Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Whose solo albums do you prefer?Ronnie's or Mick T.'s
Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: December 19, 2009 00:08

As much as I prefer Mick Taylor as The Stones lead guitarist I find Ronnie's solo albums better than other stones' solo efforts.I remember being very disappointed upon listening to Mick T's self-titled debut.As good as that record is, it just sounds too slick and guitar solos lack certain rawness that Mick had in The Stones.I have to say that I am not familiar with Mick Taylor's recent albums and that is one of the reasons why I started this thread.What do you think?

Re: Whose solo albums do you prefer?Ronnie's or Mick T.'s
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 19, 2009 02:02

I love both Mick and Ron's first one. I don't believe either have come close since, IMO. Taylor was also all over "I've Got My Own Album To Do", but uncredited, so you had three Stones guitarists on one album.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 19, 2009 02:47

Ronnie's, his discs have more depth and Ronnie is a good front man.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 19, 2009 03:46

71Tele
I love both Mick and Ron's first one. I don't believe either have come close since, IMO. Taylor was also all over "I've Got My Own Album To Do", but uncredited, so you had three Stones guitarists on one album.

Actually, he was credited.

The original British version of the album had an insert, sort of like the track sheet in Black and Blue, only with photos and Ronnie's illustrations all over it.

Shame they didn't include it when they finally put out the CD. Now Look had at least one extra photo on the CD. Maybe they didn't know.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 19, 2009 05:04

<< The original British version of the album had an insert, sort of like the track sheet in Black and Blue, only with photos and Ronnie's illustrations all over it. >>

Can anyone confirm if this was in the original US release? I had it but don't remember.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 19, 2009 05:12

Woody's "Gimme Some Neck" was a very good solo effort. Slightly better than MT's first solo effort because it had more of an edge to it and the songs worked well live on The New Barbarians tour in 1979.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home