Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Teenage Head Better than Sticky Finger's? Say Jagger/Richards??
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: January 30, 2010 10:14

The Flamies Groovies made an albbum called teenage head, I remember reading somewhere that Mick & Keith both said it was a better album the S.F., anyone give this album a listen?

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: Teenage Head Better than Sticky Finger's? Say Jagger/Richards??
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 30, 2010 11:08

It's okay but it ain't Sticky.........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 30, 2010 11:17

It's an oustanding slab of prime American rock'n'roll with its roots planted firmly in 50s rock'n'roll, rockabilly, and good time Stones style rock. Anyone who loves The Stones, Faces, and Dylan will dig it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-30 13:27 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 30, 2010 12:13

I bought it on recommendation from a friend, but was a little disappointed because I heard too much of the above ("as good as Sticky", etc.) before listening to it.
Like Rockman said, it's good, but it ain't nowhere near Sticky Fingers. It's lacking depth and originality, IMHO.

3 out of 5.
Sticky Fingers is 6 out of 5. smiling smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 30, 2010 13:03

LieB
I bought it on recommendation from a friend, but was a little disappointed because I heard too much of the above ("as good as Sticky", etc.) before listening to it.
Like Rockman said, it's good, but it ain't nowhere near Sticky Fingers. It's lacking depth and originality, IMHO.

3 out of 5.
Sticky Fingers is 6 out of 5. smiling smiley

Absolutely right, agree 100%. Through the decades, I heard many claims like this and other Stones comparisons like "this band can blow the Stones through the roof" or what and when I checked, it always turned out that it was massive hype and exaggeration with little to no substance to it.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 30, 2010 13:32

This is perhaps the Groovies greatest ever song - Slow Death. The 70s NME journalist Nick Kent played it to Keith in 74 and Keith allegedly said 'I don't remember writing that one'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-30 13:32 by Silver Dagger.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home