ex Sex Pistol guitarist Steve Jones opened with his band and this was right around the time he released his "Fire and Gasoline" solo album.....If you like old time 70's rock seek out that album as it is a hidden jem.......

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 30, 2010 10:51

What is OLD, is it from the early seventies:

Then recently different version of Sweet, Status Quo, Suzy Quattro, Uriah Heep and others have been touring around in Europe on smaller festiavls. Funny to see.

Posted by: Back Of My Palm ()
Date: January 30, 2010 13:21

most of the original lineup in Europe is Status Quo

Been seing them couple of times. As I know only Rossi & Parfitt is left.
Same with Nazareth, heep etc etc in eternity.. One or two original members at best.
The bands with almost intact machs are the ones that have the greatest audiences.
Sabbat/Heaven And Hell and Deep Purpe for example.
But I warmly do recommend Quo: its e helluva rock and roll show!!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 30, 2010 14:58

Some of those old band-drive transmissions are still pushin' vehicles .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: wolfi ()
Date: January 30, 2010 15:36

Since a lot of the "old band" members are dead, wouldn't it be better to ask.

Old Rockers still playing:

From the 60s even Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood are still around

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 30, 2010 15:55

From the 50s even Chuck Berry, Little Richard, and Jerry Lee Lewis are still around.

Date: January 30, 2010 17:40

Woody24
MARSBAR

Such as?????
Do an internet search of festivals etc in Europe and read the line-ups...All bands I saw and heard in the UK in the seventies,names I had forgotten,some listed in this thread,I didnt know Status Quo were still going..Colliseum..Wishbone Ash....etc,etc.smoking smiley

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: February 1, 2010 05:46

Just look at any recent issue of MOJO to see who's touring soon in England. In the most recent issue, there are ads for Jeff Beck, Clapton/Winwood, Rod Stewart, the Stranglers, Lee "Scratch" Perry, Peter Hammill, the Beat, Peter Gabriel, Paul Weller, and Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel.

And there's the tribute bands: the Australian Pink Floyd Show, the Bootleg Sixties, etc. This just in: Old music is still very much in demand.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home