Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - The deline continues
Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: December 21, 2009 05:39

I used to love the holdiay season as most of the music stores seemed to carry a lot of the artists back catalogues and rare issues. I would always find some rare gem I'd been looking for years for. Now the bins mostly have recent releases and many of the older acts are relegated to greatest hit comps. I'm really begining to hate the digital download era.

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Re: OT - The deline continues
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 21, 2009 07:54

And tonight I discovered that BORDER'S is carrying vinyl!!! Mostly mouldy oldies but some new stuff -- but quite mainstream new stuff

I've always collected old and bought all my new music on vinyl (except for a brief period in the early 90s where it was almost impossible except for Dischord and SubPop)-- it's now becoming so commonplace (again) I'm feeling a little embarrassed and may need to switch emphasis over to digital downloading winking smiley

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: December 21, 2009 10:02

Start using AMAZON, I did after TOWER RECORDS closed down. Great move, they - AMAZON - carry EVERYTHING plus their prices are great. Have bought tons of DVD's, CD's, and Photo/Art books and saved Thousands of $$$'s.......

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: December 21, 2009 10:12

Borders? You lucky thing, they have just (this last month) gone into administration in the UK and they close on the 22nd for the last time...

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 21, 2009 16:43

BestBuy in some locations (Long Island, NY comes to mind) have a fantastic vinyl selection for those that buy - I know many here are against them however.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1494
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home