Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick on Guitar
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 14, 2010 00:44

Looks like backstage '69

Re: Mick on Guitar
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 14, 2010 00:57

Amazing ! Thought it was Keith..

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: June 14, 2010 00:58

it is backstage MSG 1969 bonus footage from the gimme shelter dvd

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 14, 2010 01:03

Mick has his hands on the guitar, but his eyes on Tina. Pretty bold, with Ike sitting right there.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: June 14, 2010 03:09

He might just be noodling but Mick obviously even then shows some aptitude for guitar. He's always been an all-around talented musician and IMO never gotten enough recognition for it.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 14, 2010 03:17

Mick got one of the Ikettes numbers that night. thumbs up

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: June 14, 2010 04:48

Did Keith teach Mick guitar at some point or is that an urban myth? Does anyone know what song or album gave Mick his first guitar credit? He has seemed pretty comfortable from the early 70s on.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 14, 2010 05:15

mckalk
Did Keith teach Mick guitar at some point or is that an urban myth? Does anyone know what song or album gave Mick his first guitar credit? He has seemed pretty comfortable from the early 70s on.

First credit was on Sticky Fingers, but he was clearly playing long before that. He shows the grasp of Delta blues feeling that he later perfected in his memorable part on "Stop Breaking Down".

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 14, 2010 05:25

mckalk

He played acoustic guitar on early versions of Sympathy For The Devil, he also played guitar on Robert Johnson's 'Come On In My Kitchen' (Performance)
Mick's first guitar credit was on Sticky Fingers (Sway, Dead Flowers and Moonlight Mile)

Posted by: 5string ()
Date: June 14, 2010 07:19

I loved Mick's playing on the live versions of I Go Wild and Don't Stop--very good uh huh!!!

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 14, 2010 07:40

I remember being most impressed by his guitar work on Moonlight Mile in '99. Previously, he'd pretty much just banged out the rhythm and mugged a bit admidst the racket. But, here, they were a genuine three-guitar band with three distinct parts: Jagger holding down the core melody, Richards with fills, and Wood with slide parts over the choruses. They did a lesser version of this with the versions of Sister Morphine in '97-98.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2109
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home