Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Another Stones/festival rumor (Coachella)
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 15, 2009 00:05

Coachella set for April 16-18; Rumored acts include Rolling Stones, Muse, Pavement, Faith No More...
December 14, 3:30 PMMusic ExaminerPaul Gargano

Coachella 2010 has been announced for the weekend of April 16-18. Ticket pre-sales are now underway.

Faith No More planning U.S. dates on reunion tour, according to bassist
Billy Corgan discusses new Smashing Pumpkins track
DJ Hero puts electronic music on the video game map, features Daft Punk, DJ AM, Queen and more

Let the lineup speculation begin - the tenth annual Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival will be held April 16-18, 2010.

While concert promoters Goldenvoice haven't announced details regarding the festival lineup, they have confirmed the Coachella weekend and have officially begun selling pre-sale ticket packages, including layaway plans. Visit www.coachella.com for details.

While nobody has been officially confirmed for the three-day festival - which will be held on the same weekend as last year, which included headliners Paul McCartney, The Cure and The Killers - many artists have already started talking about their plans.

DEVO have stated in an interview that their 2010 tour will kick-off at Coachella, while TIESTO told me in a recent interview that he is talking to organizers about a return engagement (I will post interview this week, stay tuned). THE BEASTIE BOYS have mentioned that they're talking about a possible Coachella appearance in 2010, and MUSE is also being speculated by many, as their U.S. arena tour is currently scheduled to end the week before Coachella in Arizona, with no Southern California date scheduled. ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN are perennial rumor-mill fodder, and will likely be this year, as well, as they are rumored to be touring America in spring.

Also early favorites throughout speculation circles include reunited acts FAITH NO MORE and PAVEMENT, with SMASHING PUMPKINS making a lot of sense as well, given the fact that the band have begun releasing new material. GORILLAZ - who are planning the release of new album Plastic Beach for 2010 - have also been bounced around.

The biggest rumor so far? THE ROLLING STONES. Following headlining sets from Roger Waters in 2008 and Paul McCartney in 2009, the Stones wouldn't come as a surprise. Personally, I'd rather see DAVID BOWIE anchor the bill as the festival's legendary name, but that's what is so great about speculation - we can all do it!

My wish list? Faith No More and DAFT PUNK headlining Friday night, an improbable TALKING HEADS reunion followed by FATBOY SLIM on Saturday night (Heads frontman David Byrne and Fatboy Slim joined forces for Here Lies Love, a collaboration to be released Feb. 23), and Bowie sending us all home happy with Sunday evening's closing set. I know that's not going to happen, but let a man dream...

Who would you like to see on Coachella? Leave your wish-list below, and be sure to visit the Coachella message boards, where there is a running list of rumored an unofficially "confirmed" acts.

In 2009, the official Coachella lineup was released January 30.

As has been the case since the festival's inception, the three-day concert will be held at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, CA, about 20 miles east of Palm Springs, CA, and two hours east of Los Angeles. This year's festival will include expanded camping options for cars, RVs and traditional tents.

The first Coachella was held in 1999, then the festival skipped a year before beginning its annual run in 2001. The festival transformed from a two-day event to a three-day concert starting in 2007.

[www.examiner.com]

Re: Another Stones/festival rumor (Coachella)
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 15, 2009 00:14

It's confirmed:

[www.examiner.com]

Date: December 15, 2009 00:21

mtaylor
It's confirmed:

[www.examiner.com]

Confirmed rumor.

I, personally, doubt it.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 15, 2009 00:36

Edith Grove
mtaylor
It's confirmed:

[www.examiner.com]

Confirmed rumor.

I, personally, doubt it.
Yes, it is confirmed that there is rumor going on - from now on to eternity.
Glastonbury, Coachella - what is the next: Roskilde Festival, Knebworth, Benicassim Festival, Love Parade, Open'er Festival.....

Date: December 15, 2009 00:39

mtaylor
Glastonbury, Coachella - what is the next: Roskilde Festival, Knebworth, Benicassim Festival, Love Parade, Open'er Festival.....

Don't forget Jazz Fest!

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: December 15, 2009 05:19

Edith Grove
mtaylor

Don't forget Jazz Fest!

Or a free festival in Hyde Parkcool smiley or in Livermore, CAconfused smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 15, 2009 15:05

April?

Ronnie will be lucky if his next stint of rehab will be anywhere near finished that early.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: December 15, 2009 15:24

I've also heard some rumours the Stones are coming to the Pinkpop festival in the Netherlands. I don't believe it. I also don't believe they are planning a new tour, although I hope so.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: December 15, 2009 16:16

I heard the 70th Sturgis Motorcycle Rally 2010 has been trying to woo them.

Date: December 15, 2009 16:42

TrulyMicks
I heard the 70th Sturgis Motorcycle Rally 2010 has been trying to woo them.

Don't know about the Stones, but I'd bet Alice Cooper will be there again!

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: December 15, 2009 16:44

I see Coachella as a strong possibility. Mick knows the importance of connecting with that audience. Plus, there is the urging from their own kids...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-15 18:47 by Carnaby.

Date: December 15, 2009 16:56

Carnaby
I see this as a strong posibility.

Are you talking about Stugis or Coachella?

Personally, I can't see the Stones playing a motorcycle festival.
I'm thinking they still have a bad taste in their mouths that's been there for 40+ years.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 15, 2009 18:10

The acts seem REAL lame

Date: December 15, 2009 18:48

mickscarey
The acts seem REAL lame

That seems to be the nature of Coachella. But it is meaningful to that ilk.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 15, 2009 19:04

I wouldn't be surprised if Goldenvoice pitched the slot to them but I don't see it happening. I was already planning on skipping it using the hundreds to go to several more FNM headline shows elsewhere.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: December 15, 2009 21:56

I heard the Stones were rumored to play the Lunar Jazz Fest (on the Moon) in 2010. I think this will be the first time they've played there. Tickets are probably already on ebay.

Date: December 15, 2009 22:27

Tate
I heard the Stones were rumored to play the Lunar Jazz Fest (on the Moon) in 2010. I think this will be the first time they've played there. Tickets are probably already on ebay.

I know they are booked into the Easter Island Festival in 2047.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 15, 2009 22:28

I heard the Stones were going to be playing the County Fair circuit next year.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 16, 2009 15:41

the stones dont need to play any festivals .they are a festival unto themselves .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1412
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home